Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki 2021+ Model S Refresh - Missing/Incomplete Software Features

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Seems like the useful, wanted improvements are always coming soon, and the parlor tricks come regularly.
Not unexpected. Parlor tricks are easy to make and test. If they fail, it doesn’t matter.

Hard things are harder, thrown in with hardware differences with are rampant right now. There were a few weeks of no S deliveries because the backup gear shift firmware… wasn’t ready yet. For a different chip than we have.

Not unexpected. Parlor tricks are easy to make and test. If they fail, it doesn’t matter.

Hard things are harder, thrown in with hardware differences with are rampant right now. There were a few weeks of no S deliveries because the backup gear shift firmware… wasn’t ready yet. For a different chip than we have.
Right, anything to make the sale and keep hardware rolling out the doors. Delivering Model 3 and Ys without USB ports and wireless chargers are even fair game these days! 🤣

Yeah, nothing in audio options either.

View attachment 735501

Expecting its either a hardware difference (my 447 VIN has a different DSP or something) or it’s still in testing / limited feature flagged release.
Mine is 433 and doesn't have it too. Just installed 2021.40.6 and there is no option for Active noise cancellation. But I got the "Upgrades" tab and under the "service" tab now I have "adjust headlights". Tried to play with it and of course, it doesn't work cause S has manually adjusted headlights...

Attachments

• IMG_4460.JPG
    IMG_4460.JPG
    362.2 KB · Views: 125
Ah, no. There isn’t 2021.46.x release, and .49.6 is reported as not having ARNR on TMC.

Nope. No you are not unless you are in EAP.

yah my bad - typo! meant 40.6 - eep o_O

And apparently got overly excited about release notes published on notateslaapp, noise cancelling not there, lame 😒

Still a cool update for Palladium MS tho!

Reactions: jebinc and cwanja
Wait there's a rear entertainment issue too? I didn't even know- kids watched netflix yesterday. What is the issue with the rear?

XM radio I am not sure will be included- there were some Model S's after the last refresh that took out the satellite radio antenna, not sure if they never put it back after MCU2. Currently I'm using the sirius XM app through the phone's bluetooth which honestly is cheaper and has many more channels than siriusXM hardware ever did

Peter
I have XM sirius that I got on an update. Works great. Three months free. LR S Peter

Does anyone know to auto turn off the headlights when parking? Whenever I park or take off my seatbelts at night my headlights are still fully on, not even in “parking headlights”.

So every time I park or want to sit in my car I need to head into control>lights< turn off interior and exterior lights

Not a big issue but I’m wondering if I didn’t set it up right

Nope. No you are not unless you are in EAP.
So I want to add an interesting tidbit here. Took the car out for a evening stroll (and get groceries) and there is definitely something active in the headrest on 2021.40.6. My assumption is ARNR in shadow mode collecting data. But it is clear that when I turn my head, so that my ears parallel with the headrest, it sounds like my ear closest to the headrest is enclosed. Similar to what you might experience with ANC on AirPods or similar headsets.

• Informative
Reactions: WilliamG and jebinc
Does anyone know to auto turn off the headlights when parking? Whenever I park or take off my seatbelts at night my headlights are still fully on, not even in “parking headlights”.

So every time I park or want to sit in my car I need to head into control>lights< turn off interior and exterior lights

Not a big issue but I’m wondering if I didn’t set it up right
An easier solution might be a secondary profile. If you truly are turning these on and off enough. Fewer presses on the screen, but not an exact solution.

Reactions: jebinc
So I want to add an interesting tidbit here. Took the car out for a evening stroll (and get groceries) and there is definitely something active in the headrest on 2021.40.6. My assumption is ARNR in shadow mode collecting data. But it is clear that when I turn my head, so that my ears parallel with the headrest, it sounds like my ear closest to the headrest is enclosed. Similar to what you might experience with ANC on AirPods or similar headsets.
Very interesting! Can you also confirm these tweeters now work on 2021.40.6 (with Immersive Sound on)? They definitely don’t work in 2021.36.8.6. Circled in red…

Attachments

• A2432CF8-6A65-4F9D-9355-EE97E7CCEFE8.png
    A2432CF8-6A65-4F9D-9355-EE97E7CCEFE8.png
    1.9 MB · Views: 68
Reactions: jebinc and cwanja
Very interesting! Can you also confirm these tweeters now work on 2021.40.6 (with Immersive Sound on)? They definitely don’t work in 2021.36.8.6. Circled in red…
So admittedly, I am no audiophile and spent years in my youth playing drums mostly without ear plugs.

I had a podcast on and there was no audible sound coming from the speaker circle in red. Again, hard to tell considering there was sound coming from the the rest of the car. I could have moved the balancer to just be on the driver seat, but did not.

• Helpful
Reactions: jebinc
So admittedly, I am no audiophile and spent years in my youth playing drums mostly without ear plugs.

I had a podcast on and there was no audible sound coming from the speaker circle in red. Again, hard to tell considering there was sound coming from the the rest of the car. I could have moved the balancer to just be on the driver seat, but did not.
Hmm interesting. So, conflicting information! One member said that’s an active speaker now. When you get another chance, please shift balancer or play music and see?