Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki 2021+ Model S Refresh - Missing/Incomplete Software Features

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Is there any sort of tilt/intrusion detection done by Sentry mode? A robber was looking through cars and broke the glass of an adjacently parked SUV + used my Plaid's side to enter into a broken window of the bigger SUV. I was only aware when I went through the Sentry mode footage a few days later. I understand you can open up the cameras in real time on the app but no notifications or car alarms when someone's trying to break in?

When and what does trigger the car alarm?
They don't really explain would it takes to trigger the alarm, but here's what the manual says.

• Informative
Reactions: cwanja
They don't really explain would it takes to trigger the alarm, but here's what the manual says.

I feel like these cars have more than enough sensors and data to be able to activate the alarm under numerous circumstances. Heck, the mics in the front seats could potentially have a dual purpose of listening for broken glass etc, given they are tuned for specific frequencies.

So dumb question, but does the dash cam/TeslaCam on the refresh S and X work differently that other Teslas. Neither of my other Teslas supported TeslaCam, but it seems like on other cars, the dash cam records a continuous loop, while in my Plaid, it seems like I can only capture clips. Is this correct or am I doing something wrong?

So dumb question, but does the dash cam/TeslaCam on the refresh S and X work differently that other Teslas. Neither of my other Teslas supported TeslaCam, but it seems like on other cars, the dash cam records a continuous loop, while in my Plaid, it seems like I can only capture clips. Is this correct or am I doing something wrong?
It should be a rolling hour loop. I think they still cut the clips into smaller chunks, but the dash cam should stitch them together.

The only caveat to that being if the dash cam software is half-baked. Entirely possible.

What is on your storage device? Is there files for a full drive? Do not have my car at the moment, but will check this out this week.

It should be a rolling hour loop. I think they still cut the clips into smaller chunks, but the dash cam should stitch them together.

The only caveat to that being if the dash cam software is half-baked. Entirely possible.

What is on your storage device? Is there files for a full drive? Do not have my car at the moment, but will check this out this week.
Thanks--I am using the default USB that ships with the car. I don't have a loop, the only clips I have are the ones I trigger manually or via honking. 🤔

On a whim, I tried Summons today, tried backing out go our two car garage)--I had given up on it since it never really worked right since delivery. Lo and behold, it worked. Not sure if it was fixed in a FW upgrade (on 36.8.9) or because I'm in FSD beta (10.6), but I thought I'd pass it along.
Guessing you need FSD for that? I have EAP on my 3 and I miss the fact I can't back my S out of spots or call it from across the car park (I don't miss it enough to sink $10k)

Reactions: bhzmark
Tesla released the updated Model X wiring schematic. Weirdly, still none for the S. The table of contents says one of the pages is for "Steering, Display Actuators" but only has information for steering. No mention of trim light engines. Motorized mechanisms are still present in the parts catalog.

• Informative
Perhaps this is already covered in one of the proceeding 42 pages of comments but does anyone notice that the quality of the backup camera on the display is not as crisp as earlier Model S? Just seems a bit more blurry despite cleaning the camera. Wondering if it is just a software issue or something I need service to take a look at.

Perhaps this is already covered in one of the proceeding 42 pages of comments but does anyone notice that the quality of the backup camera on the display is not as crisp as earlier Model S? Just seems a bit more blurry despite cleaning the camera. Wondering if it is just a software issue or something I need service to take a look at.
It seems sub-par compared to the Model 3 in resolution and colour reproduction. Unsure if the resolution is just because the screen is slightly bigger, but I'm leaning to no, that's not it.

Reactions: oktane and Jabbahop
Saw some post on reddit about ANC being activated in 44.5 release. Is that true or has someone seen it here?
Yes. Can confirm it has been released in 44.5

Mine is still calibrating but someone posted a video driving while toggling the setting. Not much of a noticeable difference over audio. I’ll see what it is like in person later today.