Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki 2021+ Model S Refresh - Missing/Incomplete Software Features

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
And to add to this, the auto-volume leveling for music is way too aggressive in these cars. It just gets so loud when you get up to speed and then so quiet when you slow down, so I wish Tesla would give us the ability to adjust the aggressiveness of this when listening to music. I feel like they probably left this auto leveling based on previous cars that were far louder in the cabin, which of course makes no sense for a much quieter car like this new Model S
you also notice the blinker sound gets louder also with it? I can't stand that.

Reactions: cwanja and Ramphex
Hope that is just due to the thrown together software. And it comes in V11. Just about like everything else ;)

Well given this adjustment never came to the 3/Y, I wouldn't count on it. It wasn't bothersome at all in the 3/Y due to the internal acoustics (much more road noise etc). With the S, it's waaaaaaaay more noticeable/distracting since the cabin is much quieter. So I hope this feature does come to it. Along with working HomeLink, and... you know... the ability to lock/unlock your doors without multiple screen presses.

The software's a mess. I'm sure Tesla's aware, but compared to the 3, and for a car that cost me 3x as much as the Model 3, it's certainly a long way from anywhere near the maturity of the 3/Y software.

Reactions: cwanja and jebinc
Is 2021.12.25.5 the latest version? Is there a version/change log tracker somewhere? I still can't get the dashcam viewer to open with any voice commands (or find a button for it)
"Open dashcam viewer" has always worked for me, so no sure why that is not working for you. The viewer is an app in the app dock:

IMG_1225.jpeg

Reactions: cwanja
Dock is the lower portion of Omar's screenshot. The USB-A port is in the glovebox and should have the USB stick provided from Tesla. There are other USB-C ports throughout the console assembly.
Thank you, I just looked in the glove box and sure enough there was a USB stick plugged in. With regards to the screenshot, I do not have the dash am icon. I checked my software and am v10.2 and it says I have the most up to date software which must not be true.

Thank you, I just looked in the glove box and sure enough there was a USB stick plugged in. With regards to the screenshot, I do not have the dash am icon. I checked my software and am v10.2 and it says I have the most up to date software which must not be true.
Omar is on .24 per a previous post (cc/ @Ramphex ). So that is why you do not see the dash cam icon. No clue why .24 is not rolling out further.

Reactions: Emiller