Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki 2021+ Model S Refresh - Missing/Incomplete Software Features

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Speaking of which, it's actually pretty crazy the right scroll wheel's left/right-click function does absolutely nothing right now as far as I can tell.
Things like this are why I think most engineers are sequestered working on the next big release branch. In other words, this feature is implemented already, just in a version that's not ready for prime time yet; and they want to minimize the number of features back ported to the current branch. This is why the current version feels like a messy stop-gap -- because it is. </theory>

Things like this are why I think most engineers are sequestered working on the next big release branch. In other words, this feature is implemented already, just in a version that's not ready for prime time yet; and they want to minimize the number of features back ported to the current branch. This is why the current version feels like a messy stop-gap -- because it is. </theory>
This, 100%

Reactions: cwanja
OK, so I stand corrected. 2021.32.5 has definitely made the haptics stronger on the yoke. They’re quite loud, too, now as the strength has increased. I think it might be too strong when sitting at a light (anyone in the car who is paying attention can now hear it!). Traveling at 30-40mph I can now feel it through my thumb on regular roads. Any faster than that it depends on the surface if I can feel the vibration.

At least it’s an improvement!

OK, so I stand corrected. 2021.32.5 has definitely made the haptics stronger on the yoke. They’re quite loud, too, now as the strength has increased. I think it might be too strong when sitting at a light (anyone in the car who is paying attention can now hear it!). Traveling at 30-40mph I can now feel it through my thumb on regular roads. Any faster than that it depends on the surface if I can feel the vibration.

At least it’s an improvement!
Agreed just updated overnight and this was the first thing I noticed this morning.

Reactions: WilliamG
Because if I have passengers in the backseat and I run out of the car for a minute or two, I should expect the air to work regardless of what “mode” I am in.

This also brings up Cabin Overheat Protection issues I’m sure.

Also, can’t have my mother in law in the back seat and put on Dog Mode… it’s just not a good look.
So I just noticed this today, not sure if its new with the software update or not. But there's a "keep" button above the dog mode button that will keep the air going after you leave the car. Will do it if battery above 20%.

At least it won't offend your mother in law 😂

Attachments

• IMG_3738.jpg
    IMG_3738.jpg
    561.9 KB · Views: 62
  • Funny
Reactions: WhiteWi
Here is another software issue: When I get a text message and it pops up on the center screen. Sometimes it is the right person, and other times it is completely the wrong person. It's pulling up a text from someone I haven't spoken with in ages. It's jarring. "Why is this person texting me?" Not sure if this is an Android related issue or if iPhone users experience this too.

So I just noticed this today, not sure if its new with the software update or not. But there's a "keep" button above the dog mode button that will keep the air going after you leave the car. Will do it if battery above 20%.

At least it won't offend your mother in law 😂
We've had that option since we took delivery two weeks ago, so it's probably been there since June since we didn't do any software updates until yesterday.

Reactions: VM0412
Not sure if anyone else has this or noticed but on my last update the audio tone settings added a “sub” tone option. The audio sounds 4x better now for some reason. It was not very high quality before and sort of a disappointment. So much that i was going to get my audio guy to look at re doing the speaker/audio system and add a subwoofer. But now it sounds REALLY GOOD. Finally a solid upgrade that came through. Anyone else notice?

Reactions: M3LA and jebinc