Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S Refresh - white interior thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’m guessing they wanted you to pay current pricing?
When I was offered a different color interior on Friday, they didn't mention anything about a price increase. I'm guessing the plaid has the higher margin and can take the hit, but wanting the LR people to increase the price to get a better margin. Pretty crappy in my opinion, but I guess they're not having any issues selling the LR versions that are getting pumped out right now.

When I was offered a different color interior on Friday, they didn't mention anything about a price increase. I'm guessing the plaid has the higher margin and can take the hit, but wanting the LR people to increase the price to get a better margin. Pretty crappy in my opinion, but I guess they're not having any issues selling the LR versions that are getting pumped out right now.
My RN is a Plaid+ converted to Plaid. I think they've got some Plaids coming in for reservation holders not playing ball for quarter end. I would expect that my RN price would transfer to a different color configuration consistent with how it has for others (when Tesla is offering the alternative).

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
You do realize that when joins Team Plaid it's difficult to do anything but drive, increasingly faster, until you have a "moment" that snaps you out of it, hopefully w/o either flashing lights in the rearview mirror or crushed aluminum, right?

I spent most of the weekend at National Drive Electric Week events (or driving too/from them) showing off my car to both the enlightened and unenlightened. Gave a few test drives, but having barely driven it myself, was a little hesitant given the UI was totally foreign to my Model X experience of four years.

My opinion after a few days of ownership: Tesla could charge twice as much and you'd still be underpaying for what this car delivers.

Oh yeah, pictures. I have a few external shots at the local events, but nothing of the interior I wish to share. Just a few shots of some smudges on the upholstery that needed to be quickly and easily cleaned up during the delivery. I'll try to post a few in the next few days.

Would Carbon Fiber look better than the wood in an MSM/White configuration? I think it might. But, IMHO the wood is also beautiful and adds just a touch of warmth to the black/white interior.

The car's as-delivered firmware of 2021.31.101 was updated to 2021.32.22 this evening, and I pressed "the button" with mixed emotions. CHILL mode enabled (for 7 days, possibly more). We'll see what Elon delivers in a week.
Pictures - a rainy day here in the Boston area today. Gone CHILL mode for now until I get FSDbeta (2 days of 100 so far...). Oh the pain....

IMG_4945.jpeg
IMG_4947.jpeg
IMG_4942.jpeg
IMG_4943.jpeg
IMG_4941.jpeg

Last edited:
Also beginning to wonder when they start factoring in overseas builds. I still think it is slotted for Q3 / Q4 based upon the designer and oversea forum members. But, like anything else, those dates could change.

Car will get here, when it gets here.

Every time I think I could settle for a different interior color I see pictures like these and my fortitude to wait is restored.

Congratulations on enjoying the car. We don’t mind smudges! How was fit and finish?
The only problems I encountered during delivery were a few smudges, and the now standard missing set of mats/trunk covers. Relayed that to Tesla and in theory at some point will get them delivered. I didn't notice any panel gaps or anything else in the checklists on delivery day. Been having too much fun to go back and look for problems. The all-weather mats I ordered from Tesla the day I was matched with the car arrived today (from weathertech - surprise surprise).

Ogling, so thank you. Still think I would have preferred the ebony or even the dark ash, but I will take the walnut. Makes holding on for the white worth it.

Also, congratulations on taking delivery! Enjoy.

Last edited:
My RN is a Plaid+ converted to Plaid. I think they've got some Plaids coming in for reservation holders not playing ball for quarter end. I would expect that my RN price would transfer to a different color configuration consistent with how it has for others (when Tesla is offering the alternative).
I was offered a different exterior color/seat color/wheels last week for the current pricing. Just didn’t seem worth it.

Lost my VIN during noon time
Tried calling my SC before this happened, they must not be happy lol
VIN just got unmatched. Yikes.
How in the hell does this happen to two members? Odd thing. Though someone in the LR thread had this happen as well, then the next day it all popped right back into their account.