Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S Refresh - white interior thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am just sharing what I know, believe it or not that's your own judgement and always take a grain of salt. And Of course it's not at 12AM 1/1/2022. If everything goes well it should start from late October though out Q1 2022. Don't expect all the updates at once, they will start with motorized screen first.

If this is true, it would be an incredibly dumb decision by Tesla. They can barely meet basic quality standards as it is.

If this is true, it would be an incredibly dumb decision by Tesla. They can barely meet basic quality standards as it is.
That's why we will see minor updates, they planned to release it all at launch but due to issues they pulled back some options like motorized screen.. if you can recall they did mentioned it when first then deleted later.

Y'all with inside sources. Too funny. Now has anyone with a white inteior gotten a VIN recently? Cuz that's what this thread is for. Not for your lame remarks about minor improvements to an inteior. That minor improvement is manufacturing white seats. :)

My SA title says inside sales. Is that an inside source too?

lol i just saw we have the same EDD,s lmao
Yea. I'm hoping now I'm at the end of that date range. I'm supposed to be out of country at the beginning of that range. Seems that is a common placeholder though as of the last few days. We're gonna get our crappy old outdated cars that'll be 2021 right before all the awesome improvements.
All's I car is that it comes with white seats and goes fast 🤣

Y'all with inside sources. Too funny. Now has anyone with a white inteior gotten a VIN recently? Cuz that's what this thread is for. Not for your lame remarks about minor improvements to an inteior. That minor improvement is manufacturing white seats. :)

My SA title says inside sales. Is that an inside source too?
SOP of white seats pushed back to 9/8. The white interior is supply quality issue rather than shortage.
And for the purpose of the thread what did you contribute?

SOP of white seats pushed back to 9/8. The white interior is supply quality issue rather than shortage.
And for the purpose of the thread what did you contribute?
More than you did and I contributed very little.

And I'm guessing your comment about supply is again from your mysterious inside sources.

Sorry to hear about your EDD changes but I don’t follow your logic. Are you saying you only buy cars within a few months of a major redesign, otherwise it’s somehow dated? If that’s the case then you should never buy a car because 99.9% of the time cars are not brand new redesigns.

If anything buying a new car within a few months of a redesign opens you up to build quality issues that won’t exist 6 months to a year later.

I'm saying part of the thrill of having the refreshed Model S and putting in an EARLY reservation was getting the car early. There is a time value to these cars like in options trading, and that value erodes away. And for a car released June 2021, getting it in January 2022 is not "a few months", it's 6 months, and probably 15-20% of the time I would have ordinarily kept the car.

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
I'm saying part of the thrill of having the refreshed Model S and putting in an EARLY reservation was getting the car early. There is a time value to these cars like in options trading, and that value erodes away. And for a car released June 2021, getting it in January 2022 is not "a few months", it's 6 months, and probably 15-20% of the time I would have ordinarily kept the car.
You may want to go for something totally new and/or more exotic/less common - maybe the Mercedes EQS, even the Audi eTron GT, or Lucid soon.

I understand the excitement of getting it early, but you don’t buy a new car as an investment. Unless you planned to immediately flip the car after getting it then it’s absolutely nothing like options trading. New cars are one of the the worst assets you can buy since they only depreciate, sans a few super rare cars.

Also I’ve been waiting for my car since January 2021 and I’ll still be excited when I get it. I’m at 9 months and counting.

At least on the bright side a 2022 car will resell for more than a 2021 version.

I understand the excitement of getting it early, but you don’t buy a new car as an investment. Unless you planned to immediately flip the car after getting it then it’s absolutely nothing like options trading. New cars are one of the the worst assets you can buy since they only depreciate, sans a few super rare cars.

Also I’ve been waiting for my car since January 2021 and I’ll still be excited when I get it. I’m at 9 months and counting.

At least on the bright side a 2022 car will resell for more than a 2021 version.

Investment? Not at all. I'm just saying the car's "worth" to me is partly based on the novelty. It's like options trading in that there is a time value (emotional) to me that decays. I don't mean like, actual financial value, although there is that too.