Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S Refresh - white interior thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I feel like we are the next batch in line. EOQ push. I think, although many exceptions, pre 1150 batches are getting VINs. My EDD has pushed over in 2022 only once and has stabilized in December. Here's to hoping that the EDDs are getting better as the ramping up continues.

My prediction is most June orders and before are filled by year end.
You are kidding about being in the next batch right? There's still RN1144s waiting for VINs.

You are kidding about being in the next batch right? There's still RN1144s waiting for VINs.
Fair enough. I did say many exceptions.....

I just think most pre July orders will be filled by EOQ.

I would guess the spreadsheets are probably pretty out of date at this point. Would be interested to see how many pre-1150 white interior orders have been filled or have gotten a VIN?

Fair enough. I did say many exceptions.....

I just think most pre July orders will be filled by EOQ.

I would guess the spreadsheets are probably pretty out of date at this point. Would be interested to see how many pre-1150 white interior orders have been filled or have gotten a VIN?
Not enough of them. Lol

You give me hope. My order was 06/09 white/white 19 in Virginia 3hr drive north of you.. RN 115128. Current edd is dec 13 to Jan 03
Wondering if there is an (exterior) MSM run, then some other color (would need to look at dates to try and figure out), then black, then white. If we use the designer for a template, it’d be working from right to left with no other color between MSM and white then.

I imagine this theory is entirely wrong. But it gives us something to do while we wait.

I was feeling a bit snarky while watching football so I started a chat session with Tesla over my order date. I feel stupid even trying. Here is the transcript (I highlighted the two responses which were ridiculous and edited my order number):

Tesla
10:39 AM
Welcome to Tesla! How can we help you today?
Timothy
Hi Bruce!
Timothy
Welcome to Tesla chat! My name is Timothy. I hope you and your family are safe and well during these times. Thank you for chatting in.
Timothy
How may i assist you today?
Bruce
10:40 AM
Well, I am curious- I have been a loyal Tesla owner since 2017. I ordered a new S in March RN114614XXX. I visit the TMC forum and to my dismay, people with the same car build ordered months later are getting their cars. Why is that?
Timothy
10:46 AM
My apologies for the delay i delivery. Deliveries differ based on a lot of different factors. There is no excuse for the delay in delivery. We are in production on another factory to get deliveries out at a much faster rate.
Timothy
10:49 AM
I do see your order is almost ready.
Bruce
10:50 AM
What do you mean almost ready - the delivery date moved from July to September to February and now to December/January.
Timothy
10:52 AM
As far as delivery dates are moving closer. Your Tesla account will have the most to date updates.
Bruce
10:53 AM
So, is it December/January, or sooner?
Timothy
10:54 AM
I would prepare for what's on your account. If it is sooner, we will update it there.
Bruce
10:55 AM
That does not tell me anything. I guess I will wait - obviously if the EQS comes out first, we will see what happens.
Read

I was feeling a bit snarky while watching football so I started a chat session with Tesla over my order date. I feel stupid even trying. Here is the transcript (I highlighted the two responses which were ridiculous and edited my order number):

Tesla
Timothy
Hi Bruce!
Timothy
Welcome to Tesla chat! My name is Timothy. I hope you and your family are safe and well during these times. Thank you for chatting in.
Timothy
Bruce
Well, I am curious- I have been a loyal Tesla owner since 2017. I ordered a new S in March RN114614XXX. I visit the TMC forum and to my dismay, people with the same car build ordered months later are getting their cars. Why is that?
Timothy
My apologies for the delay i delivery. Deliveries differ based on a lot of different factors. There is no excuse for the delay in delivery. We are in production on another factory to get deliveries out at a much faster rate.
Timothy
Bruce
What do you mean almost ready - the delivery date moved from July to September to February and now to December/January.
Timothy
As far as delivery dates are moving closer. Your Tesla account will have the most to date updates.
Bruce
Timothy
I would prepare for what's on your account. If it is sooner, we will update it there.
Bruce
That does not tell me anything. I guess I will wait - obviously if the EQS comes out first, we will see what happens.
Read
With demand at current rate? Customer service is extremely low priority now

Tesla
Timothy
Hi Bruce!
Timothy
Timothy
Bruce
Timothy
Timothy
Bruce
Timothy
Bruce
Timothy
Bruce
Read
When you changed your wheels it must have changed your date.
when you made this change did you as the person changing the wheels if this will affect you delivery date?

Agree - definitely no rhyme or reason. This is my 3rd tesla purchase personally, but my family has bought 8 over the years. I almost purchased a Taycan last week, but the value proposition of the S is still too strong. Plus the dealer wanted 10k over MSRP. Tesla drives me nuts, but I have supported them since the beginning... and deep inside I want the company to succeed.

Really hope you get your car soon!!! If I actually get it first and you want to check it out, PM me and would be happy to meet up.
Thanks appreciate it! Spoke with neighbor rush, he has a 3 abs his wife a Taycan. His cousin's paid blew the Taycan away. He ordered a paid yesterday. May come before my LR.

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
My EDD just moved from Oct 28 - Nov 17 to Nov 11 - Dec 9 😭

However last week I was told by a reliable source within Tesla then my car has a scheduled factory gate date of Nov 4 (build completion) and I could expect delivery in mid to late November. I’ll follow up tomorrow to see if my new EDD coincides with a change to what the internal system is saying.

Also, I was told in the same convo that it’s highly likely it’ll have a 2022 model year.

My EDD just moved from Oct 28 - Nov 17 to Nov 11 - Dec 9 😭

However last week I was told by a reliable source within Tesla then my car has a scheduled factory gate date of Nov 4 (build completion) and I could expect delivery in mid to late November. I’ll follow up tomorrow to see if my new EDD coincides with a change to what the internal system is saying.

Also, I was told in the same convo that it’s highly likely it’ll have a 2022 model year.
Your reliable source taking phone calls? Just trying to find some details out now that we are within throwing distance of the beginning of my date.

Your reliable source taking phone calls? Just trying to find some details out now that we are within throwing distance of the beginning of my date.
I’ve been a Tesla customer since 2012 and known this service center employee for several years before Model 3 volume destroyed the personal nature of Tesla service. It wouldn’t be right for me to give their contact info out. Plus I don’t want to risk getting them in trouble.

EE876A82-D6EE-447D-B9F5-7F22A97E644F.jpeg
Hi all- took delivery today. The car is spectacular. Wishing you all a short remainder to your wait—I think the last two weeks were more agonizing than the 8.5 months that preceded it.

I’ve been a Tesla customer since 2012 and known this service center employee for several years before Model 3 volume destroyed the personal nature of Tesla service. It wouldn’t be right for me to give their contact info out. Plus I don’t want to risk getting them in trouble.
Totally respectful and understand.