Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021 Model S with Plaid badge

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Same thing happened to me! Easy fix:

😂
I would not want the big PLAID Badge, the small Plaid letters are nicer in my opinion.

Reactions: DaBean
I have this fantasy that when (or if) my MS LR ever comes, that someone screws up and erroneously gives me a Plaid that they forgot to add the badge to the hatch. I don't even care about the different seats if they give me the Plaid tri-motor chassis. I know I will wake up at some point but that would be a nice reward for waiting up to 11 months for a car (based upon the current estimate).
I've had the same sort of dream but the car's computer and the vin number tell me it's a LR. Arriving at the store to pick it up I could hardly believe my luck, for about 5 seconds and then reality kicked in. The "Plaid" badge is still there and I'll leave it, mostly because I'm afraid of the damage that might be done to the paint to remove it. I, in my wildest scenario, thought they might be rewarding me for the long wait but then I realized how many others would expect the same upgrade. I love my LR and, try as I might, I can't come up with a reason or a situation in which I would really miss not being able to get to 60 mph in under 2 seconds or go faster than 155 mph. Call me a "wuss" (sp?) if you must but this is one serious, enjoyable, green automobile.
Beasts

I can sort of understand putting the big colorful Spaceballs plaid emblem on the car to denote it was part of the original 25 deliveries. Personally, I'm not fond of its appearance. I wouldn't put the plaid lettering on my upcoming LR. I am considering putting a SpaceX logo on the back though. I wonder if people would think it was really a Falcon 9 or Star ship? I can get to orbit and back while going out to buy the milk and eggs and reuse the vehicle afterwards.

Reactions: Drew-MS
I can sort of understand putting the big colorful Spaceballs plaid emblem on the car to denote it was part of the original 25 deliveries. Personally, I'm not fond of its appearance. I wouldn't put the plaid lettering on my upcoming LR. I am considering putting a SpaceX logo on the back though. I wonder if people would think it was really a Falcon 9 or Star ship? I can get to orbit and back while going out to buy the milk and eggs and reuse the vehicle afterwards.
I put a SpaceX logo on the back, but not sure if anyone has mistaken it for a star ship… 🤣
926202CE-3F1C-408D-BE75-F72CDC1AD708.jpeg

As far as I can tell there is only one thing about our S that says Plaid and that is the badge on the trunk lid. So how did a Plaid badge get on what is obviously an LR trunk lid since it doesn't have the larger spoiler that comes on the Plaid? I still haven't been able to figure out how to actually see whether there are 1 or 2 motors in the rear, but I seriously doubt there are 2. Still, wouldn't that be sweet!
Dual motor LR software on tri-motor hardware?
See above.

As far as I can tell there is only one thing about our S that says Plaid and that is the badge on the trunk lid. So how did a Plaid badge get on what is obviously an LR trunk lid since it doesn't have the larger spoiler that comes on the Plaid? I still haven't been able to figure out how to actually see whether there are 1 or 2 motors in the rear, but I seriously doubt there are 2. Still, wouldn't that be sweet!

See above.
Maybe I missed something.

My point is I can’t see dual motor software working on tri-motor hardware.

There is a meaningful list of hardware differences between the dual motor and tri-motor cars that would probably be a problem for software.

Maybe I missed something.

My point is I can’t see dual motor software working on tri-motor hardware.

There is a meaningful list of hardware differences between the dual motor and tri-motor cars that would probably be a problem for software.
I don't think you missed anything but, for me, your question is a bit incomplete in that I thought you were simply asking whether we might have a car with LR software and tri-motor hardware. I didn't realize that such a mating would not be feasible, my being a computer neophyte. Love this car and actually enjoying the steep learning curve.

The simplest solution is probably the correct one. Someone at the factory/dealer mistakenly put the "PLAID" badge on the rear of a Long Range. I've seen it happen at other dealer/manufacturers. Often the badge is put on at the dealership during the pre-delivery inspection (PDI). There's an entire row of brand new cars, human error is possible.

I've had the same sort of dream but the car's computer and the vin number tell me it's a LR. Arriving at the store to pick it up I could hardly believe my luck, for about 5 seconds and then reality kicked in. The "Plaid" badge is still there and I'll leave it, mostly because I'm afraid of the damage that might be done to the paint to remove it. I, in my wildest scenario, thought they might be rewarding me for the long wait but then I realized how many others would expect the same upgrade. I love my LR and, try as I might, I can't come up with a reason or a situation in which I would really miss not being able to get to 60 mph in under 2 seconds or go faster than 155 mph. Call me a "wuss" (sp?) if you must but this is one serious, enjoyable, green automobile.
Beasts
Did it have the carbon fibre spoiler on it ?