Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021 Model S

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If you order one in Finland today, your delivery will happen in March'21 based on the info in the configurator. Which is interesting to a degree.

Tesla has just increased their pricing in Finland, which might be due to the interior refresh coming up in early '21 as deliveries are still scheduled to happen in March'21 just like in the post above.

As the price difference is greater between LR and P, I assume that Tesla in US is trying to sell off the current stocked interior of S before announcing the update as this makes production and commercial sense. This is done by offering the LR S in US at a discount compared to EU. In US the P is 25% more expensive than LR, in FIN P is 15% more expensive than LR, this means that the current LR in US, where the S is made, is disproportionately discounted and looks like a clearance sale.

I would love to buy into this story, but Tesla cars are literally sold at the rate of on demand. These new models would have to roll off the assembly line in the next few weeks.

I don't have an innate need to be right, but if you can find a better story to fit the fact "if I'd order an S today in FIN, I would not get it for the next four months" then do tell.

Whether the reason is correct or not, there is something odd about MS ordering in the UK. When I booked my car in October the configurator was giving a delivery estimate of November, at about the same time as the price drop and range increase in October the delivery estimate went out to March 2021. In addition there have been no new MS (long range, I havent checked the Performance) available in the configurator for several weeks which would indicate that there are none on their way in containers at the mo.
If they are not producing any more pre refresh I wonder why you can still configure and order a current version, albeit with a long wait for delivery?

i agree with your works.. we will find out soon.

I lived through a couple of tesla switches.. and always ended u
Whether the reason is correct or not, there is something odd about MS ordering in the UK. When I booked my car in October the configurator was giving a delivery estimate of November, at about the same time as the price drop and range increase in October the delivery estimate went out to March 2021. In addition there have been no new MS (long range, I havent checked the Performance) available in the configurator for several weeks which would indicate that there are none on their way in containers at the mo.
If they are not producing any more pre refresh I wonder why you can still configure and order a current version, albeit with a long wait for delivery?

You simply get the new one with old pricing. When I ordered my S it was pre facelift, they just delivered me the facelift one.

Further to my earlier note about the lack of new inventory cars, there are now a load showing up, however wheras before, new cars had 50 miles on the odometer, these all have between 1000 and 3500 miles, I'm not sure that I would class a car with 3000 miles on it "new" but since when did Tesla follow the norm?
I wonder if Tesla UK are getting rid of their demonstrators?

Further to my earlier note about the lack of new inventory cars, there are now a load showing up, however wheras before, new cars had 50 miles on the odometer, these all have between 1000 and 3500 miles, I'm not sure that I would class a car with 3000 miles on it "new" but since when did Tesla follow the norm?
Most car companies (and even dealers) will sell their demo cars (with even up to 5k miles) as new, because they haven't been titled to an owner yet, and of course include a juicy discount for it. Tesla is at least the same in that regard, although when I bought my last S, they found a match in a car that was destined to be an inventory car at another location, redirected it to me, and still gave me an inventory discount despite the fact the car came off the carrier and was delivered to me an hour later!

This happens end of every quarter(at least in europe). They always sell the whole inventory of new cars, then list their demo cars. Start of next quarter all cars magically disappear till end of quarter. Every car produced but not sold till end of quarter ruins statistics.
I 99% expect a bigger update in Q1 because of the price increase, but don't expect it to be worth 8700$. German VAT was reduced to 16% during covid. Will be back to 19% 2021. Including the 5000€ raise that's roughly 7200€. So I decided to get the "old" model S :)

• Informative
Reactions: Caterman
DukeofURL, in the UK a "new" car has delivery mileage only and is registered when you purchase it, dealer demonstrators are marked as such , registered with BMW/ Audi/Ford/ Tesla etc as the first owner when they first start being used as a demonstrator and not called "new"and you take your choice on whether you want that specific car or a new one in stock or wait for a factory build.
My order is through a lease co at the full list price but is an inventory car. I'll be rather miffed if the car turns up with 3,000 miles on it (and if it's a demonstrator, who knows how many full power launches, under its belt) and expected to pay the full lease cost of the 50 mile first user car that I ordered.

Most car companies (and even dealers) will sell their demo cars (with even up to 5k miles) as new, because they haven't been titled to an owner yet, and of course include a juicy discount for it.

My first P85+ bought as an inventory car was a demo/loaner car had 8,200 miles on it, along with a hefty discount. The car was link-new when I picked it up.

Except one week later two of the Michelin Pilot Super Sport tires developed sidewall bubbles and needed to be replaced.

Reactions: DukeofURL