Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021 Model X, Monroney Sticker Range Increase

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just took delivery of a 2021 Model X, vin 308XXX, and I was surprised to see that the EPA Monroney Sticker lists the range at 371 miles. EPA does not have the 2021 Model X listed on fueleconomy.gov. My car is equipped with the new version H battery. I wonder if the 371 mile rating is due to a chemistry change in the 18650's cells from Japan. I haven't charged to 100%, but when I extrapolate my current state of charge % to miles, it should give 351 miles at 100%. I'm hoping that a future software update will unlock additional range. I plan to post my thoughts on moving from a 2017 X100D to the 2021 X Long Range Plus in a week or two after I have had some more time with the car. Below is the Monroney Sticker comparing my two vehicles.
2017 MX.jpg
2021 MX.jpg

This is great to hear @ColdWeatherEV
I'm on the verge of ordering a LR+ by the end of this and your info is very helpful that the vin is 2021.
I read that panasonic update their battery with a 5% range increase so it may explain the 371 miles range. I'm sure we will hear that officially soon when tesla update its website.
Please keep us update with your experience.

• Funny
Reactions: ElectricIAC
This is probably just analogous to the 402 mle Model S EPA update. Assuming battery is the same, you get from above stickers (annual fuel cost), $750/€600=1.25 indicating just efficiency improvements and multiplying this by the original range of 295 you get approximately the new EPA 371 mi. So yeah, nothing to unlock.

I haven't charged to 100%, but when I extrapolate my current state of charge % to miles, it should give 351 miles at 100%.
I would expect it to charge to whatever the current EPA estimate published (i.e. 351).
So, we are probably waiting on a software release and an announcement from Tesla re higher efficiency Model X.

Pretty cool, congrats on your upgraded ride!

Reactions: M3BlueGeorgia
Does yours have a pedestrian warning speaker at low speeds?
I believe 100% of newly manufactured EVs must include the pedestrian warning speaker as of the end of September 2020. We heard a Model X with the pedestrian warning speaker last week at the Tesla Superior (Colorado) location. It was a 2020 vehicle, obviously as the 2021s haven't been delivered yet.