Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021 MS 19” Tempest Delivery Tracking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I ordered my Plaid with 19" and that day it said March delivery after inputting my info but now it says nothing.

OT, have you guys financed your car through Tesla? Has anyone gotten 2.49% for 72 months? My local credit union is 2.89% so I was surprised that Tesla was that low. Thanks

is there a way to find out if this is one of the stranded cars in the parking lot in Fremont?
If the last six digits of your VIN start higher than 431, you are good. Those cars have been sitting since May and the Plaid delivery event cars were 431. Plus there has been zero indications of recent cars being delivered out of the lot.

RN11506xxxx Plaid+ convert to Plaid
all black, wood, 19"
this morning's EDD Aug 15-21, San Antonio
VIN assigned late this morning

Comms with Tesla order/delivery folks started May 31, all positive, no issues whatsoever.

would still like to know reason for the delays
I suspect Tesla is reluctant to name a supplier

is there a way to find out if this is one of the stranded cars in the parking lot in Fremont?
Congrats! Can you please add your MFxxx VIN and vehicleMapId to the sheet?

Reactions: jbcarioca
RN11506xxxx Plaid+ convert to Plaid
all black, wood, 19"
this morning's EDD Aug 15-21, San Antonio
VIN assigned late this morning

Comms with Tesla order/delivery folks started May 31, all positive, no issues whatsoever.

would still like to know reason for the delays
I suspect Tesla is reluctant to name a supplier

Mine is similar RN11505xxxx Plaid+ convert to Plaid.
mine is Red, cream, 19", FSD
my EDD keeps changing every fe days adding a day or two and this morning says August 21-29
My Tesla rep called me yesterday to say I'd get a VIN within the 'next couple of days'.
You are giving me hope!!

Mine is similar RN11505xxxx Plaid+ convert to Plaid.
mine is Red, cream, 19", FSD
my EDD keeps changing every fe days adding a day or two and this morning says August 21-29
My Tesla rep called me yesterday to say I'd get a VIN within the 'next couple of days'.
You are giving me hope!!
Sweet! Excited for you. Added a row in the sheet for you, please filling missing info and your VIN's 3 digits once you have it:

Reactions: T-Racer
Sweet! Excited for you. Added a row in the sheet for you, please filling missing info and your VIN's 3 digits once you have it:

...if it happens. I happily report the positive statements but I will not 'count my chickens before they hatch' either.
They originally has EDD June 20-29, dropped any EDD off most fo July and suddenly said '16-29 August' . 16 changed to 18, then 19, then 20, now 21, always with 29 as the last date.

My SA has said 3-5 days twice. So, I'll believe it when I actually have a VIN.

...if it happens. I happily report the positive statements but I will not 'count my chickens before they hatch' either.
They originally has EDD June 20-29, dropped any EDD off most fo July and suddenly said '16-29 August' . 16 changed to 18, then 19, then 20, now 21, always with 29 as the last date.

My SA has said 3-5 days twice. So, I'll believe it when I actually have a VIN.
I'm pretty sure it takes 3-5 days to build the car, so if your SA is stating that timeframe, and given the fact that VINs are assigned to accounts upon exiting the factory, this must mean your car is entering or about to enter production.

Can you search your order page for 5yjs and see if any matches appear? If there is one, it could be your VIN!

And while you're in there, please find the vehicleMapId. Oh, and what date did you order? (just trying to keep the sheet as much up to date as possible). Thanks!

I'm pretty sure it takes 3-5 days to build the car, so if your SA is stating that timeframe, and given the fact that VINs are assigned to accounts upon exiting the factory, this must mean your car is entering or about to enter production.

Can you search your order page for 5yjs and see if any matches appear? If there is one, it could be your VIN!

And while you're in there, please find the vehicleMapId. Oh, and what date did you order? (just trying to keep the sheet as much up to date as possible). Thanks!
Sorry for my ignorance. What is 5yjs and how do I look for it? What is vehicleMapid?
I ordered January 20, changed to Plaid from Plaid+ June 12.

Sorry for my ignorance. What is 5yjs and how do I look for it? What is vehicleMapid?
I ordered January 20, changed to Plaid from Plaid+ June 12.
No worries! 5jys are the first characters of your VIN. vehicleMapId is an internal ID associated with your vehicle that we think Tesla assigns upon ordering.

You can find both using your browser's console/inspector/etc. Which computer and browser do you use?

For example, here's what it looks like for my Tesla order page in Safari on my Mac:

Screen Shot 2021-08-06 at 7.33.44 AM.png

You'd think investors would be asking for more info on "time to fulfill" for orders.
Customer satisfaction, revenue, and average time to fulfill orders, all seem tied together to me. Then again, I'm not a bigtime investor, so who knows :p
Other TMC members may want to sign the referenced letter... ;)

"Tesla advisors, who are supposed to guide buyers through the delivery process, often can’t offer any help to explain those situations as they are also kept in the dark. One of those Model S buyers in this situation is Sam Gabbay who is participating in an effort started on Tesla Motors Club to ask Tesla for better communications around Model S deliveries. They started a letter that now 15 Model S buyers have signed:" Letter of Support.pdf

First it was white paint that was the problem. Then it was 19" wheels and now it's white interior. Really exhausted with Tesla. This very well might be my last car with them. It's extremely disappointing to see a company that I held at a high standard treating its customers like trash. Feeling frustrated

Reactions: FlatSix911
I think it’s the ridiculously poopy communication and the fact they give us clueless people to deal with. Anyone buying an electric car at this point, still, deserves some form of intelligence instead of giving us drones that just say”We’ll let you know when something happens.”

Reactions: FlatSix911