Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021 MS 19” Tempest Delivery Tracking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
except for those with white interior because apparently white interior is the reason for delay and once that gets sorted out just having an actual customer will be the source of delay. This has been quite possibly the worst car buying experience ever. Frustrating!
Where are you hearing this? I’ve seen a couple of white interiors in person.

A lot of people are basing the entire process off of what happens on this forum. But there are people outside of TMC that have orders and are getting deliveries. Including white interiors, carbon fiber and 19s.
I wish even one of those 19" orders received would post on TMC tho. I haven't even heard or even an anecdotal one. One in the wild that appeared top have dealer plates and that's it.

I wish even one of those 19" orders received would post on TMC tho. I haven't even heard or even an anecdotal one. One in the wild that appeared top have dealer plates and that's it.
There has been a few others about people seeing them on lots or someone even commented that they saw a 19 going down a freeway in LA, with a family packed in, a few weeks back. I know there are a few Plaid or LR owners with mid/late August delivery dates. So it will be interesting if those hold to get the "first official" TMC owner with 19s delivered.

I just treat this the same way I treat Reddit when someone is like "they rolled out a firmware update to 99% of the fleet per TeslaFi!!". TeslaFi has like 1% or less than that of the larger Tesla "fleet".

A lot of people are basing the entire process off of what happens on this forum. But there are people outside of TMC that have orders and are getting deliveries. Including white interiors, carbon fiber and 19s.
My SA and Tesla Corporate have both told me there are delays on the 19s and that they only know of a single 19” being delivered (both said that independent of each other) nationwide. White interior on the other hand they just seem confused when I ask because they are seeing them weekly. I’ve seen two in person.

Reactions: FlatSix911
My SA and Tesla Corporate have both told me there are delays on the 19s and that they only know of a single 19” being delivered (both said that independent of each other) nationwide. White interior on the other hand they just seem confused when I ask because they are seeing them weekly. I’ve seen two in person.
Maybe everyone is talking about the one 19 that was traveling down LA freeway 🤷🏽‍♂️

My SA said that there is a backlog of white, but no real "delay". He has seen several white interiors get delivered and continues to as well. It is not in the same quantity that black and cream are (obviously), but is it not as bad as when the Model 3 was launched with white interior. Which I have zero details on, did not buy a Model 3. But I assume it was bad.

As per an email to my SA, who pretty badly misspelled my name (it was literally in my email to him lmao), who also mistakenly referred to the other wheel option being 20” rather than 21”, said (paraphrase):

The 19” wheel will not delay your order further, currently. Switching wheels to 20” [sic] could add delays and subject you to new pricing.

So, the guidance they seem to have is that the 19’s are rolling out.

As per an email to my SA, who pretty badly misspelled my name (it was literally in my email to him lmao), and said that the other wheel option is 20” rather than 21”, said (paraphrase):

The 19” wheel will not delay your order further, currently. Switching wheels to 20” [sic] could add delays.
Sounds....well informed. And knowledgable about the product. I mean, the 0 and 1 key are right next to each other. Honest mistake.

x-Posting from the other thread, but here's my update.

Well, just got off the phone with an SA at a different service center.

I have a "soft match" with an expected Factory Gate Date of "Mid-September to Mid-October" and he said it could be late October before it makes it to the service center for pickup.

There is no way they have more demand than 2k cars/wk that the line can churn out, and yet it's going to take 7 months to get it to me. This is crazy.

For what it is worth:
@Drew-MS
@Tholland
@Alexjrs

I received a call from my delivery guy this afternoon whom told me that 19" are now being delivered and that mine should have a VIN within the next three or four days. That has happened once before so I'll believe it if I actually get a VIN.

I received a call from my delivery guy this afternoon whom told me that 19" are now being delivered and that mine should have a VIN within the next three or four days. That has happened once before so I'll believe it if I actually get a VIN.
I will just repost this.
5ikqx9.jpg

VIN! It happened, it actually HAPPENED! EDD shrunk to Aug 6-10! Cannot wait to update this forum with pics of those ugly 19's!
Now that would be the cat's meow! I see you are Plaid, whereas I am non-plaid and ordered earlier than you. Perhaps we need to start a new thread for non-Plaid 19" orders since I am guessing that Tesla will ship all of the Plaid 19" backorders before stooping so low as to ship a LR with 19" wheels. Still. I am excited to be seeing some possible activity on the 19" front.

VIN! It happened, it actually HAPPENED! EDD shrunk to Aug 6-10! Cannot wait to update this forum with pics of those ugly 19's!
Excellent! Another 19er with a VIN. Could you please update your entry with the VIN's three digits after MF and your vehicleMapId in the tracker sheet? I added an entry for you at the bottom of the second sheet:

Reactions: afarkas2222
RN11506xxxx Plaid+ convert to Plaid
all black, wood, 19"
this morning's EDD Aug 15-21, San Antonio
VIN assigned late this morning

Comms with Tesla order/delivery folks started May 31, all positive, no issues whatsoever.

would still like to know reason for the delays
I suspect Tesla is reluctant to name a supplier

is there a way to find out if this is one of the stranded cars in the parking lot in Fremont?