Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021 MS 19” Tempest Delivery Tracking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Will they make it retroactive to 1/1/2021?

Any correlation between the proposed $7,500 rebate and the $10K price hike that Tesla initiated recently? If so then the price increase is only $2,500. Smart move on Tesla's part.
They’ve done the inverse when their credits were getting slashed in half. So it’s possible they are preparing for it. And if it never comes, they could lower it or keep it.

So looking at the sheet, specifically the VehicleMapID worksheet, looks like afarkas2222 is due up first, oddly with Carbon Fiber, and near LA. Seems like only one East coast delivery with a VIN ,the rest is Central US to Western US.

So, @afarkas2222 - we're all counting on you to be the first, we know of, that will get 19's. Our configs are the same except for exterior color, so I'm definitely hoping you get delivery within the 3 day window you have left.

I very much wish to oblige. Though EDD continues to shuffle. Now Aug 10-14.

I drive to Vegas on the 12th and have been calling/texting daily for updates but nobody (but my TMC support group) hears my screams. Sure would love to take this dream on a road trip first thing, as opposed to the minivan I'll be driving if she doesn't show. That might lead to a mental breakdown at this point.

Update - after blank since 3rd week in June, i see this…
Estimated Delivery: August 25 - September 08
Signature has my specs. No VIN displayed yet.
Nice! That bodes well for my order too, identical specs except for black interior. Glad to see CF trim getting some love. And, crazy that your order date is a full 8 months after mine.. and my EDD is still blank.

So long as our delivery dates slip to January 2022, apparently so. This is a long way from enactment, so the eligibility and terms will probably be altered.
The proposed EV credit change as I read it if enacted as it currently stands would apply to EVs purchased after May 24, 2021. This essentially removes the cap on number of EVs sold per manufacturer. Beginning 12/31/2021 there are additional rebates and a restriction of the MSRP being under $80K for any rebate. Please comment if anyone has a different read on this:

Reactions: Issaction
The proposed EV credit change as I read it if enacted as it currently stands would apply to EVs purchased after May 24, 2021. This essentially removes the cap on number of EVs sold per manufacturer. Beginning 12/31/2021 there are additional rebates and a restriction of the MSRP being under $80K for any rebate. Please comment if anyone has a different read on this:
I wonder if Tesla MS LR reserved before the increase in the price of $79,990 will quality?

As I understand iit the effective dates are likely to change, as with almost every other item. I was told the May 24, 2021 date came from n initial document draft and has not yet been confirmed. My opinion is that we simply do not know until a law has been enacted. Every thing is subject to change in either house and/or the reconciliation process. I very much doubt that it will end out being retroactive by even. single day.

On ten other hand GM would benefit by that, but a tiny amount compared to Tesla. Do any of us expect timing that will benefit mostly Tesla owners who've already bought their cars?

I very much wish to oblige. Though EDD continues to shuffle. Now Aug 10-14.

I drive to Vegas on the 12th and have been calling/texting daily for updates but nobody (but my TMC support group) hears my screams. Sure would love to take this dream on a road trip first thing, as opposed to the minivan I'll be driving if she doesn't show. That might lead to a mental breakdown at this point.

Gah, EDD slipped again to 8-12 to 15. I called the delivery center and they say it has not made it on to any truck.

Minivan to Vegas, here I come.

Reactions: jbcarioca