Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021 MS 19” Tempest Delivery Tracking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I ordered a plaid like a week ago in NJ. 19/carbonfiber/msm/blk/fsd. Was expecting Jan/dec but my edd the other day was sept 12 - sept 30th today it’s sept 8 - sept 30th. Should I start scrambling and getting ready or is this too soon for my situation and likely a head fake?

Reactions: T-Racer
Estimated Delivery: October 8 to October 28 (as of 8/13/31)

Was October 6 to October October 26 (as of 8/10/21)

Hard to fathom the logic behind pushing the delivery dates back. Are they giving priority to new Model S orders that are paying $10K more than us? Nah Tesla won't do that? Will they?

I ordered a plaid like a week ago in NJ. 19/carbonfiber/msm/blk/fsd. Was expecting Jan/dec but my edd the other day was sept 12 - sept 30th today it’s sept 8 - sept 30th. Should I start scrambling and getting ready or is this too soon for my situation and likely a head fake?
Seems like the white interior is the new boogeyman that's delaying orders. I'm also on the east coast and my order from last september for 19s/white/cf is February... Or they really are delaying the folks who are getting the 12k discount for ordering before the FSD/Plaid price increases, which would be pretty crummy.

Seems like the white interior is the new boogeyman that's delaying orders. I'm also on the east coast and my order from last september for 19s/white/cf is February... Or they really are delaying the folks who are getting the 12k discount for ordering before the FSD/Plaid price increases, which would be pretty crummy.
Yeah, used to be 19s. Many switched to 21s, hoping to get an earlier date. Now the 19”s are flowing out and those that hung tight are getting them earlier, it seems. Like those who switched to 21s cars are now getting assigned to newer 19s orders! Sometimes, it pays to just “hold your water”!

Unfortunately I think this is the case. Long story, but due to ordering Plaid + and backup Plaid x2 I had three orders. Just got a VIN assigned on my most recent order from April. This spec is Black/Cream/wood/Tempest/no FSD paying in Cash (just to see if that would speed things up; and it did). My original Plaid + order was financed, cream, CF, arachnids, FSD but ordered in January 2021 at the lower price. Has late Sept 2021 delivery window now. I am certain Tesla is prioritizing the most expensive specs to generate revenue. Makes sense but is a crappy way to do business from a customer service standpoint.

Reactions: Filter
Unfortunately I think this is the case. Long story, but due to ordering Plaid + and backup Plaid x2 I had three orders. Just got a VIN assigned on my most recent order from April. This spec is Black/Cream/wood/Tempest/no FSD paying in Cash (just to see if that would speed things up; and it did). My original Plaid + order was financed, cream, CF, arachnids, FSD but ordered in January 2021 at the lower price. Has late Sept 2021 delivery window now. I am certain Tesla is prioritizing the most expensive specs to generate revenue. Makes sense but is a crappy way to do business from a customer service standpoint.
That’s been obvious from the beginning of shipments when they made Plaid a priority over Long Range. It makes me shake my head when people acknowledge they are screwing long time LR reservation holders to fill recent Plaid orders, but they won’t do it for other profit making options. It’s on Tesla’s DNA to do it! Makes me wonder exactly how “delayed” the 19” wheel was. Never made sense that the standard wheel would be delayed over six months from introduction and then magically appear after most 21” orders were filled, including many orders that were upgraded at the last minute to get cars rather than be in 19” wheel purgatory. How much additional profit did that create?

Reactions: RobK
Not sure if paying cash for Model S has any impact on delivery dates. I paid cash for my first S 85 and paying cash for my MS LR and my DDE seems to be slipping. I want to believe that Tesla is a ethical company and will not prioritize customer service for small incremental profits especially for Model S which hardly moves the need on revenue or profits. But then I could be totally wrong.

• Funny
Reactions: FlatSix911
Your original order had carbon fiber trim, which we know is in short supply.

I’m not sure your most recent order would’ve received a VIN if it was also CF.

To do a true test, your two orders would need to be identical. There are 60 combinations of Plaid configs.