Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021 MYP Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tesla is not great at outside communication (dissolved it's PR department) and their internal communication is limited to need to know only. I think some SAs have better relationships with the manufacturing side than others. That being said my SA told me recently that MYP production should begin at Fremont week of Thanksgiving. Delay has been due to focus on Europe and Asia deliveries to boost sales this quarter. Likely we won't see any major shift in production until December is my guess seeing as how the MYP demand is not nearly as large as the new M3 or MY LR.

That would be crazy. That would mean that they were taking reservations since mid September, with 4-8 week window, with no intention of producing or delivering cars.

yeah sure, at some point a broken clock is right... what about the people from mid september orders with 4-8 weeks estimates, trade-in valuations... its BS that we dont have any information from Tesla or the advisors (that seem to know less than people on this forum).

Reactions: NASASpaceXlove
yeah sure, at some point a broken clock is right... what about the people from mid september orders with 4-8 weeks estimates, trade-in valuations... its BS that we dont have any information from Tesla or the advisors (that seem to know less than people on this forum).
I really don't think any of them know anything to your point we hear so much and it varies from person to person. I still to this day don't really understand the reason to keep it all secret.

Reactions: NASASpaceXlove
...talked to my SA yesterday to check on my order status, he said that my MYP build date is scheduled for 11/27 and I should see the car 2 weeks afterwards. Not sure if I believe him, but I feel somewhat relieved that I don't have to keep wondering when the hell is my car coming!

MYP MSM, White, Tow, no FSD, ordered 10/13 Chicago, IL

I really don't think any of them know anything to your point we hear so much and it varies from person to person. I still to this day don't really understand the reason to keep it all secret.
I think they know, they just can’t say anything. It seems like we’re all starting to hear the same things from our SA’s, it just seems like none of them have been down right honest and said what exactly is going to happen.

I think they know, they just can’t say anything. It seems like we’re all starting to hear the same things from our SA’s, it just seems like none of them have been down right honest and said what exactly is going to happen.

All I get from mine is "no update at this time, when we match you to a Vin your delivery team will reach out" been a month and a half like this already.

Reactions: stillbeingnick
I ordered on 9/12. Delivery is scheduled for Thanksgiving week in FL.
Make sure you report out or provide us with feedback on any changes you see or are told about, at delivery! You’ll have lots of curious MYP people waiting to hear what you have to say, so don’t forget about us, hahaha. It looks like you’re one of the few that is getting a MYP before the rest of us, which is weird none of the rest of us have gotten a VIN or delivery date if if they’re obviously starting deliveries. Either way, can’t wait to hear back from you!

Reactions: _Buddy
All I get from mine is "no update at this time, when we match you to a Vin your delivery team will reach out" been a month and a half like this already.

Got this today "Correct, there is no vehicle attached to your account...can also confirm there is nothing on the ground in your area." after asking for an update 8 weeks after I placed my order and this is all I get.

I feel like I have to poke and prod. My SA has never reached out to me unprompted, I got my intro email from their manager and had to introduce myself a week later. I am an understanding guy but this is silly.