Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021 MYP Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
VINs are non-sequential. The more important aspect is the build date. Always ask for that and it should better tell you what recent upgrades it may or may not have.
Sure I get that, however I wasn’t in a rush to take delivery of the vehicle and even if I agreed to take the inventory vehicle I was quoted about 2 weeks for it to get here. Figured just wait for mine at that point.

Reactions: daedaleck
Yep... it's annoying. I was hoping to get more concrete info before the holidays but I'm still in the '3 - 7 weeks' window with Fremont factory delivery.

I am in the same boat on the other coast in Florida, I don't think its all location related. I do think however that you guys closer to the factory have a higher chance of getting one in the last week. I ordered 9-11 and still don't have a VIN. According to Tesla they can have a car anywhere in the US in 5 days but that is "can". I am worried about slipping into Q1 and then be looking at End of February or March. When I ordered the web ETA was 2-3 weeks. I based some things on getting the car within a month after order. Not the happiest customer at this point.

I am in the same boat on the other coast in Florida, I don't think its all location related. I do think however that you guys closer to the factory have a higher chance of getting one in the last week. I ordered 9-11 and still don't have a VIN. According to Tesla they can have a car anywhere in the US in 5 days but that is "can". I am worried about slipping into Q1 and then be looking at End of February or March. When I ordered the web ETA was 2-3 weeks. I based some things on getting the car within a month after order. Not the happiest customer at this point.
Have you tried calling your local Service center to ask if they can see what's up with your order? Maybe there is something holding it up?

Picked up my car on Tuesday 12/15 and again, VIN 84XXX with a build date of 11/29/20. Panels were perfect as was the fit and finish throughout the entire car. New metal scroll wheels and USB port in the glove compartment with an inserted Tesla USB stick. Not sure of the capacity as I immediately drove the car over to my shop for PPF, window tint, paint correction, and ceramic coating. I hope to get the car back later on today or tomorrow.

IMG_0350.JPG

Damn, car looks great. Out of curiosity, you're spending some money on the exterior - is there anything you could do on that white interior to protect it? I was thinking white up until the time I ordered and ended up going black interior because I have young kids and I just wasn't confident it would stay white. And, I'm lazy, so didn't want to constantly clean it :)

Damn, car looks great. Out of curiosity, you're spending some money on the exterior - is there anything you could do on that white interior to protect it? I was thinking white up until the time I ordered and ended up going black interior because I have young kids and I just wasn't confident it would stay white. And, I'm lazy, so didn't want to constantly clean it :)

This is my 3rd Tesla with white interior and I've never had any issues with stains, marks, etc. Purchase this product in the attached image and profit! ;)

IMG_0370.JPG

Just as a point of reference, we picked up our MY on Saturday 12/12 because it was the day we were available. We could have picked it up as early as 12/7. There were no issues at pickup, but the promotion was never mentioned to us. So we did email our sales rep today and they said were getting the free supercharging (not because we emailed) and that we would be notified via email in the next 30 days.

Three days ago my estimate was at 12/16-12/31. Yesterday it moved up by one day to 12/15-12/31. Today it is back to 12/16-12/31. As if there is single-day precision in their estimates! :rolleyes:

For us the estimate was always 12/15 to 12/31. Even our sales rep kept emailing us every few days to say late December. Then on 12/4 we got an email to say to pay an that we could take delivery in the next week as early as 12/7. We're West Coast / Seattle.

Picked up my car on Tuesday 12/15 and again, VIN 84XXX with a build date of 11/29/20. Panels were perfect as was the fit and finish throughout the entire car. New metal scroll wheels and USB port in the glove compartment with an inserted Tesla USB stick. Not sure of the capacity as I immediately drove the car over to my shop for PPF, window tint, paint correction, and ceramic coating. I hope to get the car back later on today or tomorrow.

View attachment 618463
Congrats on the new ride, very jealous and feel being penalized for living in the bay area. :( I have the same configuration, ordered 10 days before you did, and get no update and possible to pick up only the last week of December in the best case.

Are you going for the stealth PPF?

Of all the cars I owned, I have never seen such a huge obsession over getting PPF for a Tesla. It seems crazy to wait for a car for months and drive it straight into another place to wait even longer. consumer cars are meant to be driven, not protected like it is some sort of collector item.

The best thing for any car owner is to get that first scratch in their car. You will cry for a week at most then realize who cares and move on.

my view at lest :p

Of all the cars I owned, I have never seen such a huge obsession over getting PPF for a Tesla. It seems crazy to wait for a car for months and drive it straight into another place to wait even longer. consumer cars are meant to be driven, not protected like it is some sort of collector item.

The best thing for any car owner is to get that first scratch in their car. You will cry for a week at most then realize who cares and move on.

my view at lest :p

I thought the same thing about ppf and wasn’t planning on getting it. I didn’t believe people when they said the paint was thin/weak and the car was a rock magnet. Then my friend showed me her and her bf’s Tesla with deep large scratches on the hood from rock/debris from driving a few months of owning the car. I decided that I’ll be getting front ppf at the minimum after seeing the damage in person.

View attachment 618463

Ohhhh my gosh. She's GORGEOUSSSSSS.:):):):):)
I actually wanted to get that exact color combination but partly because of the price and mostly because my wife wanted white, I'm getting a white with black interior. But goodness that MY looks amazing. Would love to see pics after the tinting and ceramic etc are done.
What shades are you doing on the front and rear windows? Enjoy the ride and please let us know how the 21's feel and drive. :)

Reactions: AmbienWalrus