Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I ordered a M3 LR AWD, Pearl White/White, Aero, No FSD on 7/13 with pickup scheduled in Raleigh, NC and my EDD has been blank for at least a week. Before the website EDD went blank my EDD was 10-16 weeks.
Same. I ordered white/white FSD on 7/3 but changed it to black/white on 7/14. I really hope I didnt move myself to the back for the line…

Mine moved further to the right but the window is getting slightly smaller. Aug. 14-28 as of this morning, past couple days the beginning edd shifted by a day every day to the right and now end date also pushed a bit.

I did exchange text messages with my SA yesterday to add in my referral code but funny enough I inquired about swapping it to finance now and seeing if its too early in the process to change it (want to make sure offer doesn’t expire) and just casually asked if they think they’ll deliver in the next 30 to 60 days and their response was “there is a slim possibility.” Wth. Ordered June 9th.

Mine moved further to the right but the window is getting slightly smaller. Aug. 14-28 as of this morning, past couple days the beginning edd shifted by a day every day to the right and now end date also pushed a bit.

I did exchange text messages with my SA yesterday to add in my referral code but funny enough I inquired about swapping it to finance now and seeing if its too early in the process to change it (want to make sure offer doesn’t expire) and just casually asked if they think they’ll deliver in the next 30 to 60 days and their response was “there is a slim possibility.” Wth. Ordered June 9th.
They don't know. I was one of the people who didn't have an EDD at all for the last week or so (after having one adjust slightly) and I called twice. One guy said "oh that means it'll be soon!" then two days later a different person said "Pshh you just ordered in the beginning of July, realistically you're looking at late Oct early Nov".
As of this morning, I have an EDD again with 9/3-9/22. Ordered 7/6. So yeah I don't think they have any idea, at all, until a VIN is assigned

Reactions: Ladybugn and jbomb
Our M3 ordered on 06/26/2021 after spending this last week at "EDD: September 04 - September 24" just went to "November" this morning.
I just remembered that sometimes the EDD temporarily reverts to the then current EDD for new orders. I thinks that the case today and that has happened about five times on this M3.

After a whole week of sitting at 9/09 - 9/29 I finally got a glimpse of hope.
1627655186057.png

this is the closest and most narrow date range yet. 6/29 order in PA. I neeeed this to be delivered before Sep. If it starts to shrink by 1 day, I believe VIN is imminent.

Reactions: jrmt23 and m3lad
Hey y’all! I have some “important” info I wanted to relay. I am a 6/9 order date in Utah and have also been riding the train of pushback EDD’s and glimpses of hope when it comes near. I recently went out of state on vacation with a few friends to Denver, CO and happened to land myself at a mall that had a Tesla store/dealership? but anyways I thought I’d check it out. I decided to pop the question there and ask if they knew anything about my car (remember I’m in Utah). They helped me more than any SA, or the person assigned to me for any questions that I had, could ever do. They actually looked up my phone number, found my account, and told me that my car is expected to leave Fremont factory on August 9th and be in my hands around August 20th. This means a VIN assignment will be bound to happen either by the end of this week or next week! I also asked how they happen to know this information and that SA’s don’t and they told me that they had “more administrative access”. Now take what I say with a grain of salt but I’ll keep y’all updated in regards to the process and see if it matches up with the timeline they gave me. Again, they were super helpful and very very friendly so for those who wanted somewhat of peace of mind, I would try and go to your actual Tesla center and see if they can pull up your phone number/order number and see the timeline on it!