Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ordered 7/4 it was 7-11 weeks when I ordered, the next week it jumped to 11-17 weeks, then I had the 10-16 weeks.

A week ago I got the 9/3 - 9/29 range for 1 day then it went blank for the last week.

Sounds like I have plenty of company
7/6 order and exactly same boat except EDD just came back today…
6C65A417-ABBD-4946-9E7E-CD4ABED713BE.jpeg

Hey y’all! I have some “important” info I wanted to relay. I am a 6/9 order date in Utah and have also been riding the train of pushback EDD’s and glimpses of hope when it comes near. I recently went out of state on vacation with a few friends to Denver, CO and happened to land myself at a mall that had a Tesla store/dealership? but anyways I thought I’d check it out. I decided to pop the question there and ask if they knew anything about my car (remember I’m in Utah). They helped me more than any SA, or the person assigned to me for any questions that I had, could ever do. They actually looked up my phone number, found my account, and told me that my car is expected to leave Fremont factory on August 9th and be in my hands around August 20th. This means a VIN assignment will be bound to happen either by the end of this week or next week! I also asked how they happen to know this information and that SA’s don’t and they told me that they had “more administrative access”. Now take what I say with a grain of salt but I’ll keep y’all updated in regards to the process and see if it matches up with the timeline they gave me. Again, they were super helpful and very very friendly so for those who wanted somewhat of peace of mind, I would try and go to your actual Tesla center and see if they can pull up your phone number/order number and see the timeline on it!
What was your EDD when you went into the dealership? Has it begun the shrinking process?

Hey y’all! I have some “important” info I wanted to relay. I am a 6/9 order date in Utah and have also been riding the train of pushback EDD’s and glimpses of hope when it comes near. I recently went out of state on vacation with a few friends to Denver, CO and happened to land myself at a mall that had a Tesla store/dealership? but anyways I thought I’d check it out. I decided to pop the question there and ask if they knew anything about my car (remember I’m in Utah). They helped me more than any SA, or the person assigned to me for any questions that I had, could ever do. They actually looked up my phone number, found my account, and told me that my car is expected to leave Fremont factory on August 9th and be in my hands around August 20th. This means a VIN assignment will be bound to happen either by the end of this week or next week! I also asked how they happen to know this information and that SA’s don’t and they told me that they had “more administrative access”. Now take what I say with a grain of salt but I’ll keep y’all updated in regards to the process and see if it matches up with the timeline they gave me. Again, they were super helpful and very very friendly so for those who wanted somewhat of peace of mind, I would try and go to your actual Tesla center and see if they can pull up your phone number/order number and see the timeline on it!

I am still in awe how inconsistent Tesla is with customer service experience, where you can randomly have a positive experience like this and every employee seems empowered to tell you something different than every other employee (including their CEO).

Glad you got some good news!

I am still in awe how inconsistent Tesla is with customer service experience, where you can randomly have a positive experience like this and every employee seems empowered to tell you something different than every other employee (including their CEO).

Glad you got some good news!
Yeah it sort of shocked me when they gave me news different from everyone else and that I was actually given a timeline. With that being said, I’ll continue on not being too overly hopeful and if it doesn’t come true, I won’t be struck down entirely.

Reactions: DocHolliday
I am in the exact same boat. Ordered 7/21, also Seattle and no EDD. Called the SA today and he said 4 other people called with the exact same problem and not to worry everything is confirmed, it will take a few days before this gets resolved. Made it sound like someone is manually updating stuff from time to time. Glad I'm not the only one :)
Hey - so some EDD finally showed up. Sept 13 - Sept 30. Considering this is just around 2 months (and if this holds true) I'm happy with this :)

Just snagged the blue LR in inventory listed in dedham!
Nice, I picked up a White one, but will need to pay the transfer fee. That is fine with me since I'm getting $4k more than Tesla offered for my trade. Let me know what you do with the purchase (are you going to call and have your financing transferred from your original order to the new one?).

Reactions: md81593
Nice, I picked up a White one, but will need to pay the transfer fee. That is fine with me since I'm getting $4k more than Tesla offered for my trade. Let me know what you do with the purchase (are you going to call and have your financing transferred from your original order to the new one?).
Did you get a call yet from Tesla? I emailed and sent a text asking some questions about my original order but nothing yet. I was going to finance but I was also trading in my current car to tesla. This blue one was about 2K more. I have not applied for financing yet.