Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021 Refresh Tail Lamp and Charge Port Retrofit Project

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My taillight modification has been completed, the picture is for your reference, the outer taillight and the inner taillight are plugged directly into the original plug, no need to change the line or use an adapter, the test function is normal, the turn signal, brake light, and reverse light are only on the right side On, the rear fog light is only on the left side, so that's it, and I'm quite satisfied, thanks to @Hotboy408 and other netizens for their support and suggestions!
View attachment 902325
View attachment 902326

Congratulations looks excellent. How did you do charging port?

Because my car is not a US standard, it is a Chinese standard, so the charging port is not on the taillight group, but on the left side of the rear door, similar to the fuel tank of a gasoline car, separate. So I don't have to consider the modification of the charging module in the taillight

Reactions: Freshness
Congrats .. but what year is your S ? The issue for us is the charge port door on drivers side as it’s part of the tail lamp. Your charge port door is on the rear fender.
It should not matter which year it is, because our country only modified it to a separate charging port in 2018, and it was also a US standard before, and it needs to be connected to an adapter in our country to charge.

u lucky your charge port is not connect to taillight lol

images-3.fill.size_2000x1333.v1611692337.png

My taillight modification has been completed, the picture is for your reference, the outer taillight and the inner taillight are plugged directly into the original plug, no need to change the line or use an adapter, the test function is normal, the turn signal, brake light, and reverse light are only on the right side On, the rear fog light is only on the left side, so that's it, and I'm quite satisfied, thanks to @Hotboy408 and other netizens for their support and suggestions!
View attachment 902325
View attachment 902326
Well done!

My approach was different than @Hotboy408 . I opened the old 2013 taillights and transplanted the new taillight inner LED parts into the old Taillight body. With this, there was no drilling into fender needed and the attachment points remained the same. Yet the body of old and new tailligh shapes differ, so there was some cutting and glueing necessary.

My approach was different than @Hotboy408 . I opened the old 2013 taillights and transplanted the new taillight inner LED parts into the old Taillight body. With this, there was no drilling into fender needed and the attachment points remained the same. Yet the body of old and new tailligh shapes differ, so there was some cutting and glueing necessary.
Looks great @silversurfer1! Can you share what you mean by cutting and glueing?

Reactions: Daytonaviolet