Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021 Refreshed Model S - steering wheel yolk material peeling off?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So I had the rev G yoke installed today.

1: material feels different or thicker. NOPE!! Placebo affect.
2: new car smell NOPE!! Placebo affect.
3. haptic feedback buzz compared to my OG 2021 Yoke ANNOYING!!
4: airbag cover being a horn with a future software update 95% YES. At least the mechanics appear to be there.

Last edited:
  • Funny
Reactions: Evee and Bull

4: airbag cover being a horn with a future software update 95% YES. At least the mechanics appear to be there.
Agree on all points with my rev G yoke also. Waiting to see how well this one holds up and for the airbag horn.

Reactions: boonedocks

Why do you think that the airbag cover is a horn?

Having my yoke replaced tomorrow. Same'ole story as everyone else. (Maybe if the "HOLD THE YOKE" warning didn't pop up so often it would last longer). 🤣

I am scheduled for a rev G as well. Does the center portion / air bag etc stay with the car or is part of the yoke replacement. Curious about the horn possibility as well.View attachment 860274
That material looks similar to my dads 2001 Chevy Silverado steering wheel. Cheap as heck.

• Funny
Reactions: boonedocks
Has Tesla been charging to replace these? I just had a service tech tell me that the damage is normal wear and tear not covered under warranty.
AAAFC7E8-77CA-421C-9E96-F7760C81D503.jpeg

• Disagree
Reactions: Nickos
Tesla service technician just left my house. He was here for a software issue and to replace the peeling yolk. I was told that I would only be given one free replacement due to the fact that in the next few months a new and improved yoke will be available and provided to replace the defective product.

Tesla service technician just left my house. He was here for a software issue and to replace the peeling yolk. I was told that I would only be given one free replacement due to the fact that in the next few months a new and improved yoke will be available and provided to replace the defective product.
I will also add that the yolk replacement that was done today was free of charge.

Reactions: zoomer0056
Maybe the new and improved one will be a wheel with normal horn 😀

Reactions: Solor
i was told the same thing last month and decided to wait. It seems this will take a further while.

Same issue here at 10,000 miles on my 2022 X. I too wish we just had regular leather as it’s likely a byproduct of beef production and is much more durable. The vegan leather feels cheap that they used.

Hoping for a replacement that might have airbag horn at least!