Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021 Shipping Movements

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The P will come from Shanghai too. They were/are available as inventory models in Germany. There you can see the LRW (Shanghai) VIN. And since I ordered one I received the invoice with my VIN immediately. And in the manufacturing/option codes of the inventory vehicles BT42 was listed - which indicates that these P come with the 82kWh Panasonic battery.

The downside is that I don't have any indication when this car will be delivered... ;) My hopes are high for August.
How to you fint the vin and information about battery? want to find out if my Y LR from China have the new ore old battery.

How to you fint the vin and information about battery? want to find out if my Y LR from China have the new ore old battery.
We are slightly off topic now.

You will find the battery in the CoC of the car you will receive after payment unter 0.2 Variant (eg. E3CD - where E3 most of the time hints to a Panasonic battery, E5 most of the time to an LG one, E6 most of the time to a CATL one [only SR+ for the moment]). If you are able to order a car from inventory you can find the option/manufacturing codes in the source of the HTML page (BT37 is Panasonic 79kWh, BT38 is LG 77kWh, BT42 is Panasonic 82kWh).

Also you can search the source HTML of an inventory car for LRW (then the car will be from Shanghai) or 5YJ (then the car will be from Fremont).

Greetings
Erik

Reactions: Mr H and Frank0
I've mentioned it before but I will repeat it, HOEGH TARGET is on a scheduled service and like CARMEN may have have Tesla cargo onboard that was manufactured in Q2.
Her current itinerary is Port Sudan 23 Jul, Piraeus 28 July, Livorno 01 Aug, and Zeebrugge 08 Aug. Clearly all the port visits before Zeebrugge have nothing to do with any Tesla business and the Zeebrugge call will very likely have other brands loading/unloading too.
A key point is that she is only scheduled for a brief stay in Zeebrugge, less than 24 hours and so nobody should be thinking that there are thousands of Tesla cars onboard. It will be interesting to see exactly where she (and CARMEN) docks in Zeebrugge. I'll include her in my regular summaries from now on though as there is interest in her.

A summary of shipping from Shanghai:

CARMEN She is on a scheduled service but is believed she may have Tesla cargo onboard that was manufactured in Q2. She is now in the Mediterranean heading for Piraeus (a scheduled stop) She will arrive in Zeebrugge on 2 Aug.
HOEGH TARGET also on a scheduled service ie not chartered by Tesla but may have Tesla cargo. She is about to enter the Gulf of Aden.

GLOVIS SUPERIOR I suspect that she is heading to Zeebrugge.
PAGNA which is UK bound with Tesla cargo is now about 125 NM behind GLOVIS SUPERIOR.

HOEGH OSLO Currently passing the Aceh peninsula. ETA Zeebrugge 16 Aug

HELIOS RAY is I believe a Tesla chartered ship heading for Zeebrugge. I estimate she will arrive there around 14 or 15 Aug
GLOVIS SUPREME is I believe a Tesla chartered ship heading for Southampton, ETA 15 Aug. She is a big ship too, wider and taller than a standard Panamax vessel.

TORINO is currently loading in Shanghai. She will arrive in Le Havre on 15 Aug. I suspect she may be carrying Teslas.

19 Jul.png

Weather. There are now 2 storms between Shanghai and Singapore that are of concern.
Firstly we have Tropical Storm In-Fa which continues to strengthen. She is now blowing a steady 65 kts and is likely to become a category 1 typhoon within the next 24 hrs. She is thankfully not moving very fast at the moment and remains centred in the Phillipines Sea however some forecasting models predict that she will soon start heading west on a track south of Okinawa towards Taipei, Taiwan arriving there on Friday. The hope is that, although the storm is likely to grow to become a category 2 typhoon, by the time it reaches Taiwan it will have started to decay. GLOVIS SUPREME will miss this storm.

The 2nd storm is Tropical Storm Cempaka which is brewing in the South China Sea about 100 NM south of Hong Kong. This storm is also likely to become a typhoon tomorrow and head west towards the land. The problem with this storm is that it is predicted to turn south over over Hainan and then turn east back into the South China Sea and strengthen again. This is due to happen just about when GLOVIS SUPREME arrives in the area. The good news is that GLOVIS SUPREME is keeping her speed up (17+kts) and clearly is planning to get south of this storm asap.

Otherwise ships in the Indian Ocean will experience strong SW'ly winds (Summer Monsoon) which will make the seas quite choppy. The operational affect is that the car carriers will have reduced forward speed.

PS. GLOVIS SYMPHONY is no longer a ship of interest.

I'm aware that the, normally excellent, Tesla Carriers spreadsheet is listing VOLANS LEADER as the 1st ship of the quarter however there is zero evidence to support this in my opinion. Yes she loaded/unloaded in Shanghai on 5 July but that is about it. She has since made a further stop in China and a lengthly stop in Singapore too.
If I were to list all the car carriers that have called at Shanghai and that are currently heading for Europe the list would number well in to double figures.
I see that PASSERO is also listed. My research would seem to indicate that this ship may be heading for Turkey which is one reson why I don't think she is carrying Tesla cargo.

A summary of shipping from Shanghai:

CARMEN She is on a scheduled service but is believed she may have Tesla cargo onboard that was manufactured in Q2. She is now in the Mediterranean heading for Piraeus (a scheduled stop) She will arrive in Zeebrugge on 2 Aug.
HOEGH TARGET also on a scheduled service ie not chartered by Tesla but may have Tesla cargo. She is about to enter the Gulf of Aden.

GLOVIS SUPERIOR I suspect that she is heading to Zeebrugge.
PAGNA which is UK bound with Tesla cargo is now about 125 NM behind GLOVIS SUPERIOR.
View attachment 686021
As Pagna seems to have left her anchor down, or is stuck in second, any idea what her ETA is?

I'm aware that the, normally excellent, Tesla Carriers spreadsheet is listing VOLANS LEADER
Hello,

First of all I want to thank you Mr Miserable for the excellent and steady work you are doing on this forum, it has been a great source for Tesla customers and fans all over the world. I'm also tracking Tesla ships since October 2019 when I have ordered my SR+ for France, which I received in February 2020 so I had time (more than 5 months) to spend on tracking ships and following waves of VIN allocations, from the US at that time. Since then I never really stopped as I'm seeing this is helping new customers to wait for their car.
The source for Volans Leader are Tesla Advisors in France that confirmed to at least three different customers the name of their ship through the online chat. We did not suggest this ship to them as we were not following it.
I was also very surprised to see this name but so far shipped names given by Tesla Advisor have been correct.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello,

An update from Israel - two ship deliveries are supposed to get to Ashdod during August. All vehicles (model 3 SR+, LR, P) are MiC.
According to public news this morning, the first will get to Ashdod on Aug 6 with 1700 vehicles
Rumors were that these will arrive on Neptune vessels - if that's true, Maybe they use Piraeus or Turkey to offload/upload the vehicles between ships

Reactions: Mr Miserable
Hello,

First of all I want to thank you Mr Miserable for the excellent and steady work you are doing on this forum, it has been a great source for Tesla customers and fans all over the world. I'm also tracking Tesla ships since October 2019 when I have ordered my SR+ for France, which I received in February 2020 so I had time (more than 5 months) to spend on tracking ships and following waves of VIN allocations, from the US at that time. Since then I never really stopped as I'm seeing this is helping new customers to wait for their car.
The source for Volans Leader are Tesla Advisors in France that confirmed to at least three different customers the name of their ship through the online chat. We did not suggest this ship to them as we were not following it.
I was also very surprised to see this name but so far shipped names given by Tesla Advisor have been correct.
Thank you for posting this and as you suggest VOLANS LEADER would appear to carrying some Teslas, at least for the French market, and so we might expect her to call at Le Havre at some stage. I still believe the majority of her cargo will be Japanese vehicles.
It's interesting in that it appears that Tesla have resorted to using a variety of scheduled services to ship cars to Europe from Shanghai that were manufactured in Q2. The last ship from Shanghai in Q2 was HYPERION RAY which arrived in Europe in early June and it looks like another shipment was planned but for whatever reason didn't happen. This would explain the lack of the traditional, for Tesla, end of quarter rush in Q2. The calm (but still record breaking) quarter-end was certainly noticeable in the UK.
I'm pretty sure that whatever happened in at the end of Q2 in Shanghai will not be repeated in Q3 and so we can look forward to a return of the craziness towards the end of September and the last ship from Shanghai departing as late as 23 Aug or thereabouts.
Anyway VOLANS LEADER is currently about 120 NM behind PAGNA and will probably transit the Suez Canal in company with GLOVIS SUPERIOR and PAGNA on 29 Jul.

Reactions: NJR46
As Pagna seems to have left her anchor down, or is stuck in second, any idea what her ETA is?
PAGNA (or Pagan as my spell checker keeps insisting she is called) is currently making 14.2kts. Other ships in the area have also slowed due to the large swells although the larger GLOVIS SUPERIOR is able to make 14.7 kts and so will continue to pull away.
She is scheduled to arrive in Southampton on 13 Aug after calling at Bristol on 9 Aug. As I have mentioned before this Bristol visit is still not listed on the Bristol port schedule and so may not happen.
We will find out if she is heading directly to Southampton on 29 Jul after she arrives in the Mediterranean.

Reactions: RazorCH3 and NJR46
Hello,

An update from Israel - two ship deliveries are supposed to get to Ashdod during August. All vehicles (model 3 SR+, LR, P) are MiC.
According to public news this morning, the first will get to Ashdod on Aug 6 with 1700 vehicles
Rumors were that these will arrive on Neptune vessels - if that's true, Maybe they use Piraeus or Turkey to offload/upload the vehicles between ships
Thanks for posting this interesting snippet. 1700 vehicles is a serious shipment!
I suspect PASSERO may be heading for Turkey. I shall keep an eye on her.
We shall see..

HELIOS RAY has I believe been chartered by Tesla and is probably heading for Zeebrugge. It is a big ship in that she is taller and wider than a standard Panamax vessel.

She is Israeli owned and hit the headlines in February this year after a series of explosions onboard. Initially there were reports of the ship being hit by missiles or rockets however photographs of the damage would tend to indicate that explosives, possibly limpet mines, had been placed internally probably when visiting one of the Gulf ports . It was fortunate that nobody was killed or injured and the damage was quickly repaired. Israel firmly pointed the finger at Iran.

She is not the only Israeli owned commercial vessel that has been targeted by Iran. A sister ship, HYPERION RAY, coincidentally charted by Tesla in in Q2 for a run from Shanghai to Le Havre, Southampton and Zeebrugge, was also the subject of an attack earlier this year. Again nobody was killed or injured and the damage was ‘slight’. In May whilst heading to Europe with Teslas onboard she took the precaution of switching off her AIS in the Indian Ocean and kept it off for 5 days until she was approaching Suez. It’s a questionable illegal practice and one that would not be encouraged on the grounds of safety and I noted that HELIOS RAY did not switch off her AIS when she was routing from Europe to Asia in early June.

Whilst talking about the 'Ray' fleet, tomorrow we shall take a look at what happened to GOLDEN RAY…..

Reactions: RazorCH3
The 2 named storms I mentioned yesterday evening have now become typhoons with the smaller Typhoon Cempaka being more intense.

The wind arrows give a good indication of the size of Typhoon In-Fa which is expected to start heading west towards the north of Taiwan shortly. They show the anti-clockwise wind flow and that the north side of the storm is bigger and stronger than the south side. Each large tick on a wind arrow represents 10kts, a small tick 5 kts and a solid triangle equals 50kts. Add 15% to convert to mph or 85% to convert to kph.

Screenshot 2021-07-20 at 11.22.53.png

Also worthy of note are indications that a secondary depression is forming to the southeast. These secondaries can often quickly develop into fiercer storms than its primary and so is well worth keeping an eye on.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: XHabjab
If it can help, below is the list of ships for this quarter that have been "leaked" to French customers by Tesla Advisors that I know of so far. I have communicated some already to Franco Mossotto and this is why he has moved them from the watchlist at the bottom of his spreadsheet to the top of it.
  • Volans Leader
  • Passero
  • Glovis Supreme
  • Hoegh Target
  • Hoegh Oslo
  • Helios Ray

I think some, especially the early ones, are not chartered by Tesla and they used the opportunity of a ship going to Europe to load some cars on it, even if it would take longer to arrive with all the extra calls to ports in between.

Reactions: Mr Miserable
Status
Not open for further replies.