Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021 Shipping Movements

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
OK so made some progress by calling the Tesla call centre after a disturbing online chat! But the sort of progress where the ship leaves Shanghai and turns north!

So there are "100% certain of delivery during September" and "actually should be mid September". This fills me with confidence, of course 🤔.

Was told the last ship for September delivery was due to leave today or tomorrow. I guess that makes sense given the transit times. Not sure whether that is factual information or just a guess from previous quarters shipping.

Then the bad news. I'm told that you can't trade in against business contract hire and they don't know why I was told it was possible. Although the guy then said he'd had the same conversation with someone a few minutes before. I'm guessing some SAs weren't listening during training. This now leaves me having to get rid of my car myself. Not a big deal - Motorway have offered a few pounds more than Tesla but need to accept offer by 27 August. Value is only going to drop if I wait till September with new registrations. So looks like I'll be without a car for an unspecified time.
GRAND RUBY fits the description.
You can be very confident that Tesla will deliver by the end of Sep.

I am pretty sure GRAND RUBY is a Tesla ship.

Hi Mr Miserable - similar to other posters I'm waiting on an M3LR with VIN ending 321*** due in September. On Monday my SA said it was still in Shanghai, so am hoping it is going onto GRAND RUBY as we speak.

However I spotted this schedule from NMT Shipping that suggests she was originally scheduled to go to Zeebrugge and not Southampton. But this was in a google cache from 5th August, and Grand Ruby has disappeared completely off their current schedule. Based on your experience does that mean anything? Wondering if the fact she's disappeared from their schedule means she's been reassigned as a Tesla charter and rerouted - or is it more likely that she is still headed to Zeebrugge?
nhk-sailing-schedule-20210805.png

We ordered an inventory Model 3 long range last month, have had no updates no information anything. We were told by our sale rep it was in london, and now he’s told us it’s just leaving shanghai. But then told us it arrives on the 13th of august. It all doesn’t make sense and it’s really annoying, was hoping to go on holiday with the car this summer before school starts again!

Vin ending 329***

Reactions: moodel_tree
OK so made some progress by calling the Tesla call centre after a disturbing online chat! But the sort of progress where the ship leaves Shanghai and turns north!

So there are "100% certain of delivery during September" and "actually should be mid September". This fills me with confidence, of course 🤔.

Was told the last ship for September delivery was due to leave today or tomorrow. I guess that makes sense given the transit times. Not sure whether that is factual information or just a guess from previous quarters shipping.

Then the bad news. I'm told that you can't trade in against business contract hire and they don't know why I was told it was possible. Although the guy then said he'd had the same conversation with someone a few minutes before. I'm guessing some SAs weren't listening during training. This now leaves me having to get rid of my car myself. Not a big deal - Motorway have offered a few pounds more than Tesla but need to accept offer by 27 August. Value is only going to drop if I wait till September with new registrations. So looks like I'll be without a car for an unspecified time.
Hey.

I don't want to derail the thread into P/Ex stuff, but would you mind letting me know how many days you get to keep your existing car after you've received a valuation (offer) from Motorway? I am in the same situation - need to sell whilst used car prices remain strong but concerned about price drop off after 1st September but want to push it for as long as possible as I don't have use of another car - my Tesla collection date is 11th Sept.

Reactions: mouseorgan
I am on the same boat. In the process to sell the car on Motorway as they give me 2k more than Tesla, although I am a bit nervous with the radio silence.

In terms of time it takes to sell, the Motorway chap told me once I receive an offer I have a couple of days to accept and then the dealer will come to my place and collect the car within 5-10 biz days.

Reactions: NJR46
Hi Mr Miserable - similar to other posters I'm waiting on an M3LR with VIN ending 321*** due in September. On Monday my SA said it was still in Shanghai, so am hoping it is going onto GRAND RUBY as we speak.

However I spotted this schedule from NMT Shipping that suggests she was originally scheduled to go to Zeebrugge and not Southampton. But this was in a google cache from 5th August, and Grand Ruby has disappeared completely off their current schedule. Based on your experience does that mean anything? Wondering if the fact she's disappeared from their schedule means she's been reassigned as a Tesla charter and rerouted - or is it more likely that she is still headed to Zeebrugge?
View attachment 698517
Schedules are constantly changing at the moment. They used to be pretty much set in stone but COVID, reduced factory output because of chip shortages and port delays have made them extremely volatile with major changes every week.
GRAND RUBY is coming to Europe, and certainly Southampton, but the date appears to have shifted right a bit. Currently she is due in to Bremerhaven on 20 Sep for her next voyage to the Middle East. She should make that.

We ordered an inventory Model 3 long range last month, have had no updates no information anything. We were told by our sale rep it was in london, and now he’s told us it’s just leaving shanghai. But then told us it arrives on the 13th of august. It all doesn’t make sense and it’s really annoying, was hoping to go on holiday with the car this summer before school starts again!

Vin ending 329***
I was in a similar position 2 years ago.

Quick update from me, possibly not the most informative.... Ordered SR+ late June and got a delivery date last week for the 2nd of September. Been on chat just now and finally got a VIN (ending 315***). The rep confirmed the car wasn't in the UK yet but due very soon. He wouldn't tell me the ship when pressed, but I'm thinking Glovis Summit based on Mr Miserable's last update. Dates work for that I think. Exciting to have a better idea of where the car is!

I placed my order for a LR model 3 about 4/5 weeks ago and was told by Tesla that likely delivery time is Sept. However, I know there's not much to go by on being told from Tesla and I still haven't received my VIN yet so will try chasing for that. Question is, is Sept a likely delivery for me?
Hi,

I ordered my M3 LR on the 09/08/21; I recieved my assigned text on the 12/08 but haven't been contacted since so it might seem I have no VIN; however I followed some instructions from another member on this site and found my VIN in the source data on my account page online. I then rang Tesla to ask a question about an order I have made and they asked for the VIN so I quoted the VIN I found online and turns out it was correct and they found my account instantly. SA told me my car had 56% battery, was in a container in Shanghai right next to the water waiting to be loaded and that my tyer pressure was fine, and the temperature in the car was 29 degrees. Point I'm trying to make is, going off there willingness to tell me info, I've only go a text saying I have been assigned a car on the 12th, and not know anything more. But I have been assigned a VIN on my account as will everyone who's been assigned a car, they're just delayed in providing the info.

Hi,

I ordered my M3 LR on the 09/08/21; I recieved my assigned text on the 12/08 but haven't been contacted since so it might seem I have no VIN; however I followed some instructions from another member on this site and found my VIN in the source data on my account page online. I then rang Tesla to ask a question about an order I have made and they asked for the VIN so I quoted the VIN I found online and turns out it was correct and they found my account instantly. SA told me my car had 56% battery, was in a container in Shanghai right next to the water waiting to be loaded and that my tyer pressure was fine, and the temperature in the car was 29 degrees. Point I'm trying to make is, going off there willingness to tell me info, I've only go a text saying I have been assigned a car on the 12th, and not know anything more. But I have been assigned a VIN on my account as will everyone who's been assigned a car, they're just delayed in providing the info.
Sounds great!
(Except the bit about being in a container!)

Hi,

I orderd my M3 LR on the 23/07/21. No Vin. No messages, not nothing from Tesla. I've sold my car in anticipation, and now relying on the wife's car. Wife not happy.

Hey.

I don't want to derail the thread into P/Ex stuff, but would you mind letting me know how many days you get to keep your existing car after you've received a valuation (offer) from Motorway? I am in the same situation - need to sell whilst used car prices remain strong but concerned about price drop off after 1st September but want to push it for as long as possible as I don't have use of another car - my Tesla collection date is 11th Sept.
Well they've locked in the price until 27th August. Someone is meant to call with details of when they will show up to assess/collect but not heard anything yet. Maybe taking a leaf out of Tesla's Communication for Dummies book!

Annoyingly they're offering £200 less than Tesla although I'm not going to lose much sleep. I've lost £220 in 21 months and have £7500 equity in the car!!

Well they've locked in the price until 27th August. Someone is meant to call with details of when they will show up to assess/collect but not heard anything yet. Maybe taking a leaf out of Tesla's Communication for Dummies book!

Annoyingly they're offering £200 less than Tesla although I'm not going to lose much sleep. I've lost £220 in 21 months and have £7500 equity in the car!!
Wow, that's a decent amount of time to lock in the price! I may just get mine onto Motorway early next week and see what they say. Current approximate value from them is £5k+ more than Tesla were offering me!

Ordered a M3 LR pearl white with tow hitch via a leasing company in April this year. Still no VIN nor indication when the car will be delivered. Even the Tesla Representative has no clue. I guess it is swimming from Shangai to EU :rolleyes:
I would ask the leasing company for the RN (Reservation Number). We had cases in the UK where leasing companies didn't order straight away preferring to consolidate orders. With the RN you can then quote the number to Tesla and get an idea of when to expect your car. If they can't give you the RN I suggest you change leasing company.

I would ask the leasing company for the RN (Reservation Number). We had cases in the UK where leasing companies didn't order straight away preferring to consolidate orders. With the RN you can then quote the number to Tesla and get an idea of when to expect your car. If they can't give you the RN I suggest you change leasing company.
Thanks, will try to get my hands on this RN

Status
Not open for further replies.