Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021 Shipping Movements

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ordered an Inventory car on 2/8 thinking it was in Newcastle🤦🏾; no vin on account yet but apparently I have been assigned a VIN once I used the view page source method few days now;still none appearing on account. VIN 321*** ,I am guessing still coasting in Shanghai
How do you get to the source data? I’ve been told to expect September delivery but no VIN yet that I know of

How do you get to the source data? I’ve been told to expect September delivery but no VIN yet that I know of
You basically want to login to your Tesla account and go to your car order page, then right-click and you should see an option such as "View Page Source" or similar depending on your browser. Then Ctrl + F (Cmd + F for Mac) and search for "LRW" and if you have a VIN allocated it should find it.

There are browser extensions that help find it also but I personally haven't used these, such as the "Tesla VIN Finder" for Chrome.

Reactions: NJR46
I notice a lot of VIN's being allocated today (Grand Ruby) If the VIN is allocated when the ship is loaded then it seems to me that there must be a ship in between Lake Geneva and Grand Ruby because myself and a number of others reported receiving their VIN's around 12th August.
I am new at this, but suspect that is not necessarily the case. I bought a car from “available inventory” and got my 321*** VIN within 24 hours from the SA - but he also said it was actually still in Shanghai and I suspect it is not on Grand Ruby.

So I am guessing that if you buy an inventory car (or they decide to match you to one) then you may get a VIN before the car goes on a ship. Then once the ship is loaded they allocate any unassigned cars at that point.

I am new at this, but suspect that is not necessarily the case. I bought a car from “available inventory” and got my 321*** VIN within 24 hours from the SA - but he also said it was actually still in Shanghai and I suspect it is not on Grand Ruby.
Sorry - typo. I suspect it IS on Grand Ruby, as that matches the timing the SA told me to expect.

I notice a lot of VIN's being allocated today (Grand Ruby) If the VIN is allocated when the ship is loaded then it seems to me that there must be a ship in between Lake Geneva and Grand Ruby because myself and a number of others reported receiving their VIN's around 12th August.
This sounds like the most plausible option. I was assigned a car on 11th August and saw others getting the day after. Tesla keeps saying that it will for definite be in UK second week of September. Haven't manage to pinpoint though which ship it would be to arrive somwhere around 8-12th September. My VIN is 321***

Hi,

We have delivery date confirmed for 2. september in Ringsted, Denmark. Tesla rep told me the car in arriving the night of the 1. september, so earlier collection wouldn't be an option.
The car is a Model 3 SR+ and vin ending on 313xxx, what ship might that car be on? I'm pretty sure it should be offloaded at Zeebrugge.
First assumption was GLOVIS SUMMIT but that is due for Southampton instead of Zeebrugge.

Any suggestions? Because I can't get it to match any ships.
The GLOVIS SUMMIT will call at Zeebrugge on 25 Aug, after Southampton.

Reactions: nova56
This sounds like the most plausible option. I was assigned a car on 11th August and saw others getting the day after. Tesla keeps saying that it will for definite be in UK second week of September. Haven't manage to pinpoint though which ship it would be to arrive somwhere around 8-12th September. My VIN is 321***
Same here. VIN 321*** assigned on the 11th August and Tesla says it will arrive on the UK on the 10th September. If Elektra is quick, it might just make that. I think DIONYSOS LEADER and SFL CONDUCTOR are out of the picture atm.

Two bits of news today - the first is that Zeebrugge have finally updated their port schedule, probably as a result of my pestering emails! Anyway, this shows that GLOVIS SUMMIT will call at Zeebrugge on 25 Aug ie after calling at Southampton. It confirms GLOVIS COMPANION arriving there on 31 Aug which is spot on my estimate for her. The Zeebrugge port schedule is not always right though and it has LAKE GENEVA down to arrive on 1 Sep, which I feel is a tad ambitious and it also shows GRAND RUBY arriving there on 12 Sep which is simply not feasible.
Surprisingly the schedule does not feature ELEKTRA which is enroute there.

The other news is that GLOVIS SPLENDOR did not dock in Shanghai as widely expected to load the final shipment of Q3 to Zeebrugge. Has the final ship already left? I doubt it, but it will have to depart in the next few days though if I'm correct. Could GRAND SAPPHIRE be it?

GLOVIS SUMMIT is now in the Atlantic heading up the coast of Portugal at just under 18kts. She is due into Southampton early on Monday morning and then heads to Zeebrugge arriving there on 25 Aug. She needs to keep the speed up!

Summit.png

GLOVIS COMPANION is still racing up the Red Sea towards Suez. She has 500NM to go and so should just make it for tomorrow night. I expect her to then head to Zeebrugge ETA 31 Aug.

LAKE GENEVA has gone 'dark' ie she has switched off her AIS transponder. This is not an uncommon occurrence in this part of the world and the idea is that it prevents a planned attack. It's a flawed argument in my opinion since the last ship that was recently attacked with drones with fatal consequences had also gone 'dark' when approaching this area. This says to me that a 'state intelligence organisation' was tracking the ship. I think it would be safer to keep the transponder on and have the message "Armed guards onboard" or similar to dissaude an opportunist attack but maintain the safety aspect of the AIS transponder. There are too many 'ghost ships' in this area at the moment and a significant collision is inevitable sooner or later.
Anyway she had posted an ETA for Suez of 25 Aug on her AIS but I'm not sure I believe that - I think she can easily make 24 Aug, perhaps this is part of a (not so) cunning deception plan. I think the earliest she will arrive in Zeebrugge is 2 Sep

GRAND RUBY departed Shanghai in the early hours of this morning and is I believe heading for Southampton. She updated her estimate for Suez to 7 Sep and so I estimate she will arrive in Southampton on 16 Sep. She does appear on the Zeebrugge port schedule (see above) and we'll just need to keep an eye on it to see whether it gets updated.

Aug 20.png

Weatherwise, there is nothing significant to report, which is nice.

We may find LAKE GENEVA heads to Southampton after Zeebrugge.

Reactions: Zill
Two bits of news today - the first is that Zeebrugge have finally updated their port schedule, probably as a result of my pestering emails! Anyway, this shows that GLOVIS SUMMIT will call at Zeebrugge on 25 Aug ie after calling at Southampton. It confirms GLOVIS COMPANION arriving there on 31 Aug which is spot on my estimate for her. The Zeebrugge port schedule is not always right though and it has LAKE GENEVA down to arrive on 1 Sep, which I feel is a tad ambitious and it also shows GRAND RUBY arriving there on 12 Sep which is simply not feasible.
Surprisingly the schedule does not feature ELEKTRA which is enroute there.

The other news is that GLOVIS SPLENDOR did not dock in Shanghai as widely expected to load the final shipment of Q3 to Zeebrugge. Has the final ship already left? I doubt it, but it will have to depart in the next few days though if I'm correct. Could GRAND SAPPHIRE be it?

GLOVIS SUMMIT is now in the Atlantic heading up the coast of Portugal at just under 18kts. She is due into Southampton early on Monday morning and then heads to Zeebrugge arriving there on 25 Aug. She needs to keep the speed up!

View attachment 699061

GLOVIS COMPANION is still racing up the Red Sea towards Suez. She has 500NM to go and so should just make it for tomorrow night. I expect her to then head to Zeebrugge ETA 31 Aug.

LAKE GENEVA has gone 'dark' ie she has switched off her AIS transponder. This is not an uncommon occurrence in this part of the world and the idea is that it prevents a planned attack. It's a flawed argument in my opinion since the last ship that was recently attacked with drones with fatal consequences had also gone 'dark' when approaching this area. This says to me that a 'state intelligence organisation' was tracking the ship. I think it would be safer to keep the transponder on and have the message "Armed guards onboard" or similar to dissaude an opportunist attack but maintain the safety aspect of the AIS transponder. There are too many 'ghost ships' in this area at the moment and a significant collision is inevitable sooner or later.
Anyway she had posted an ETA for Suez of 25 Aug on her AIS but I'm not sure I believe that - I think she can easily make 24 Aug, perhaps this is part of a (not so) cunning deception plan. I think the earliest she will arrive in Zeebrugge is 2 Sep

GRAND RUBY departed Shanghai in the early hours of this morning and is I believe heading for Southampton. She updated her estimate for Suez to 7 Sep and so I estimate she will arrive in Southampton on 16 Sep. She does appear on the Zeebrugge port schedule (see above) and we'll just need to keep an eye on it to see whether it gets updated.

View attachment 699062

Weatherwise, there is nothing significant to report, which is nice.
Super update, as usual.

So, being completely selfish, if my EDD is 11th September, it seems that Glovis Summit is too early for me, and reading your update, Glovis Companion isn't going to Southampton at all? Or is she heading to SOU after Zeebrugge? Grand Ruby is, of course, too late for me.

My apologies if I've missed an earlier update!

Status
Not open for further replies.