Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021 Shipping Movements

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have received a text from CS this afternoon advising that as a result of poor weather, my 9 Dec delivery has been rescheduled to 13 Dec. Given Mr M's earlier report, I'm now almost certain my car must be on HORIZON LEADER and that the heavy weather predicted does appear to be throwing a spanner into the works :-( Obviously completely out of Tesla's control but I'm gutted nonetheless.....has anyone else had experience of whether causing delays to delivery dates and/or having earlier dates reinstated if weather forecasts proved to be less problematic than anticipated?
I reckon your car is more likely on the ship that has been delayed - HYPERION RAY

The weather forecast does show some big waves forecast off the Iberian coast over the next couple of days associated with an active trough and the Bay of Biscay looks worth avoiding on Saturday.

Reactions: UKBluejayGaz
Mr.M, is this UECC carrier AutoProgress unloading Tesla at Drammen?

Think I've been on this ship several times, from memory it carries about 600 averaged sized Vauxhalls.
It is AUTOPROGRESS but I suspect the cars being unloaded are more German and Japanese flavoured from Bremerhaven.
There are still plenty of Teslas on the quayside to be moved from the last ship.

Reactions: Michael C
Well, my M3SR+ was on either Viking Ocean or Helios Ray. Who knows? Fortunately though, it was on one and I took delivery of it today.

So, a big thanks to the Miserable one (;)) for all the information that he gleams from his covert band of pilgrims (and spies) around the world and successful, timely, landings for each and every one of your awaited Tesla's folks...it's been emotional 😀

I reckon your car is more likely on the ship that has been delayed - HYPERION RAY

The weather forecast does show some big waves forecast off the Iberian coast over the next couple of days associated with an active trough and the Bay of Biscay looks worth avoiding on Saturday.

I have received a text from CS this afternoon advising that as a result of poor weather, my 9 Dec delivery has been rescheduled to 13 Dec. Given Mr M's earlier report, I'm now almost certain my car must be on HORIZON LEADER and that the heavy weather predicted does appear to be throwing a spanner into the works :-( Obviously completely out of Tesla's control but I'm gutted nonetheless.....has anyone else had experience of whether causing delays to delivery dates and/or having earlier dates reinstated if weather forecasts proved to be less problematic than anticipated?

Interestingly, I had the same text. Although when I rescheduled, I actually got the same day and earlier time. So explain that.

VIKING BRAVERY is now confirmed to be heading to Koper where she is expected to arrive on 11 Dec.

Meanwhile do we have another ship on its way to Koper?
ARABIAN SEA has just departed Shanghai enroute to Suez. I reckon she could arrive in Koper on 19 Dec. Anyway, she's on my watch list...

Last edited:
after the initial delivery of Model Ys in September, there are around hundreds of Model Ys destined for Iceland before the end of the year. Myself I ordered at the end of September with a November delivery estimate. Since then, the local sales office said end of November if lucky, otherwise early December. Do we have any idea by which route these cars will make it?

My best guess was the regular Smyril Line route from Rotterdam to Thorlakshofn.

Meanwhile do we have another ship on its way to Koper?
ARABIAN SEA has just departed Shanghai enroute to Suez. I reckon she could arrive in Koper on 19 Dec. Anyway, she's on my watch list...
I had the same thought today. ARABIAN SEA was only at the pier for 12 hours, but half a load of Tesla's should be possible.
I think we had a similar constellation at the end of Q3. A ship that previously called at South Korea brought another load of last-minute Tesla's to Europe.
2-3 days ago we had an information in the forum where an orderer allegedly saw the information on the screen directly in the ServiceCenter
that a ship is to dock in Koper on 18.12. with Tesla's on board. That's why I had another look at SHG.

Reactions: Mr Miserable
NABUCCO SOU.png

Status
Not open for further replies.