Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021 Shipping Movements

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
GLOVIS SIRIUS slowed down this afternoon to a normal 16kt cruising speed.
That will put her arrival at Balboa back on schedule to Wednesday evening.

I've just checked the GLOVIS SIRIUS competition and the number of entries at the moment are quite low. The competition will promptly close when the ship enters the Panama Canal and so my advice is to not leave it to the last moment.
All you have to do is decide which square the ship will be in at midday on the 9 Mar. Simple.

ENTER HERE

Atlantic Major Squares.png

GLOVIS SIRIUS slowed down this afternoon to a normal 16kt cruising speed.
That will put her arrival at Balboa back on schedule to Wednesday evening.

I've just checked the GLOVIS SIRIUS competition and the number of entries at the moment are quite low. The competition will promptly close when the ship enters the Panama Canal and so my advice is to not leave it to the last moment.
All you have to do is decide which square the ship will be in at midday on the 9 Mar. Simple.

ENTER HERE

View attachment 641100

Damn, I was just getting used to the high speeds by Sirius, already imagined picking up my Tesla a day before ;-)

Reactions: Mr Miserable
MORNING CAPO is now in the Bay of Biscay and making a steady 14.2 kts. There are no weather concerns. She has under 500nm to go now and so should arrive off Southampton tomorrow night in readiness to dock at 0730 on Thursday. There should be no delay since the previous occupant of Berth 105 should depart at 2300 tomorrow night.

CAPO MED Progress .png

LAKE GENEVA has accepted that she couldn’t make her original ETA and has revised it. She has also altered course slightly to the east and is now making 16.7kts. She has been pretty lucky with the weather so far and the forecast is not showing anything of concern.
Her ETA for Zeebrugge is now 1300Z on Sunday.

GENEVA Atlantic Progress.png

GLOVIS SIRIUS sadly slowed to a normal cruising speed yesterday, dashing any hopes of an earlier canal transit. She is currently off the south coast of Costa Rica doing 16kts. The weather is fine. She is scheduled to arrive off Panama on Wednesday evening and I expect her to transit the canal on Thursday. At the moment I still have pencilled her in to arrive in Zeebrugge around 15 Mar.

Enter the GLOVIS SIRIUS competition today. Click HERE to enter.

SIRIUS Pacif Prog.png

VIKING BRAVERY will depart from Newark, New Jersey next week on 9 Mar. I estimate that she will arrive in Zeebrugge around 17 Mar.

There seems to be consistent indications now that another shipment from China is on its way to the UK. I have identified a ship that I suspect has the shipment onboard however at the moment it’s not scheduled to call at Southampton. I’ll keep my powder dry for the moment but hopefully by Saturday once the ship has cleared the Suez Canal all will become clear.

Hello Mister M,

I have been following this thread for a while now and all the information you provide here is amazing - thanks a lot!

Do you have any intel about upcoming Tesla shipments to Norway? My Tesla rep informed me today that my car has arrived in Zeebrugge (on Glovis Companion I assume), but now they are estimating that it will only arrive in Norway within the last week or so of March. I had expected it to be arriving on Prometheus Leader which is scheduled to arrive in Drammen on the 10th(?), so found this a bit curious.

Hello Mister M,

I have been following this thread for a while now and all the information you provide here is amazing - thanks a lot!

Do you have any intel about upcoming Tesla shipments to Norway? My Tesla rep informed me today that my car has arrived in Zeebrugge (on Glovis Companion I assume), but now they are estimating that it will only arrive in Norway within the last week or so of March. I had expected it to be arriving on Prometheus Leader which is scheduled to arrive in Drammen on the 10th(?), so found this a bit curious.
Drammen is currently flooded with Model 3's but nevertheless I would be a little surprised if nothing arrived on PROMETHEUS LEADER on 10 Mar or SPICA LEADER on 16 Mar. Last chance would be PROMETHEUS LEADER on 24 Mar.

• Informative
Reactions: ElectricAlex
I called Tesla yesterday to confirm my address as they kept getting the postcode wrong.
I had been allocated a car and delivery was originally due on the 4th of March. For some reason that changed, Tesla blamed my lease company and I’ve now been allocated a new one for delivery on the 17th of March. As I had them on the phone I decided to ask a few questions and got the following replies:

1. Is my car coming from China (potential better build quality)? Yes, all RHD cars coming to the UK in 1Q are coming from China
  2. Is my car in the UK: No, not yet. It is on a vessel travelling to the UK.
  3. When will it arrive? It is due to arrive in Southampton on the 16th of March but that can change. It will delivered on the 17th.
  4. Can you tell me my vin? The advisor texted me the vin, licence plate and told me that my vehicle currently had 64% battery
  5. I have seen reports that new M3LR come with heated steering wheels, can you confirm? The advisor checked with a colleague and confirmed that new M3LR from China do have heated steering wheels and minor interior changes (different door panels)
I was told that things can change between now and the 17th but not likely.
I hope that this helps. I have a LRW vin, Chinese build.

• Informative
Reactions: Mr Miserable
The ship that I think has the next shipment of cars for the UK is TANNHAUSER.
She left Shanghai on 12 Feb, the same day another ship DON JUAN left for Australia and NZ with RHD Model 3s onboard.
The only problem is that at the moment she is not scheduled to call at Southampton.
Her itinerary at the moment should be Athens 8 Mar, Bristol 16 Mar, Antwerp 20 Mar.
It would fit if she called at Southampton instead of Bristol.
She is currently about to pass through the Bab al-Mandab Straits to enter the Red Sea on her way to the Suez Canal.

• Informative
Reactions: ABCTG
It would fit if she called at Southampton instead of Bristol.
I don't know anything about capacity at Bristol port but I did read that it has applied for 'Freeport' status.

Is it conceivable that Tesla could ship to Bristol then transfer part of its load to Ireland (Seatruck?), allowing Tesla to defer the payment of taxes on its Irish vehicles until they reach Ireland?

Hello.
A buddy bought a left hand drive SR+ Model 3 in mainland Europe. Delivery later this week. Fully expected it to be from China, but the VIN is 5YJ3E7EAXMF8xxxxx - the "MF" seems to suggest 2021 made in Fremont.

Are we getting SR+ from Fremont in Europe at all? I thought it was all MIC.

Status
Not open for further replies.