Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021 Shipping Movements

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Found this on another forum: link to unverified content removed

Looks like cars with VIN between 950XX and 958XXX are on Lake Fuxian and those after on Glovis Chorus. My VIN is 954XXX, fingers crossed it is on Fuxian instead of Chorus.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: G00NERJ
I note the mighty Dong is on the move. I suspect she will arrive too late to be a serious contender.
Okay, I'll play out a new theory:

The MIGHTY DONG was in a harbour for a general overhaul for 2 weeks and it took a little longer than expected.
If she is at the pier tonight for 24 hours, she could sail on Friday 21.05.
We have already had crossings of 28 or 29 days from SHG, so she'll arrive in Zeebrugge on 18./19. June.
3 days late, but still in time for Q2 delivery.

Greets and just my 2 ...

Last edited:
LAKE FUXIAN continues to make good progress across the Atlantic.
She is maintaining over 17kts as she heads towards the Brest Peninsula
She will arrive off Zeebrugge on Saturday afternoon

View attachment 663714

GLOVIS CHORUS is averaging about 16 kts on her great circle course towards the English Channel
She is still in an area that is likely to see some thunderstorms today but otherwise I have no weather concerns.
Her ETA in Zeebrugge is 27 May.

View attachment 663715

GLOVIS CENTURY is presently about 260NM NW of Acapulco making just over 15kts.
She will arrive off the Pacific entrance to the Panama Canal on Sunday night and I expect her to transit the canal early on Monday morning.
I currently estimate that her arrival in Zeebrugge will be around 5 Jun

The GLOVIS CENTURY competition is open - ENTER HERE
Only one person entered yesterday! What?? I’ve rechecked the links, they are working, in case that was the issue.
The winner will be the person who chooses the closest minor square first - so enter now if you haven’t already! It’s easy and it's free!

View attachment 663716
The next ship to arrive at Pier 80 will be GLOVIS COUNTESS.
She should arrive off San Francisco around midnight local tonight and be alongside Pier 80 a couple of hours later
I strongly suspect this will be the final ship of the quarter to leave for Europe from Pier 80.
It’s hard to give an estimate for her arrival in Zeebrugge since loading at Pier 80 is taking so much longer at present but I will take a stab at around 14 Jun.

GLOVIS SUN is currently in the Suez Canal enroute from Shanghai to Zeebrugge and probably Southampton
She has already reached the Great Bitter Lake and so now has just 50 NM or so to go, at around 8-9kts until she reaches the Mediterranean.
We should find out when she exits the canal this afternoon exactly where she is headed to and get a precise ETA.
It’s interesting to note that one of the benefits from the EVER GIVEN saga is that terrestrial AIS coverage of the canal has greatly improved!
My ETA for her in Zeebrugge is 28 May and possibly Southampton around 31 May.
The Zeebrugge Port Schedule is still showing her arriving there on 4 Jun.

LAKE GENEVA is enroute to Suez with an ETA of 27 May.
I suspect she is nursing a technical issue.
Last Friday she stopped unexpectedly for about 3 hrs and last night at 1am local time she stopped again but this time for over 9 hours.
Over the last 24 hours she has only covered 215 NM
She is currently back up to nearly 17kts and can easily make Suez on time.
When this ship departed Shanghai I commented that her ETA was very unambitious and so perhaps these stops were anticipated and allowances have been made accordingly.
I estimate that she should arrive at Zeebrugge around 6 Jun but I did not allow for any unscheduled stops in that calculation.
If she takes much longer she will risk being overtaken by HYPERION RAY!

View attachment 663717

HYPERION RAY is the ship that I believe will be coming to Southampton, and possibly Zeebrugge as well.
She has passed through the busy Singapore Straits and is now heading north through the Straits of Malacca at nearly 18kts
I expect her to arrive in Southampton around 8 Jun.

View attachment 663718

Satellite data supplied courtesy of marinetraffic
Thank Mr Miserable for your daily update, I am worried a bit when I heard about last month attack on Hyperion Ray. Do u have any details on that? I heard the owner is Israel business man and it was attacked by Iran. Given the tension in the Middle East, is there any reasons for us to worry again?

Thank Mr Miserable for your daily update, I am worried a bit when I heard about last month attack on Hyperion Ray. Do u have any details on that? I heard the owner is Israel business man and it was attacked by Iran. Given the tension in the Middle East, is there any reasons for us to worry again?
I’m sure the skipper will give the area a wide berth if there is anything to worry about 😊

I think the ship will be safe.
Attacks on both HYPERION RAY and HELIOS RAY were when the ships were at anchor and were pretty primitive quite frankly.
As long as she keeps her speed up as she transits the Red Sea she should be fine.
Additionally, forewarned is forearmed and anybody would be pretty stupid to try it again methinks.

Okay, I'll play out a new theory:

The MIGHTY DONG was in a harbour for a general overhaul for 2 weeks and it took a little longer than expected.
If she is at the pier tonight for 24 hours, she could sail on Friday 21.05.
We have already had crossings of 28 or 29 days from SHG, so she'll arrive in Zeebrugge on 18./19. June.
3 days late, but still in time for Q2 delivery.

Greets and just my 2 ...
I have found the MIGHTY DONG in Japan next week, so we can scrub her off as a possibility.

Found this on another forum: link to unverified content removed

Looks like cars with VIN between 950XX and 958XXX are on Lake Fuxian and those after on Glovis Chorus. My VIN is 954XXX, fingers crossed it is on Fuxian instead of Chorus.
Hi This could be correct. My adviser say my 953XXX VIN M3LR will be at my closest Service Center in Sweden (Norrkoping) by 3/6. Guess that is enough time for shipping from Zeebrugge to SC. The Chorus arriving 27/5 would cut that too close in time perhaps.

LAKE FUXIAN is currently about 160 NM W of Cap Finisterre.
She did very well so far to avoid the weather associated with the unusually deep depression that formed in the Atlantic but I think she has now encountered the large swell from it. Her speed has reduced to about 12 kts over the last couple of hours.
The good news is that she has avoided the worst of the weather but as she heads north through the Bay of Biscay she will still feels its effects.
There’s no avoiding the fact that it’ll be a little rough for her over the next 48 hrs.
She should arrive off Zeebrugge on Saturday afternoon

Fuxian Atlantic.png

GLOVIS CHORUS is about 580 NM east of Bermuda on her great circle course towards the English Channel
Her ETA in Zeebrugge is 27 May.
Competition results shortly after midday UTC.

Glov Chorus Atlantic.png

GLOVIS CENTURY is presently about 120NM SE of Acapulco making over 15kts.
She is heading into an area of unstable warm air that will trigger frequent thunderstorms and heavy rain. These conditions will last until Tuesday when she will be in the Caribbean.
She will arrive off the Pacific entrance to the Panama Canal on Sunday night and I expect her to transit the canal early on Monday morning.
I currently estimate that her arrival in Zeebrugge will be around 5 Jun

The GLOVIS CENTURY competition is open - ENTER HERE
The winner will be the person who chooses the closest minor square first - so enter now if you haven’t already! It’s easy.

GL CENTURY Pac.png

GLOVIS COUNTESS is now alongside Pier 80.
I strongly suspect this will be the final ship of the quarter to leave for Europe from Pier 80.
It’s hard to give an estimate for her arrival in Zeebrugge since loading at Pier 80 is taking so much longer at present but I will take a stab at around 14 Jun.

GLOVIS SUN has arrived in the Mediterranean after transiting the Suez Canal yesterday.
Her ETA in Zeebrugge is 28 May and I reckon possibly Southampton around 31 May.

SUN Med progress.png

LAKE GENEVA Some good news, she has revised her ETA for Suez and brought it forward by 2 days.
So instead of 27 May, we are now looking at a 25 May arrival at Suez.
I will therefore revise my estimate for her arrival in Zeebrugge to 4 Jun but I have not allowed for any unscheduled stops in that calculation.
Hopefully, it may mean that she is confident that the technical issues are behind her.
It also assumes she can get a canal transit on the 26 May…..

Geneva to Suez.png

HYPERION RAY is the ship that I believe will be coming to Southampton, and possibly Zeebrugge as well.
She is presently passing north of Bandah Aceh at 16kts
The weather is nothing to write home about with frequent thunderstorms and heavy rain but nothing that will slow her.
I expect her to arrive in Southampton around 8 Jun.

Hyp Ray to Suez.png

I know that HYPERION RAY will be bringing the first Shanghai-built RHD 2021 M3 Performance vehicles to GB and Ireland in June, but do we know if there are any ships supplying other Shanghai export markets (LHD or RHD) with 2021 M3P's that will arrive at their destinations before this (assuming of course none have yet!)?

I'm trying to figure out which direction we should be looking for the first Shanghai-built 2021 M3 Performance reviews!

GLOVIS CHORUS competition.

The results are in!
We didn't have a direct hit in this competition.
At 1200z today the ship was located in Grid Square F4 and within its Minor Square 17

The closest, and therefore the winning, entry was @Bantam (E4 25) who was just 142 NM off target. (Distance measured from the centre of the chosen square to the ship's position at midday)
In 2nd place was @Dunstan (F5 13) who was a mere 250 NM off target.
In 3rd place was @G00NERJ (G4 14) who was 339 NM off target.

Congratulations to all, but there isn't so much as even a cuddly toy to win!

Some trivia for you:
The most popular Major Square was D5
The most popular Minor Square overall was 8
If you had chosen that combination, which one person did, you would have ended up 525 NM off target.

Astonishingly everybody avoided square F4!
Square D5 was by far the most popular square this time with most entries being around 550 miles off. It's great to see @Bantam back on form again.
You could prevent him having a run of good fortune by entering the GLOVIS CENTURY competition now!

I know that HYPERION RAY will be bringing the first Shanghai-built RHD 2021 M3 Performance vehicles to GB and Ireland in June, but do we know if there are any ships supplying other Shanghai export markets (LHD or RHD) that will arrive at their destinations before this (assuming of course none have yet!)?

I'm trying to figure out which direction we should be looking for the first Shanghai-built 2021 M3 Performance reviews!
I suggest Australia. MORNING CLARA should be delivering to Sydney around 31 May.

Status
Not open for further replies.