Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021 Shipping Movements

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
GLOVIS SUN will arrive off Zeebrugge later today - there is no rush since according to the port schedule, she won’t be alongside until the early hours of tomorrow morning.
At the moment she is still scheduled to arrive in Southampton on Monday morning but the bad news is that I’m pretty sure that will move right shortly - I’m thinking at least 24 hours, maybe more…

LAKE GENEVA continues to maintain nearly 17 kts as she crosses the Mediterranean.
There are no weather issues.
She will arrive off Zeebrugge late on 3 Jun - next Thursday

View attachment 667173

GLOVIS CENTURY is currently about 160NM SE of Bermuda. (Standby for competition results shortly after Midday UTC!)
You will recall that I expected her to make a fast Atlantic crossing based on her future commitments but although she could make it to Zeebrugge by 4 Jun she seemed resigned to arriving on 5 Jun.
Well something has changed because she is now making well over 18kts which could see her arrive at Zeebrugge around lunchtime on 4 Jun.

Normally this would be welcome news however this could become a logistical nightmare with two ships arriving within 12 hours of each other.
ICO are very efficient but unloading 2 shiploads of Tesla’s concurrently will require an awful lot of expensive quayside real estate .
The unloading of one of these 2 ships could possibly be delayed.

View attachment 667174

HYPERION RAY is the ship that I believe will be coming to Southampton, and possibly Zeebrugge as well.
I haven’t received a position report from her since Monday morning and as discussed earlier in the week I suspect it’s a deliberate precaution.
She is due to arrive at Suez on Sunday evening and so by now she will have entered the Red Sea.
I expect her to arrive in Southampton around 8 Jun.

View attachment 667175

GLOVIS COUNTESS is the final ship of Q2 to depart Pier 80 for Europe.
She is currently about 90 NM west of Acapulco, Mexico.
She continues to keep the speed up and is currently maintaining over 17 Kts.
I estimate her arrival in Zeebrugge will be around 14 Jun.
Having said that, I still don’t know when to expect her to conduct her transit of the Panama Canal - I suspect she is aiming to transit on Tuesday.
The good news is that although the hurricane season is upon us, it remains very quiet at the moment and there is nothing brewing that should affect her in the next week at least, fingers crossed.

The final competition of Q2 is still open. ENTER HERE

View attachment 667176

Satellite data supplied courtesy of marinetraffic
Dear @Mr Miserable.
am wondering if the Hyperion Ray did not update her position for so many days, how could you be so sure if she is still ok and how did u place the star on the map. Do you have the other ways to track her? And if u can still track her, how would this procedure be considered a deliberate precaution. Sorry for knowing nothing about maritime tracking.

Dear @Mr Miserable.
am wondering if the Hyperion Ray did not update her position for so many days, how could you be so sure if she is still ok and how did u place the star on the map. Do you have the other ways to track her? And if u can still track her, how would this procedure be considered a deliberate precaution. Sorry for knowing nothing about maritime tracking.
If she'd been hit with missiles, or sunk I'm pretty sure it would have made the news. She's almost certainly still fine. The stars are educated guesses I believe.

Reactions: Mr Miserable
Dear @Mr Miserable.
I'm pretty sure we would have heard about it if anything untoward had happened to her.
I don't have any other way of tracking her and the grey stars are my estimate of her position.
We know when she should arrive at Suez and we know where she was on Monday morning and so those grey stars are my best guess at where she is. I don't think I will be far out.
Professional and government backed agencies use satellite imagery and radar traces to do it. That is how they track illicit Iranian and North Korean tankers. I'm not quite at that level, yet.

Reactions: gollygui
Saw a transporter on the M6 northbound north of birmingham loaded with M3LRs possibly heading for Manchester, so guess we must have had a vessel in Southampton
Yes there has been a steady stream of them however I am pretty sure that I have not missed a shipment - I have reviewed all the movements from Shanghai. What I concluded is that Tesla are making a push for the June registration figures and so they held back as many cars as they could from Glorious Leader. June's figures should be very impressive.

GLOVIS SUN anchored off Zeebrugge yesterday afternoon. She had to wait until after midnight to enter Zeebrugge and eventually arrived alongside in the early hours of this morning.
She is still scheduled to arrive in Southampton on Monday evening.

LAKE GENEVA continues to maintain nearly 17 kts as she crosses the Mediterranean.
She is currently off the north coast of Tunisia
She will arrive off Zeebrugge late on 3 Jun - Thursday

GENEVA MED PROGRESS.png

GLOVIS CENTURY is currently about 420NM NE of Bermuda.
She has still not updated her AIS and so we don’t know her ETA in Zeebrugge.
She continues to make over 18kts and I calculate that if she continues to maintain her current average she will arrive in Zeebrugge on the evening of Friday 4 Jun

Century Atlantic.png

HYPERION RAY is the ship that I believe will be coming to Southampton, and possibly Zeebrugge as well.
She has switched her AIS back on (hooray!) to reveal her position in the Red Sea.
Her transit of the Suez Canal now looks like it will happen on 1 Jun and so I have revised my estimate for her arrival into Southampton to
9 Jun.

Hyp Ray to Suez.png

GLOVIS COUNTESS is the final ship of Q2 to depart Pier 80 for Europe.
My report for her today is very much the same as yesterday
She continues to keep the speed up and is currently maintaining over 17 Kts.
I estimate her arrival in Zeebrugge will be around 14 Jun.
Having said that, I still don’t know when to expect her to conduct her transit of the Panama Canal - I suspect she is aiming to transit on Tuesday.
The good news is that although the hurricane season is upon us, it remains very quiet at the moment and there is nothing brewing that should affect her in the next week at least, fingers crossed.

The final competition of Q2 is still open. All you have to do is guess where in the Atlantic GLOVIS COUNTESS will be on 10 June. It's free and very easy to enter. Take a look! ENTER HERE

Countess Pacific.png

Satellite data supplied courtesy of marinetraffic

Last edited:
Maybe not in the right place to post, but got confirmation today from my Tesla rep that my car VIN968 is onboard GLOVIS CENTURY. I guess that's a high VIN from this quarter, but there is still GLOVIS COUNTESS. What would she carry?

My 242xx is being delivered on 22nd June. I am far more confident of that now the Hyperion Ray is speaking again :)
I also have been allocated 242xx VIN number and have a confirmed delivery appt. on 18-June to pick up my M3SR+. Sounds like our cars could both be on the Hyperion Ray. It's quite incredible to read the journey these cars make to get to their final destinations, thank you, everyone, for these informative updates :)

Status
Not open for further replies.