Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021 Shipping Movements

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
You will recall that yesterday I said that LAKE GENEVA would have a problem with Tropical Storm Lupit blocking the Straits of Taiwan, well there is good news and there is bad news. The good news is that the storms track has taken it over mainland China and as a result it has reduced in intensity but the bad news is that it is forecast is for it to head back out to sea and cross the Straits of Taiwan. By this time tomorrow the storm should be centred on Taipei in northern Taiwan. The decision that LAKE GENEVA has to make is to decide which side of Taiwan should she go? Down the Straits or out to sea and leave Taiwan to starboard? I suspect she is going for the Straits. The storm is unlikely to have intensified much in the short sea crossing to Taiwan and the land interaction in Taiwan should cause the storm to have reduced further in intensity. It'll be rough with poor visibility in heavy rain but she won't be battling a headwind and it's nothing the ship hasn't experienced before. Hopefully.

Meanwhile over at Pier 80 I note we have a ship inbound, SUZUKA EXPRESS.
I think I can confidently predict that this ship will not be crossing the Atlantic but will likely be heading out across the Pacific.
Interestingly, my usually reliable source in San Francisco knows nothing about this ship.
He reckons it is probably going to Benicia and not Pier 80.
We shall see....

UPDATE: My source has made some enquiries and it appears the ship will be staying for 24 hrs in Benicia. No Pier 80 visit planned.
(I wish Shanghai was this easy!)

Last edited:
Hey guys! I must say you have some very experienced SAs to have so much info.
I am in Romania, where Tesla opened its first pop-up store in May, on the 15th. The configurator for M3 LR is for 614 km range. The people that ordered at the opening were told their cars will be delivered in September, I ordered on the 4th of July and the configurator quoted me November.
From what I have found here, Shanghai is not building this range for now, should we all expect to get delayed?
Nobody in Romania has a EDD on their account, no VINs were yet atributted, we all see that we will be contacted by Tesla to schedule our deliverys… god knows when… do you think this will change and we will see EDDs?
Thank you all for being here and keeping this page up to date, it is litteraly the fresh air we all needed.

I’m
Hey guys! I must say you have some very experienced SAs to have so much info.
I am in Romania, where Tesla opened its first pop-up store in May, on the 15th. The configurator for M3 LR is for 614 km range. The people that ordered at the opening were told their cars will be delivered in September, I ordered on the 4th of July and the configurator quoted me November.
From what I have found here, Shanghai is not building this range for now, should we all expect to get delayed?
Nobody in Romania has a EDD on their account, no VINs were yet atributted, we all see that we will be contacted by Tesla to schedule our deliverys… god knows when… do you think this will change and we will see EDDs?
Thank you all for being here and keeping this page up to date, it is litteraly the fresh air we all needed.
i had to call Tesla to get my VIN. Maybe you can call your Tesla contact and ask if a VIN is known.

In Romania they only have 3 contacts for the entire country, we get assigned to one of them after ordering, they have no experience, as they just started in May, they never had a car to be delivered and they have very limited information, for example, after ordering I asked mine if the care will come from the US ore China… he said 80% US, looking at the forum I found out that 614 km are China… I get that they are exremely overwhelmed and overworked… we also have no chat option on the website…
I asked a friend in the US to go to a Tesla pop-up and ask about my order with the order number, of course they did not even want to look at it, they said just keep checking your account 🤣🤣🤣

Also just received a text to book
In Romania they only have 3 contacts for the entire country, we get assigned to one of them after ordering, they have no experience, as they just started in May, they never had a car to be delivered and they have very limited information, for example, after ordering I asked mine if the care will come from the US ore China… he said 80% US, looking at the forum I found out that 614 km are China… I get that they are exremely overwhelmed and overworked… we also have no chat option on the website…
I asked a friend in the US to go to a Tesla pop-up and ask about my order with the order number, of course they did not even want to look at it, they said just keep checking your account 🤣🤣🤣

I can only speak for how it works in the UK but for me, the order page would not update until I received a text, so I wouldn’t recommend checking your order page every few hours, especially to keep your sanity haha!

For reference, I ordered mine on the 20th of July, then on the 4th of august I got a text saying a car has now been allocated to my order (still no mention of VIN) and a day later I got another text to choose a date to pick the car up (Sep 11) and still no VIN, I did manage to get the VIN from the page source code but not from Tesla yet. Id bet that it’ll work the same way for you guys in Romania so don’t worry too much.

Reactions: NJR46
Also just received a text to book

I can only speak for how it works in the UK but for me, the order page would not update until I received a text, so I wouldn’t recommend checking your order page every few hours, especially to keep your sanity haha!

For reference, I ordered mine on the 20th of July, then on the 4th of august I got a text saying a car has now been allocated to my order (still no mention of VIN) and a day later I got another text to choose a date to pick the car up (Sep 11) and still no VIN, I did manage to get the VIN from the page source code but not from Tesla yet. Id bet that it’ll work the same way for you guys in Romania so don’t worry too much.
What time are you picking up from Bluewater? I have the 11am slot

I’m
in the source code of your order you might find your VIN number.
Most European model 3s come from China indeed. If you find a VIN in your source code (google it to know how to do it) it might be on one of the ships currently on route

Over in San Francisco the SUZUKA EXPRESS ended up in Benicia as I was told it would. My source over there says don't expect anything from Pier 80 anytime soon. He's been proved correct so far and so I don't doubt him.

Over in Shanghai HYPERION RAY is still loading and has been joined now by LYDDEN. It would be too much to hope for these two big beauties to be heading to Europe/UK, or would it? These are not confirmed Tesla ships at the moment - just on my list of potentials/hopefuls/wishful thinking.

Aug 7 Med.png

Crossing the Bay of Biscay at the moment we have HOEGH TARGET (Zeebrugge Sun night) and PAGNA (Bristol on Monday). More importantly, PAGNA is confirmed to arrive in Southampton at 0300 on Friday 13th and her dock allocation looks good for a Tesla shipment too.

VOLANS LEADER has passed through the Straits of Gibraltar and is now crossing the Gulf of Cadiz. She is due to arrive in Zeebrugge early on 11 Aug.

HOEGH OSLO is still docked in Libya but should depart to Zeebrugge (16 Aug) later today.

I'm just keeping an eye on HELIOS RAY at the moment - she's heading to Salerno and should arrive there on Monday morning.

GLOVIS SUPREME is navigating the Suez Canal in 40C heat at present. She should initially head for Southampton where she's due on 15 Aug. After that,.....? Zeebrugge? or maybe somewhere else?

Aug 7.png

GLOVIS SUMMIT remains on schedule as she crosses the Indian Ocean. We are expecting her in Zeebrugge around 23 Aug.

GLOVIS COMPANION is heading for Singapore initially and will arrive there on Tuesday. I estimate that she will pitch up in Zeebrugge around 31 Aug but she may call at Southampton beforehand.

LAKE GENEVA is just entering the Straits of Taiwan. Tropical Storm Lupit is now well clear to the NW as it heads off to Japan. Nevertheless, it will be a couple of days before she emerges into some pleasant weather. My estimate is for her to arrive in Zeebrugge around 3 Sep

Reactions: Erol and Llangwm1
Over in San Francisco the SUZUKA EXPRESS ended up in Benicia as I was told it would. My source over there says don't expect anything from Pier 80 anytime soon. He's been proved correct so far and so I don't doubt him.

Over in Shanghai HYPERION RAY is still loading and has been joined now by LYDDEN. It would be too much to hope for these two big beauties to be heading to Europe/UK, or would it? These are not confirmed Tesla ships at the moment - just on my list of potentials/hopefuls/wishful thinking.

View attachment 693382
Crossing the Bay of Biscay at the moment we have HOEGH TARGET (Zeebrugge Sun night) and PAGNA (Bristol on Monday). More importantly, PAGNA is confirmed to arrive in Southampton at 0300 on Friday 13th and her dock allocation looks good for a Tesla shipment too.

VOLANS LEADER has passed through the Straits of Gibraltar and is now crossing the Gulf of Cadiz. She is due to arrive in Zeebrugge early on 11 Aug.

HOEGH OSLO is still docked in Libya but should depart to Zeebrugge (16 Aug) later today.

I'm just keeping an eye on HELIOS RAY at the moment - she's heading to Salerno and should arrive there on Monday morning.

GLOVIS SUPREME is navigating the Suez Canal in 40C heat at present. She should initially head for Southampton where she's due on 15 Aug. After that,.....? Zeebrugge? or maybe somewhere else?

View attachment 693383

GLOVIS SUMMIT remains on schedule as she crosses the Indian Ocean. We are expecting her in Zeebrugge around 23 Aug.

GLOVIS COMPANION is heading for Singapore initially and will arrive there on Tuesday. I estimate that she will pitch up in Zeebrugge around 31 Aug but she may call at Southampton beforehand.

LAKE GENEVA is just entering the Straits of Taiwan. Tropical Storm Lupit is now well clear to the NW as it heads off to Japan. Nevertheless, it will be a couple of days before she emerges into some pleasant weather. My estimate is for her to arrive in Zeebrugge around 3 Sep
Hi Mr. Miserable. My advisor in Spain confirmed that Glovis Supreme will be Zeebrugge in 17 august 2021. My VIN (bought in Barcelona) travel in this vessel.

he said 80% US, looking at the forum I found out that 614 km are China… I get that they are exremely overwhelmed and overworked… we also have no chat option on the website…
I believe all trims will continue to come from China even in the future but for now China is manufacturing the LR 580 km version so if you want your car quickly, you will have to ask Tesla to convert your order and assign you a car from the inventory or cancel your current order (and loose your reservation fee) and take one from the inventory yourself, don't forget to use a referral link to get free supercharging. If you want 614 km WLTP you must be patient as probably your car will come in November or December.

Status
Not open for further replies.