Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021 Shipping Movements

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Meanwhile back on the shipping front, I'm disappointed to see LYDDEN departing Shanghai so early. She's heading for Singapore initially which would would normally spark my interest too but she hasn't spent enough time in port, in my opinion, to be a Tesla ship. She's off my list.:(
HYPERION RAY however, continues to load....

The other disappointment is the fact that GLOVIS SUPREME is not heading for Southampton as expected but for Zeebrugge where she is due to arrive on 15 Aug. This is a change of destination because when she left Shanghai her destination was clearly stated as being Southampton.
Hi Mr M, I have just joined this forum, having found it while trying to get info on delivery timing of my M3 LR. I have been given an RN, but no VIN yet & a provisional delivery date of 9th September. I have also been told that the ship carrying my car was in the Suez Canal on the 29th July, are you able to extrapolate on that position to tell which ship it could be?

You raise an interesting point. It isn't so much an access problem but a potential stability issue, in my opinion.
I'll try and write a post about stability and car carriers later today - it's a complicated business.

What may happen with GLOVIS SUPREME is that she is unloaded completely in Zeebrugge and another ship brings the UK bound cars. Alternatively if an earlier ship has offloaded UK bound cars in Zeebrugge she could load them and then come to Southampton. We saw this happen quite regularly in 2019.
When we loaded Nissan ex port of Tyne for Australia they always went on top deck as they would be last off but must have caused potential stability issues as we only used to part load the ship. I guess it went to Southampton to take other exports

I have also been told that the ship carrying my car was in the Suez Canal on the 29th July, are you able to extrapolate on that position to tell which ship it could be?
PAGNA was in the Suez Canal on 29 July and is carrying UK bound Teslas, due in Southampton this coming Friday. 9 Sept seems a long way out to get a delivery from that ship, vehicles from GLOVIS SUMMIT will start to be delivered before then and that ship hasn't reached Suez yet.

PAGNA was in the Suez Canal on 29 July and is carrying UK bound Teslas, due in Southampton this coming Friday. 9 Sept seems a long way out to get a delivery from that ship, vehicles from GLOVIS SUMMIT will start to be delivered before then and that ship hasn't reached Suez yet.
I thought PAGNA looked likely but couldn't track its' course far enough back to see if it was in the Suez Canal on the date I was given. Strangely, I was given a date & location of the ship but not the name...
I was originally told by the leasing company that my car was to be delivered between the 1st & 7th September, but a text message from Tesla says the 9th!
Thank you for the information, looks like even if my car is on the next ship, I still might get delivery before the 9th!

Been reading your forum in my best German :) I guess for the model Ys north Europe it’s pretty certain it’s on Glovis Supreme. I see in your forum also Hoegh Oslo being mentioned, can’t find my VIN on Hoegh so I ruled it out. But did others find it on there? Could be they’re both carrying
GLOVIS SUPREME is with the Model Ys as mine was confirmed to be on it by my Tesla rep. So you can correctly be sure of that. Should be in for the 15th of August. Not sure what’s on the other ship. My vin is ending with 056*** so if yours is close then maybe this will help…

Hoegh Target incoming
B94EDF16-8C08-4D87-B476-9E42B63DD774.png

Hi,

I am new to the forum, but have followed this thread for some weeks now. Thanks for the great info so far.
I ordered a M3 SR+ to delivery in Denmark. I got one from the stocklist on Teslas website, so i have a VIN number which ends on 313845. Am I right to assume that the car is onboard the vessel GLOVIS SUMMIT? So I can expect delivery in start of September? I haven't got any info from Tesla.
Since the car is a lease, it's not connected to my Tesla account at the moment.

Kind regards

I notice that PAGNA has made it to Bristol this morning. Looking at Google maps satellite view of where it is currently moored it looks like there are a LOT of cars there, clearly a place for loading/unloading cars - is it possible they will be unloading any Teslas at this port? Or are there other non-Teslas on board that are being unloaded?

If there are only Teslas on board it seems strange to go to Bristol for a few days if they’re not planning to unload any

Does anyone know why I can’t seem to find my car on a ship using the VIN? I’ve seen several people here using it to get that info from cargo carriers websites.

PS: VIN was found in the page source code, haven’t officially received it from Tesla yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.