Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021 Shipping Movements

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey! Just read on a post on FB that ARABIAN SEA is on its way to Europe with Teslas… could that be true?
Its on its way to Koper, Sloveniua, so it kind of fits - Mr M may have more details.
I'm also waiting on Jason Yang and WuWa's YT drone fly-overs of GF3 this weekend, which may reveal whether RHD cars are being produced (their 4K videos are very useful :) ).

Hey! Just read on a post on FB that ARABIAN SEA is on its way to Europe with Teslas… could that be true?
I have not heard that. Yes the ship is going from Shanghai and yes it's heading for Koper but whether it has Teslas onboard is another matter.
If deliveries to Southern Europe are being scheduled for later this month then I would agree she is likely to have some Teslas onboard but have you heard that?

No sheduled deliverys in Octomber, but the post said something about early deliverys… I lost it and can’t find it anymore 🤦‍♂️. One fellow here in Romania got assigned a vin last night, still, only 1 of many and we are not sure if it is a car in transit or just an undelivered car from September, we are talking about an M3SR+… I will try to find out more and keep you posted.

I remain very doubtful on ARABIAN SEA being a Tesla ship. Ships have been routing to Koper from Shanghai for several years and with the rapid expansion of Chinese car manufacturing traffic on this route has become more intense of late.
The flurry of VINs would tend to indicate a ship has departed not heading up the Red Sea. I would have put my money on THEMIS but she seems to be off to S Korea, which none of her various itineraries available online indicated.

Reactions: Washout
I chased Tesla SA again today and got the standard:

"At this moment, your estimated delivery is November / December time. We will know a more exact date when a vehicle (VIN) has been assigned to yourself. This happens whilst the car is in transit from factory and you will receive a SMS notifying you of this. Not long after that you will then receive another SMS allowing yourself to book in a collection date. Please note as this all happens whilst the cars are still in transit at sea, there is no set date when you will receive the SMS but i can assure you it is with plenty of notice."

I asked if they could confirm when the ship was set to sail........ and the answer was unfortunately no update.

I guess the wait continues and hopefully we get VIN text in the next 10 days :)

Although HELIOS RAY is still showing an ETA of 9 Oct there is little chance of her meeting this. She has about 1200NM left to run which at her present rate will take about 4 days. I think we may be looking at an arrival in Shanghai late next Tuesday or even Wednesday.
We shall see..

PS She's heading for the Tsugaru Straits which separates Japan's main island of Honshu and Hokkaido to the north.
Excellent MrM - I figured that FleetMon actually provides satellite AIS positioning for free with their Live Tracking option. I just measured that HELIOS RAY is 285 NM from the Tsugaru Strait 👍

Status
Not open for further replies.