Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021 Shipping Movements

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I had a chat to Tesla this morning and they mentioned a VIN was allocated and confirmed my vehicle is on the first ship, any ideas what ship has already left Shanghai?
Thanks for posting this. I take it you got the impression from Tesla that the ship has sailed and is on the way.
If anybody else is speaking to Tesla do please try and get the name of the ship or when it is expected to arrive in Southampton or when to expect delivery.
Then, most importantly, let me know please!:)

Reactions: tmleafs17
Thanks for posting this. I take it you got the impression from Tesla that the ship has sailed and is on the way.
If anybody else is speaking to Tesla do please try and get the name of the ship or when it is expected to arrive in Southampton or when to expect delivery.
Yeah certainly got impression it's on its way, I tried for a ship name but unwilling to give it up saying head office will have that info but not us. But did say it's on its way from Shanghai. No arrival date given I'm afraid 🤔

Reactions: Mr Miserable
I've just spoken with Tesla on the chat, They've text me the VIN and confirmed the car is on route on a ship - Wouldn't give me the ship name so I asked for an ETA for the ship to arrive in the UK and they said 'Its too early to tell which is why we haven't started scheduling deliveries yet'
When did you place your order? Just interested as I placed mine 1st October and haven’t heard anything yet
Thanks

They don't seem to give out this information anymore, mainly because they "don't know". Whether that's true or not is another story, but the person I spoke to on the phone told me they're no longer given the names of the ships. It makes sense as no one else has been told what ship either.

Either they no longer see this information, of they've changed their policy to not share it out.

I have expected delivery in december of a TM3LR. Tesla told me that it is MIUS.
In Denmark the range is 614km WLTP. In UK the range is 580km WLTP.
I guess it means that all LR to UK are MIC and all LR to rest of EU are MIUS.
So we can expect boats from SFO to Zeebrugge at the end of Q4.

I guess it means that all LR to UK are MIC and all LR to rest of EU are MIUS.
So we can expect boats from SFO to Zeebrugge at the end of Q4.
We don’t know that yet. There is a rumour there is a new battery that will give the extended range for mainland Europe vehicles but the UK will continue with the old one for a while longer (or is software locked to the lower range).

Mr Miserable is keeping an eye on the US though just in case they are going to start shipping to Europe again from there.

I note that LAKE GENEVA has joined the waiting throng off Shanghai. Since she has been chartered by Tesla on at least 3 occasions I will be very interested to learn where she is heading to.

Meanwhile, LAKE FUXIAN is on the move and heading up the Yangtze River. She also has been chartered by Tesla in the past.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.