Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021 Shipping Movements

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting in that it tracks where the ships are. However, the ETA's for both Viking Ocean and Helios Ray into Southampton are wildly inaccurate as they 'allegedly' should have arrived 10 and 9 days ago, rather than this weekend as we know they will
The map uses a single daily position from a free source to update so it's not very accurate but then it was never meant to be - it is meant to just give an idea of where the ships are and it does that quite well. I offered to provide him with regular accurate data as long as he removed his donate button but he declined.
The spreadsheet is a pretty good historical record of Tesla ships but I don't use it as a source since it tends to list some doubtful vessels until they are proved otherwise. It has also developed to become pretty much automated and so very little effort actually goes in to maintaining it or ensuring the data accuracy. It's also limited - it doesn't record ships to Australia or UAE for example.
Having said that, it has its uses and I think its an excellent record of Tesla shipping.

ALTAIR LEADER is currently docked in Vigo. We shall have to see where she heads to next. She was originally due to arrive in Zeebrugge on 18 Nov.

HELIOS RAY is currently in the English Channel making 13 kts. She is not due to dock in Southampton until 19:45 tomorrow night. She will have to wait until the cruise ship SPIRIT OF DISCOVERY departs. She should be completely unloaded here, including the vehicles rejected by the Israeli authorities - Tesla charter complete.

VIKING OCEAN is south of the isle of Wight and slowly making her way to Southampton. She is scheduled to dock at 1800, although her berth is actually free now. She is now due to depart to Zeebrugge at 17:00 on Sunday which will mean an arrival on Monday there.

HOEGH KOBE is just entering the English Channel north of Brest. She is going to arrive in Zeebrugge tomorrow morning, a day earlier than planned.

NABUCCO is currently passing north of Tunis and is on course to arrive in Southampton next Friday. Her timings have been brought forward from an evening arrival to an early morning arrival. Zeebrugge on 28th.

HYPERION RAY She's making just 12 kts on her way to Southampton where she is due to arrive next Saturday morning. She's currently SE of Crete in some very choppy seas. Conditions will ease tomorrow.

HOEGH TRACER is currently making her way slowly up the Gulf of Suez to the canal entrance where she will arrive this evening. She should transit the canal tomorrow morning and then head to Piraeus where she is scheduled to arrive on Tuesday. The good news is that her scheduled arrival in Zeebrugge has been brought forward to 03 Dec.

HORIZON LEADER has gone dark again. She will still be in the Gulf of Aden but should pass into the Red Sea later today. I estimate she will arrive in Southampton on 01 Dec.

GRAND DAHLIA has departed Singapore and is now in the Straits of Malacca heading for Suez. My concern is that her estimate for Suez of 02 Dec would indicate a canal transit booked for 03 Dec which means she will be running 24hrs late. She was due to arrive in Southampton on 11 Dec and Zeebrugge on 12 Dec however I think it inevitable that these dates will move right by at least 1 day. I think this will be the last ship of 2021 destined for the UK

VIKING BRAVERY departed Shanghai direct to Suez (7 Dec) and I estimate she could arrive in Koper on the evening of 10 Dec. I believe she was originally scheduled to arrive there on 9 Dec. She is currently in the East China Sea making 16 kts heading for the Straits of Taiwan.

webcam from Vigo Spain where Altair leader is docked just left of this cam Vigo (móbil) | CRTVG
I took this picture in Vigo a few years ago. That's my kind of police station!
Easter110926.jpeg

Hi all,
Today I went to the Tesla dealer after frustrating chats with them.
The CS chap told me that I already have a VIN allocated since 3 days ago!! Super happy about it. Of course he couldn’t give me any details on the delivery, but sent me the VIN by email.
Strangely enough, my VIN does not start with the common 5YJ numbering. 🤔
My VIN is LRWYGCEKXMC145XXX
I told him how come is missing the 5YJ, but he affirmed it doesn’t have it and I checked a MY parked there and effectively the VIN number displayed in the windshield was also LRWY…
Any explanation to this??

Hi all,
The CS chap told me that I already have a VIN allocated since 3 days ago!! Super happy about it. Of course he couldn’t give me any details on the delivery, but sent me the VIN by email.
I told him how come is missing the 5YJ, but he affirmed it doesn’t have it and I checked a MY parked there and effectively the VIN number displayed in the windshield was also LRWY…
Made in China, as opposed to Made in Fremont.

Reactions: TMYDK
Hi all,
LRW is the code for Tesla's Shanghai Gigafactory. 5YJ is the code for Tesla's US Gigafactories. See: Vehicle identification number - Wikipedia

Status
Not open for further replies.