Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021 Shipping Movements

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It took a team of 20 drivers about 6 hours to unload Autosun which had a capacity of 6423 DWT to parking a quarter of a mile away when I worked on Vauxhalls. Helios Ray has a capacity of 20000 DWT, it depends how many drivers and how far the parking is away, but the bottleneck is the entrance ramps to the ship, drivers coming off block drivers being bussed back on.

I think this is why in China on WuWa's video they had a team of drivers dropping the cars right outside the ship, and another team taking them onboard.

Another bottleneck is the way the cars park so tight on board, so one/two of the drivers stayed on the ship, found the keys which were often thrown around the vehicle somewhere and spread the cars out like bowling pins so the drivers weren't waiting around for each other each time the buses came on board. The final bottle neck was you can't unload the 2 or more lower decks until the upper decks are all clear, so one deck at a time, I guess this is for ship stability.
Helios Ray departed @ 00:49 this morning, so yet another small delay.

Reactions: carys86
Just a note of thanks to @Mr Miserable and this groups readers for making the last couple of months bearable whilst waiting for my M3P. My car is due for delivery to me on Saturday following its journey on VO or HR. It's been a long road and an impatient wait but have faith and follow the process!! I used this forum and vessel finder for my daily fix and update once i had worked out a possible ship. Good luck everyone and thanks again for the shared sanity :)

Just a note of thanks to @Mr Miserable and this groups readers for making the last couple of months bearable whilst waiting for my M3P. My car is due for delivery to me on Saturday following its journey on VO or HR. It's been a long road and an impatient wait but have faith and follow the process!! I used this forum and vessel finder for my daily fix and update once i had worked out a possible ship. Good luck everyone and thanks again for the shared sanity :)
Woah! Vessel finder is awesome - I can see me losing lots of time to it lol.

Reactions: DeanJohno
2020! A showroom car perhaps?
So I've spoken to Tesla this morning. This is a US built car from late last year. As far as the rep can see it sat in storage in the US as a RHD car since being built and is now on its way to Europe. I asked on what ship or how, and his reply was just that it would likely land in mainland Europe before being brought over to Ireland. Delivery date of December 20th still stands.

NABUCCO is entering the English Channel. Her arrival in Southampton early tomorrow morning looks assured.
Her arrival in Zeebrugge is now scheduled for 29th.

HYPERION RAY The rejected Israeli cars left by HELIOS RAY in Southampton has caused HYPERION RAY to revise her itinerary. She is now going to Zeebrugge before Southampton so that she will be completely empty when she loads the Israeli cars and departs to Ashdod. The timings for this to happen still don't appear to have firmed up, but a delay seems inevitable.

In the meantime. it looks like HYPERION RAY is conducting some crew training in the Gulf of Cadiz. Her course took her clear of the shipping lanes before she completely stopped. She is presently drifting in clear water. This won't cause a delay since it's probably because of a notified delay that the ship has taken the opportunity to perform some drills.

HOEGH TRACER departed Piraeus late yesterday enroute to Livorno Italy where she will arrive on Saturday. Her arrival in Zeebrugge has been rescheduled back to 04 Dec.
If you have a VIN you can check to see if your car is aboard this ship - My cargo

HORIZON LEADER Is belting along at 19.4 kts going all out to reach Southampton on 01 Dec. She presently south of Crete and can still make it on time but there must be no delays enroute. The weather might put a spanner in the works - the route has some heavy weather ahead but timing is everything and for the next 24 hours at least she should be OK.

GRAND DAHLIA is maintaining 16.5 kts as she crosses the Arabian Sea. My concern is that her estimate for Suez of 02 Dec would indicate a canal transit booked for 03 Dec which means she will be running 24hrs late. She was due to arrive in Southampton on 11 Dec and Zeebrugge on 12 Dec however I think it inevitable that these dates will move right by at least 1 day unless she does a 'HORIZON LEADER' and engages ludicrous mode for the final leg.

Dont forget to enter the GRAND DAHLIA competition! Click HERE to enter.

PARADISE ACE She is currently about 200NM east of the southern tip of Sri Lanka making 17kts. I estimate she will arrive in Southampton around 12/13 Dec and Zeebrugge around 14 Dec.

VIKING BRAVERY has passed Singapore and is now in the Straits of Malacca heading for Suez (7 Dec). I estimate she could arrive in Koper on the evening of 10 Dec. I believe she was originally scheduled to arrive there on 9 Dec.

We may have another ship heading for Zeebrugge arriving around 21 Dec. It's just a possibility at the moment but GRAND PEARL is on my watch list. She's currently racing towards Singapore at 19.4kts.

I have received confirmation of my registration number today and have been advised that the turnaround time from landing at Southampton and delivery to the SC in Glasgow will only be a few days so taking into account the delay with HYPERION RAY and a delivery date to Glasgow SC of 6 December (I collect on 9 Dec), I'm guessing my car is probably on HORIZON LEADER after all.....is this likely a safe bet?

Yep, here's a copy of the inventory page that appears to have cached on my phone. Certainly older model specs anyway. I suppose I should try confirm with them what is going on tomorrow. The only interesting spec on the car was that it includes a tow hitch. Standard Model 3 SR+, white with black interior other than that.
That is definitely weird specs, I don't recall seeing Model 3 with 430km WLTP. Early 2020 were 409 and then LFP were 448 as far as I recall. Current ones with 60 kWh battery are 491km.

Selling a 2020 car as new would be ok for me but with a fat discount, otherwise wait for a new one (but low chance of getting a tow hitch nowadays). Considering the range, it might not even have the heat pump, it's probably a 409 km WLTP with new range due to software improvements.

Last edited:
Thanks Mr M, this has been a compelling experience to follow the progress, and delays, of the potential vessels bringing my new car from China. I am collecting from Southampton tomorrow and it seems as though, at the same time, NABUCCO will be offloading the next batch of Teslas for their eager new owners.

Mr.M, is this UECC carrier AutoProgress unloading Tesla at Drammen?

Think I've been on this ship several times, from memory it carries about 600 averaged sized Vauxhalls.
Screenshot_20211125-151401.jpg

NABUCCO is entering the English Channel. Her arrival in Southampton early tomorrow morning looks assured.
Her arrival in Zeebrugge is now scheduled for 29th.

HYPERION RAY The rejected Israeli cars left by HELIOS RAY in Southampton has caused HYPERION RAY to revise her itinerary. She is now going to Zeebrugge before Southampton so that she will be completely empty when she loads the Israeli cars and departs to Ashdod. The timings for this to happen still don't appear to have firmed up, but a delay seems inevitable.

In the meantime. it looks like HYPERION RAY is conducting some crew training in the Gulf of Cadiz. Her course took her clear of the shipping lanes before she completely stopped. She is presently drifting in clear water. This won't cause a delay since it's probably because of a notified delay that the ship has taken the opportunity to perform some drills.

HOEGH TRACER departed Piraeus late yesterday enroute to Livorno Italy where she will arrive on Saturday. Her arrival in Zeebrugge has been rescheduled back to 04 Dec.
If you have a VIN you can check to see if your car is aboard this ship - My cargo

HORIZON LEADER Is belting along at 19.4 kts going all out to reach Southampton on 01 Dec. She presently south of Crete and can still make it on time but there must be no delays enroute. The weather might put a spanner in the works - the route has some heavy weather ahead but timing is everything and for the next 24 hours at least she should be OK.

GRAND DAHLIA is maintaining 16.5 kts as she crosses the Arabian Sea. My concern is that her estimate for Suez of 02 Dec would indicate a canal transit booked for 03 Dec which means she will be running 24hrs late. She was due to arrive in Southampton on 11 Dec and Zeebrugge on 12 Dec however I think it inevitable that these dates will move right by at least 1 day unless she does a 'HORIZON LEADER' and engages ludicrous mode for the final leg.

Dont forget to enter the GRAND DAHLIA competition! Click HERE to enter.

PARADISE ACE She is currently about 200NM east of the southern tip of Sri Lanka making 17kts. I estimate she will arrive in Southampton around 12/13 Dec and Zeebrugge around 14 Dec.

VIKING BRAVERY has passed Singapore and is now in the Straits of Malacca heading for Suez (7 Dec). I estimate she could arrive in Koper on the evening of 10 Dec. I believe she was originally scheduled to arrive there on 9 Dec.

We may have another ship heading for Zeebrugge arriving around 21 Dec. It's just a possibility at the moment but GRAND PEARL is on my watch list. She's currently racing towards Singapore at 19.4kts.
I have received a text from CS this afternoon advising that as a result of poor weather, my 9 Dec delivery has been rescheduled to 13 Dec. Given Mr M's earlier report, I'm now almost certain my car must be on HORIZON LEADER and that the heavy weather predicted does appear to be throwing a spanner into the works :-( Obviously completely out of Tesla's control but I'm gutted nonetheless.....has anyone else had experience of whether causing delays to delivery dates and/or having earlier dates reinstated if weather forecasts proved to be less problematic than anticipated?

I have received a text from CS this afternoon advising that as a result of poor weather, my 9 Dec delivery has been rescheduled to 13 Dec. Given Mr M's earlier report, I'm now almost certain my car must be on HORIZON LEADER and that the heavy weather predicted does appear to be throwing a spanner into the works :-( Obviously completely out of Tesla's control but I'm gutted nonetheless.....has anyone else had experience of whether causing delays to delivery dates and/or having earlier dates reinstated if weather forecasts proved to be less problematic than anticipated?

Got the same text too but delivery only shifted by 2 days so hoping that HORIZON LEADER manages to escape most of the bad weather predicted and makes steady progress.

Reactions: UKBluejayGaz
Status
Not open for further replies.