Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This might be yet another consequence of using a server to interpret the voice commands. If the server doesn't know the car's software version, returning instructions to open a screen that might not exist in the car could cause trouble. There are ways to handle that.
With a single location language and discreet library of eligible queries, I don’t know why they would server side this parsing to voice commands. Seems pretty simple to have it all local for that.

With a single location language and discreet library of eligible queries, I don’t know why they would server side this parsing to voice commands. Seems pretty simple to have it all local for that.

Interpreting the voice commands on the server makes sense for navigation queries and streaming music queries. Also arguably for Easter eggs.

But all other commands would be more reliable and faster in-car, and it could search your USB audio library, and interpret requests like "show trip info" properly for the UI version that you have. Also you could test out commands sitting in the garage with spotty cell coverage.

Hmm. How does it handle "call Sheri" (besides failing to find "Sherry") in your contacts? On the server? In the phone app?

Last edited:
Reactions: moa999
I have also lost Tidal after installing this update. 2-button reboot didn't make a difference. 2021 MS LR+. I'm pretty livid right now.
Tesla support got back to me and it’s now located as a source with a toggle switch inside of the Radio submenu. Default is off so you have to flip it on and mine works again!

2A9E5858-22CF-441E-B22B-73DED19FA4E5.jpeg

682649A1-CFDA-40B3-AE5E-6EC47529A1B6.jpeg

38F045FC-641A-43C3-8A8C-8BD07C72DCE0.jpeg

Got 2022.4.5 on my 2020 SR+ no FSD.

Biggest improvement is the low speed autopilot.

Totally different car.
It's like I sacked the old chauffer that the wife was paying a bonus too everytime I spilt my coffee, and replaced it with the most gentle (well not quite) old man.

Almost all regen breaking into a stop, no shudders in slow moving traffic. Actually usable.

In most situations it is safer if the profile cannot be changed while driving. An unintended change to the profile (by the driver or passenger) while the car is moving could either squeeze the driver against the steering wheel or push them back so far they can't reach the pedals.

Definitely not in that situation. I graduated to the M3P from tuner cars and sports sedans - all of which had some way to toggle between normal and sport modes on the fly. Lighter steering is perfect for meandering around town, but the stiffer steering is perfect for canyon carving or using the M3P as it was intended.

Wish there was a quick access way to put everything in Sport like other sports sedans like the M3 has.

A noob to-become-owner here.

Is there such a thing as "normal" and "sports" mode in Teslas? If so, is it possible to flip between modes while moving?

Yep there is — but with individual driving dynamics like steering and throttle response. If you get the Model 3 Performance or Plaid, there’s Track Mode too, which can’t be accessed on the fly.

Setting the individual driving dynamics to a driver profile lets you customize how the car performs instantaneously on the fly. I use Cruise and Sport. Cruise is set to my key too, so I change the profile on the fly as needed. Profile changes while driving is now hidden in a menu unlike before.

Am I the only one experiencing a different regenerative braking during driving? Now it’s much more smooth and the slowdown take much more time and distance (about the double)
I think I observed the opposite when going from 2022.4.5 to 2022.4.5.3. The first time I drove after 2022.4.5.3, I felt very apparent that the regen was stronger than before and it almost surprised me a bit.

Can somebody explain why Tesla is not implementing the 2022.4 “Regenerative Breaking in Autopilot” for “AC induction motor”. I understand this technology will not go to a complete stop without brakes but I do not understand why they are not using the fully capable “Regenerative Breaking” instead of slamming the brakes 50 yards from stopping. The current autopilot implementation in stop and go situations is stressful and almost useless.
Agreed, 2022.4.5 promises non vomit inducing AP stop and go driving in the release notes. But it seems the same to me, am I missing something?

1. STOP and GO is really bad now, both start and stop very aggressively. carsick immediately even sitting at front seat. does chill mode help at start?
2. Funny thing is, at traffic light, it accelerates so slow and cannot catch the front car.
I heard that the "2 years ago's AP" is very good , so the "2 years ago's AP" designers left company and destroyed the source code, lol

Installed 4.5 on 16 Feb (in a May 2018 LR TM3 with V3 computer), first two drives were 19 Feb.

Tire pressure pictogram has disappeared; no way to monitor tire pressure’s.

Ultrasonic sensors no longer acknowledge snow banks; used to work flawlessly for past four winters, now my turnaround snowbank has a nice imprint of the rear end of the car in it.

When ultrasonic sensors do detect barriers, the stereo audio is now distorted/staticky or cuts out completely.

• Informative
Reactions: Transformer
Is that specifically the speakers on the side of the car that detected barriers? Perhaps they started implementing audio spacial cues but shipped it without testing it first (yet again).
Honestly don’t know as I am totally deaf in one ear.

Someone on another thread suggested that it could be a “multiplexing issue” brought on by some lag being introduced by the software (akin the the jittery rear camera issues).

Honestly don’t know as I am totally deaf in one ear.

Someone on another thread suggested that it could be a “multiplexing issue” brought on by some lag being introduced by the software (akin the the jittery rear camera issues).
I have a feeling that V11, in general, has pretty sloppy code. Audio/video stutter, lag, longer than usual buffering on the USB, need to restart more often. All that points to inefficient, leaky code that unnecessarily pushes the hardware.

Reactions: navguy12