Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ive had some stereo issues with 4.5 (sometimes will totally or partially mute (or distortion with static) with a change of state (i.e. use a turn signal; engage backup camera; putting the car in park; Homelink signal sent to garage door…not often, but sometimes)).

I also find the cameras very laggy now, and the moving map display is also slower to respond to changes in direction and/or zoom state.

My tire pressure pictogram has disappeared, regardless of resets or software reinstalling. I’m being told I may have to try a factory reset…

All since 4.5 was installed a week ago.
Just downloaded it, not installed yet ….. you aren’t selling it to me at all🤣🤣

• Funny
Reactions: navguy12
With 2022.4.5, my car no longer remembers where I left off in USB playback. The only time I am not listening to USB is when I update the drive and it needs to re-index (13K tracks). I have always turned on the car before going out to it and this always made sure to pick up playback position (not sure what the relationship was, but it worked).

But no more. I have to start anew every time I get in the car. I have performed three Touchscreen Resets (the double thumbwheel) since the update and nothing changes.
Additional data point on my issue: my car was charging all morning and when I want to lunch (still charging), the music remembered playback position. I started the last of the charging when I got back and it finished a while ago so it will be interesting to see if just having the car PLUGGED IN is sufficient to save position (I don't have high hopes on that).

I'm surprised that some cars get their FIRST update any sooner than 4-6 weeks. It would seem like a wise idea to minimize changes to a new car to make sure there are not any issues with said car.

And even Apple staggers their rollouts. Most people don't even get notifications of the updates for days or even weeks after a new version is released. I think it is wise of Tesla to not shotgun out the updates. Bricking a car is a MUCH bigger deal than bricking a phone - get a few updates out there to make sure there aren't issues before rolling out to everyone. I am always on the tail end of the cycle and I am actually happy about that.
Got my update one day after delivery. But I picked mine up on Dec. 23 so maybe just lucky timing with v11 being pushed the next day.

Ive had some stereo issues with 4.5 (sometimes will totally or partially mute (or distortion with static) with a change of state (i.e. use a turn signal; engage backup camera; putting the car in park; Homelink signal sent to garage door…not often, but sometimes)).

I also find the cameras very laggy now, and the moving map display is also slower to respond to changes in direction and/or zoom state.

My tire pressure pictogram has disappeared, regardless of resets or software reinstalling. I’m being told I may have to try a factory reset…

All since 4.5 was installed a week ago.
Downloaded this yesterda, still to install. Thinking I’ll hold off for now looking at all the negative posts about weird *sugar* happening, or is it related to age of car?

For those of you who have installed 2022.4.5.3, can you please check to see that the tire pressure sensors have been restored (or not broken)?
Are you missing your tire pressure monitor pictogram?

I have not been able to see my tire pressures since installing 4.5 a week ago Wednesday.

My mobile repair chap tells me the info is all there, but I may need a factory reset if I'm the only person on 4.5 suffering from having no tire pressure pictogram (the actual graphic on the Service page as per photo below):

no tire pressure pictogram.jpg

Reactions: pilotSteve
Are you missing your tire pressure monitor pictogram?

I have not been able to see my tire pressures since installing 4.5 a week ago Wednesday.

My mobile repair chap tells me the info is all there, but I may need a factory reset if I'm the only person on 4.5 suffering from having no tire pressure pictogram (the actual graphic on the Service page as per photo below):

View attachment 773254
Update: I performed a twin scroll reset (been a while since I had to do that as a matter of procedure after an update to ensure update worked IAW manufacturer specifications)…

…and here we are:

152E908A-C8A0-4BA0-8CA6-9A8A137C80B1.jpeg

Other fixes/changes with 4.5.3:

Cameras less laggy; more noticeable change in audio sound level between vehicle being stationary and acceleration beyond 10 kph.

Update: I performed a twin scroll reset (been a while since I had to do that as a matter of procedure after an update to ensure update worked IAW manufacturer specifications)…

…and here we are:

View attachment 773316

Other fixes/changes with 4.5.3:

Cameras less laggy; more noticeable change in audio sound level between vehicle being stationary and acceleration beyond 10 kph.

Glad it is working again --

Saw this and thought hmm -- wonder if that had anything to do with the change in API?

• Informative