Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Cheers.

Perhaps I should have included some art; here is what my Service menu has looked like since last Wednesday:

View attachment 772027
Hmm -- Well that does not look anything like mine - ??
  1. What does it show when in Park (looks like you are in Drive)? - the same thing?
  2. Have you tried to 'reboot' after the latest software update (press and hold both steering wheel 'buttons' until the screen goes black). I normally do that after each install.
  3. Also, you have the HomeLink - not sure that has anything to do with anything - but I don't have that installed. Does anyone else have Homelink and able to see the same service image?
  4. Could this be a US vs Canada version condition (not sure if US is different than Canada)

Hmm -- Well that does not look anything like mine - ??
  1. What does it show when in Park (looks like you are in Drive)? - the same thing?
  2. Have you tried to 'reboot' after the latest software update (press and hold both steering wheel 'buttons' until the screen goes black). I normally do that after each install.
  3. Also, you have the HomeLink - not sure that has anything to do with anything - but I don't have that installed. Does anyone else have Homelink and able to see the same service image?
  4. Could this be a US vs Canada version condition (not sure if US is different than Canada)
Cheers.

It shows the same thing in park.

Yes I did reboot it; also this shot was after a deep sleep session (I checked again today when I had to get an item out of the pax compartment and the Service menu is still missing the pictogram).

The loss of the pictogram occurred immediately after I installed 4.5, whilst the HomeLink unit has been used without fan fare since June 2018.

I must assume it is not a US vs Canada version condition as I have no way to check my tire pressures now and I would have expected some sort of visibility on this issue from other Canadian owners.

Cheers.

It shows the same thing in park.

Yes I did reboot it; also this shot was after a deep sleep session (I checked again today when I had to get an item out of the pax compartment and the Service menu is still missing the pictogram).

The loss of the pictogram occurred immediately after I installed 4.5, whilst the HomeLink unit has been used without fan fare since June 2018.

I must assume it is not a US vs Canada version condition as I have no way to check my tire pressures now and I would have expected some sort of visibility on this issue from other Canadian owners.

Ah -- sorry this is not great news -- wonder if you can try wheel configuration / Reset TPMS if that might switch/toggle items on / off? I agree this does not or should not be a condition of the location of the car, just a thought.

Have you sent anything to the service center? (if you get something back please share)

Reactions: navguy12
Ah -- sorry this is not great news -- wonder if you can try wheel configuration / Reset TPMS if that might switch/toggle items on / off? I agree this does not or should not be a condition of the location of the car, just a thought.

Have you sent anything to the service center? (if you get something back please share)
I have had the same mobile repair chap for the past 3.5 years and have passed him this info (with photos) via our usual unofficial back channel.

He always gets back to me with resolutions to little issues I bring to his attention and I’m sure he will do so with this as well.

I’ll post any information I get back.

I was reading some software application update information from Not a Tesla App. Nuno (I emailed them) responded that '...most often new owners receive an update 4-6 weeks after delivery.' It is good to know this process will work out, then I would expect faster delivery of updates. If Apple can handle 1B+ users and updates every few weeks, I mean come on.

I have had the same mobile repair chap for the past 3.5 years and have passed him this info (with photos) via our usual unofficial back channel.

He always gets back to me with resolutions to little issues I bring to his attention and I’m sure he will do so with this as well.

I’ll post any information I get back.
My mobile chap re-pushed 4.5 to my car.

After two test runs with much drama, twin scroll resets, full power downs, removal of USB devices etc, my tire pressure pictogram is still missing.

At least my ultrasonic sensors once again paint my snow banks that line my driveway.

The test run drama’s included no Homelink buttons (seriously, I couldn’t open a garage door to back out…) as well as the stereo cutting out every time I used the turn signals, backup cameras or even changing the volume level…

Stay tuned…

You downloaded while driving …. pretty sure that’s not recommended seeing as you lose functionality and control in the car😳
Probably already covered but this is 100% not true - at least not in my 3. Downloading has zero affect on the car while you are driving it - it's just a download in the background. I have downloaded every single update using my phone's hotspot while driving and have had zero negative impact.

Once the download is complete, the installation of the update takes over every aspect of your car for ~20-30 minutes and absolutely cannot be done while driving, but it doesn't even suggest starting until the car is parked.

Reactions: Xdama and navguy12
I was reading some software application update information from Not a Tesla App. Nuno (I emailed them) responded that '...most often new owners receive an update 4-6 weeks after delivery.' It is good to know this process will work out, then I would expect faster delivery of updates. If Apple can handle 1B+ users and updates every few weeks, I mean come on.
I'm surprised that some cars get their FIRST update any sooner than 4-6 weeks. It would seem like a wise idea to minimize changes to a new car to make sure there are not any issues with said car.

And even Apple staggers their rollouts. Most people don't even get notifications of the updates for days or even weeks after a new version is released. I think it is wise of Tesla to not shotgun out the updates. Bricking a car is a MUCH bigger deal than bricking a phone - get a few updates out there to make sure there aren't issues before rolling out to everyone. I am always on the tail end of the cycle and I am actually happy about that.

OKAY...

I have read this whole thread and saw zero mention of this.

With 2022.4.5, my car no longer remembers where I left off in USB playback. The only time I am not listening to USB is when I update the drive and it needs to re-index (13K tracks). I have always turned on the car before going out to it and this always made sure to pick up playback position (not sure what the relationship was, but it worked).

But no more. I have to start anew every time I get in the car. I have performed three Touchscreen Resets (the double thumbwheel) since the update and nothing changes.

Anyone else have this issue?

This has been an issue since V10. Also, when I browse through the USB and press Back it always gets me to the top of the list. Also, when I browse artists it does not show me all songs - always grouped by albums.
I can keep going on with the annoyances of their media player that existed in V10 and made their way into V11. But instead of fixing them we have Sonic The Hedgehog :)

• Funny
Reactions: navguy12
OKAY...

I have read this whole thread and saw zero mention of this.

With 2022.4.5, my car no longer remembers where I left off in USB playback. The only time I am not listening to USB is when I update the drive and it needs to re-index (13K tracks). I have always turned on the car before going out to it and this always made sure to pick up playback position (not sure what the relationship was, but it worked).

But no more. I have to start anew every time I get in the car. I have performed three Touchscreen Resets (the double thumbwheel) since the update and nothing changes.

Anyone else have this issue?
I don’t know if I have this issue or not yet, I’ll try it. I did used to have a similar issue with my 2018 BMW when playing music off my phone via BT, always went back to the first artist / first song in my case accoustic version of ACDC Ace of Spades, which up until that point I loved. Grew to hate the thing over the next few years though😕😕

• Funny
Reactions: Boza
A5479580-BCD1-407B-AB0D-66B714AE517A.jpeg

2022.4.5.3 incoming

Firmware update 2022.4.5. During streaming I hear static pops, the rearview camera freezes while backing up, the charging port kept clicking and won't start charging unless I do a computer restart, the screen freezes and the off peak never starts charging at 12:00 regardless of what I set the start time.

Firmware update 2022.4.5. During streaming I hear static pops, the rearview camera freezes while backing up, the charging port kept clicking and won't start charging unless I do a computer restart, the screen freezes and the off peak never starts charging at 12:00 regardless of what I set the start time.
Ive had some stereo issues with 4.5 (sometimes will totally or partially mute (or distortion with static) with a change of state (i.e. use a turn signal; engage backup camera; putting the car in park; Homelink signal sent to garage door…not often, but sometimes)).

I also find the cameras very laggy now, and the moving map display is also slower to respond to changes in direction and/or zoom state.

My tire pressure pictogram has disappeared, regardless of resets or software reinstalling. I’m being told I may have to try a factory reset…

All since 4.5 was installed a week ago.