Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Do I want 2022.4.5 (currently 2021.39.104)?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So my Model 3 downloaded 2022.4.5 and is offering to install it. Currently it is running 2021.39.104.

Main concern is that it looks like the V11 UI that it apparently includes makes some functions that may be needed while driving harder to use, according to various descriptions about it.

So my Model 3 downloaded 2022.4.5 and is offering to install it. Currently it is running 2021.39.104.

Main concern is that it looks like the V11 UI that it apparently includes makes some functions that may be needed while driving harder to use, according to various descriptions about it.
I just got the 2022.4.5 and haven't noticed any BIG changes in the V11 UI. The only thing I've noticed so far is the heated steering wheel button is now in the bottom left of the climate controls. But the update now makes autopilot use regen more often and so far it makes autopilot breaking so much smoother. I think it's worth the update.

Reactions: JerseyShoreMY

Usually it is a good idea to keep up with the update. However, in this case you are still on V10 UI so the decision is a bit tougher. If you need to use seat header, defogger, or anything related to cold climate a lot, perhaps you can hold off until Spring is coming. By that time, you would feel much less transition pain to V11 on those operations, and hopefully by the next winter Tesla would have addressed these V11 UI complains.

Reactions: WattsappMTL
You won’t have a choice eventually…. Dodge the updates at home sure.. but the very next time you need service if you are behind on software the very first thing they will do is update ya. Ver11 is a gigantic mess. I hate it. My wife hates it. I’m sure every guy named Bob hates it. The Chinese really hate it - so much that they got a special update before the ROW cars. Bottom line. Everyone hates having to make extra taps for the same features that used to be one tap away.

I’m currently writing my own UI as we speak. I’m going to combine the best of ver10 with the best of ver11 and call it a day.

I just update my new MYLR from same 2021.39.104 to 2002.4.5 and I love it. Auto seat heater, blind spot camera on turn signal, clean YIand bigger button for control. Kids love the book of and holiday lights show. I only had the car for just over two weeks with v10 and before i get used with the old UI, better to upgrade to v11 and get used to with it.

You won’t have a choice eventually…. Dodge the updates at home sure.. but the very next time you need service if you are behind on software the very first thing they will do is update ya. Ver11 is a gigantic mess. I hate it. My wife hates it. I’m sure every guy named Bob hates it. The Chinese really hate it - so much that they got a special update before the ROW cars. Bottom line. Everyone hates having to make extra taps for the same features that used to be one tap away.

I’m currently writing my own UI as we speak. I’m going to combine the best of ver10 with the best of ver11 and call it a day.
"I’m currently writing my own UI as we speak" --- Got any pic/images of this, I would like to see that in action. I didn't know there was a way to 'side load' a custom UI.

That would be a delivery software, from the factory. Since you're new on the forums I'll assume you just got your car. Give it a few weeks and eventually you'll get updates like the rest of us.
That would be a delivery software, from the factory. Since you're new on the forums I'll assume you just got your car. Give it a few weeks and eventually you'll get updates like the rest of us.
Thank you so much! I got MYLR on Jan 18, 2022. I received first update of 2022.4.5 and second update 2022.4.5.1 on Feb 12 and 15th respectively. My safety score is 99 and the miles on car is 1100. It shows V 11.0 but not sure what is the FSD beta version number.

Thank you so much! I got MYLR on Jan 18, 2022. I received first update of 2022.4.5 and second update 2022.4.5.1 on Feb 12 and 15th respectively. My safety score is 99 and the miles on car is 1100. It shows V 11.0 but not sure what is the FSD beta version number.
Congrats on the new ride.

"safety score is 99 " -- NICE - keep up the good work on that - here is a link for FSD Beta details - The unofficial "when do I get my FSD beta update" FAQ if you have not seen this yet.

I just update my new MYLR from same 2021.39.104 to 2002.4.5 and I love it. Auto seat heater, blind spot camera on turn signal, clean YIand bigger button for control. Kids love the book of and holiday lights show. I only had the car for just over two weeks with v10 and before i get used with the old UI, better to upgrade to v11 and get used to with it.
Sorry- I have to laugh at someone from San Francisco using a seat heater!

to the OP: V11 is worse in most areas and the ones that are improved are pretty minor. Pretty much the only thing that's easier is playing games, but the others are right 'resistance is futile.' Specifically, Tesla requires you to update the software to maintain your warranty and you'll also likely need to update the software to maintain cellular connectivity.

Whenever you choose to update, make sure you have time to play with then new interface so you know where things are.