Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So .7 is a later version than .30? Thought the higher the number the later the version. So confusing. .7 is a bigger number than .30
The first number denotes the year. The second number is the week. The third number is the revision. So 2022.4 is the software from the 4th week of 2022. 2021.44.30.7 started from the 44th week of 2021. I'm not sure what the fourth number is, but .30 would be the 30th revision of 2021.44, and .7 would probably be the 7th revision to revision 30, I guess?

Last edited:
The first number denotes the year. The second number is the week. The third number is the revision. So 2022.4 is the software from the 4th week of 2022. 2021.44.30.7 started from the 44th week of 2021. I'm not sure what the fourth number is, but .30 would be the 30th revision of 2021.44, and .7 would probably be the 7th revision to revision 30, I guess?
I find it helpful in iOS to enable week numbers in settings/calendar.
6A239F72-7A75-4B5B-AFD7-40DC3515D6E5.jpeg
D0E09ED8-0041-404A-814B-8F7134B3462F.jpeg

Is this when they started the sprint or when they released it? Because 4th week of 2022 seems too short if it is from the sprint start.
Seems to be when the sprint finishes the first minimum version of whatever stories they wanted to include in it. Sometimes the release comes out right after that, sometimes it stays internal for a few more weeks and you'll get Week 12's sprint in week 16 for example (and week 16 might have just popped out internally and never roll to users while they keep releasing versions on the week 12 baseline). Also almost always a multiple of 4 in my experience, so I suspect they batch stories or epics into those clusters but have a more frequent cadence of actual sprints.

Interesting. From what you are describing, if a release comes close to the current date then they haven’t had a chance to “bake” it in the field.
If a release comes out in or shortly after its "birthday" it means they ARE baking it in the field. If it doesn't come out until later, they decided not to put it in the field, but that could be because they just aren't done with whatever they wanted in there, or they determined it has too many bugs based on internal testing, or it's just sitting on a bunch of employee cars until they do some planned merge with an upcoming version. No way to tell. But because releases sometimes come out during or the week after their birthday, I have to assume it's the finish date, not the start date of the sprint.

• Helpful
Reactions: Boza
2021 MS LR+ here. I haven’t noticed any changes aside from my backup camera lagging and stuttering - even after reset.

Does anyone have any suggestions?
I had a chance to test AP and stand corrected. The AP has “smoother” operation when it needs to adjust speed. The “jerkiness” is gone. As far as regen is concerned, I did not notice a difference.

The video shows the superchargers on the maps (and icon on the screen) and I think the Chinese characters are the Profile.

Cant see the LTE/WiFi signal, or Sentry icons that are mentioned.

But it would be good to get actual screenshots from Chinese users, rather than the video, which might be from an earlier release.
I had a chance to test AP and stand corrected. The AP has “smoother” operation when it needs to adjust speed. The “jerkiness” is gone. As far as regen is concerned, I did not notice a difference.
Yep. I’ve noticed a great change in stop and go traffic, and slowing down for lights. You can actually see the green regen on the screen