Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
2022 MXP built Jan 22 running FSD BETA. I know we dont get the holiday update but wondering if i have the capability for steam since I don't show the "Infotainment RAM". Everything else shows the same as pic above. I also don't have the swiveling screen.
Our 2022 Model S was built a month before yours and has 16 GB of RAM. We installed the update and confirmed Steam is available. We'll try it out tonight.

Reactions: jjrandorin
I’m actually looking forward to this once FSD beta catches up, I have a lot of steam games and also there are a ridiculous amount of cheap smaller games on steam that would be well suited to a short-play model.

Witcher 3 just got a next gen graphical update that rolled out yesterday.

Holy *sugar* Tesla somehow made the Apple Music app bad too.

It doesn't buffer the next song so there's an awkward delay between songs. And then when pulling away from my garage and going from WiFi to Cellular the current song stops playing. The only way to get the music playing again is by skipping to the next song.
I don't have the update yet, but I can't see the advantage of using Tesla's Apple music app over just running Apple music on my phone and playing through Bluetooth.

anyone else got Steam games to work? it seems it's having trouble connecting controllers (whether via wire or bluetooth). At the launcher screen Steam shows it's connected, but once launched it shows no controller and none of the buttons work...

IMG_3896.jpeg
IMG_3897.jpeg

If
I have a Feb 2022 MSLR. How to tell if your S has 16GB DDR RAM needed for Steam ... go to software tab in your car and click Additional Vehicle Information. My car supports it. I downloaded Steam and created an account. This is for gamers and disables the car (of course) when active. I'm not a gamer so this isn't for me. I'll uninstall.View attachment 884933View attachment 884934
If mine doesn’t say anything at all, does it mean I don’t have 16gb of ram? Granted I didn’t get the new update yet, so not sure if the RAM line came with the new update

Attachments

• DEF964F7-3556-4DDF-9D6C-768B2D0C0466.jpeg
    DEF964F7-3556-4DDF-9D6C-768B2D0C0466.jpeg
    262 KB · Views: 62
I have installed 2022.44.25.1, and have taken the car for a brief drive around the block. A few thoughts:

Apple Music integration is great. The interface is really neat and clean, and music sounds very good. No idea about what bitrate it's streaming at, but I don't care as long as it sounds good to my ear, and it does. For those interested, I see no sign of Dolby Atmos capability. I pulled up an album that I know has Dolby Atmos in Apple Music (Kind of Blue by Miles Davis) and the Atmos indicator that's present when browsing on the phone does not appear on the car's screen. But the album still sounds great. Also for those asking - yes, there's a shuffle button.

Having the media player closer to the driver is nice, if for no other reason than you can have media controls/display and the large map at the same time. I mainly use the steering wheel controls for controlling audio so I don't know how much I will interact with this, but it's nice to have it all the same. I also noticed you can flick up to get a larger view of the player, with additional controls, e.g., shuffle, favorites and recents.

Having the trip cards display back in the lower left corner is fantastic. My only complaint is that the elapsed time of the current trip is not displayed, as it was with the old cards system. I like knowing at a glance how long a particular drive is taking me. If you tap on the card, though, the full trips display pops up on top of the map, and you can see the elapsed time there, so this is still a big improvement over the most recent interface. On the trips screen, you can also select which trip meters are shown on the cards. Tapping on the small trips card again closes the large trips screen and restores the map view.

If the cards (either trips or tire pressure) are active, full media controls are available in the full-screen media app. (This would also be useful for allowing your front-seat passenger to control the audio while you're driving.) If you have the miniature media player active at the lower left, duplicate media controls do not appear at the top of the full-screen media app. It appears that there's no way to have the strip of media controls across the bottom of the map anymore.

Homelink controls no longer appear in the lower left corner of the screen, where the cards are. Instead, they've returned to the top of the screen. When they're not active, they are tiny. Some people aren't going to like this, I'm sure. However, when you're approaching your house and the car is getting ready to auto-open your garage, a larger drop-down appears, with an option to cancel, similar to what we would see prior to v11. This works fine for me, but those who struggle with small print may be frustrated.

On the flip side, navigation instructions appear to be significantly larger, and there's a new, separate panel at the bottom left of the screen for cancelling the trip, adding a stop or changing navigation options. Arrival time, time remaining on route and forecasted arrival charge level are also shown here. I'd rather those be closer to the top, as they've always been, but that'd probably make the box at the top too large, given the new larger directions.

Overall, I'm very pleased with the interface changes I've seen so far. I did drive on EAP this evening and behavior seemed mostly similar to what I've observed lately - overall good, but in stop and go traffic, starts from a dead stop when the car in front starts moving again tend to be a bit too abrupt and forceful. I would rather the car start moving more gradually and smoothly.

Question about the new HVAC fan setting. Is the Low/Med/Hi only in Auto, or Manual too and the 1-10 is completely gone? Can you ‘unselect‘ the fan speed in Auto to let it decide which fan speed is best?
I think the point is the speed is still auto, you just get to influence it a little bit. Maybe the medium setting is the same as the old version just on auto.