Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Got the update pushed earlier, .25.1

So far so good. Glad to see the cards are back and I can have my various trips / lifetime stats. FINALLY have Apple Music and the implementation IMO is great. Wish it had gap-less playback but anyway. Sounds great too. On par with Bluetooth, better than Spotify.

I have ONE gripe: I really wish we still had the option for the music “bottom bar” on the map side. I get why we don’t but my passengers did like it and having to toggle on/off mine so they can change songs is a bit annoying, especially since you lose the map during that time. Not end of the world, I still think this version is superior to previous ones, but it’s gonna be a “need to get used to”.
You can put it back on top of the music screen.

If you swipe down on the cards to make them disappear then the music controls will go and stay on top of the full music screen. There is no more 1/3 screen just full or none.

To get the cards back after swiping them away, there will be a new icon to the right of the climate controls on the drivers side that looks like a musical note. Just tap it and the cards will be back and the music control will be off the the top of the music screen.

If you want the cards to show and the music controls to be on the top of the music screen, then you will need to swipe the cards to show trip or tire pressure.
While on either of those cards the music controls will stay on the top.

I have the cards swiped off and use the control on the music screen as my wife loves to change music often.
For the map all you need to do is swipe down on the music screen. It will go into the task bar, then when you want to change music, tap the music icon and it will come back full

If you swipe down on the cards to make them disappear then the music controls will go and stay on top of the full music screen. There is no more 1/3 screen just full or none.

To get the cards back after swiping them away, there will be a new icon to the right of the climate controls on the drivers side that looks like a musical note. Just tap it and the cards will be back and the music control will be off the the top of the music screen.

If you want the cards to show and the music controls to be on the top of the music screen, then you will need to swipe the cards to show trip or tire pressure.

I have the cards swiped off and use the control on the music screen as my wife loves to change music often.
For the map all you need to do is swipe down on the music screen. It will go into the task bar, then when you want to change music, tap the music icon and it will come back full
Not what I meant.

I mean having the music BELOW the map in a compact player (like we could do with V11) instead of it being fullscreen or driver side. Particularly to skip songs or scrub. Having to lower or switch the card to something else if they want to take care of that, it's annoying. it's a click I wouldnt need to do otherwise.

1671202777680.png

For example like that, not only where the homelink / trip cards part goes. The "pop up" for navigation cues helps, but if we could toggle which cards show or not, and have an option for the music on the passenger side lower third, it would be amazing.

Would this require going to a service center or having mobile service come out? Or can this be done without service physically touching the vehicle?
I just asked as I already had a ticket open for something else. They responded that they cannot manually do it and that it would be automatically pushed to my car. Maybe they can do it if you actually have the car at a service center. If I don’t have it by the time I take it in for the repair, I’ll ask when I’m there.

Reactions: Despized
I just asked as I already had a ticket open for something else. They responded that they cannot manually do it and that it would be automatically pushed to my car. Maybe they can do it if you actually have the car at a service center. If I don’t have it by the time I take it in for the repair, I’ll ask when I’m there.
Yes opening a Service Ticket was incorrect info. Service Center can install service software and they can REinstall current software but all updates are "pushed" from the "mothership" and can't be "pulled".

Would this require going to a service center or having mobile service come out? Or can this be done without service physically touching the vehicle?
My personal experience when I first got my vehicle, after a couple of weeks it was still stuck on stock firmware, I started a ticket in the app and they remotely “unstuck” it for me and hours later I was running the then newest firmware. No visits / live-human interactions needed 😬

I actually miss the little 1/3 music on top of the map option... a LOT. I have been driving around with that on my display since I got my car in 2018. I do like that the cards are back, but personally dont like the music being one of those cards.

As pointed out by @AdamVIP in another thread, for a LOT of us, our hand position on the steering wheel blocks where those cards appear. Shrug. I am not going to rail at the moon at it, but im not really a fan of the new music card or location.

I actually miss the little 1/3 music on top of the map option... a LOT. I have been driving around with that on my display since I got my car in 2018. I do like that the cards are back, but personally dont like the music being one of those cards.

As pointed out by @AdamVIP in another thread, for a LOT of us, our hand position on the steering wheel blocks where those cards appear. Shrug. I am not going to rail at the moon at it, but im not really a fan of the new music card or location.
Nor am I a fan. That is why I swiped the cards away and use the full music screen with the control on the top.

Apple Music is weird..

If I decide to play songs in my library, Apple Music will play 2-3 songs before it starts playing some random songs not in my library. Also I figured out that Apple Music doesn't pre-buffer so you have to wait for the next song to buffer before playing. Makes for an awkward couple of seconds of silence in between songs.

The auto turn signals are amazing though. It knows when you're pulling up to a stop sign to keep the signal on, or when you've entered a turn lane. I no longer have to push the turn signal stock all the way up or down.

The only thing we need now is auto-lane change for autopilot.

Reactions: BDV300
"I do like that the cards are back, but personally dont like the music being one of those cards."

Sorry, haven't got the update yet (if ever). Does this mean that if you want to keep the trip card up permanently, your only options for music control are full screen instead of the map, or swiping the trip card over to the music card?

Did they increase the size of the album art again, or is it still the pathetically shrunken v11 version?

"I do like that the cards are back, but personally dont like the music being one of those cards."

Sorry, haven't got the update yet (if ever). Does this mean that if you want to keep the trip card up permanently, your only options for music control are full screen instead of the map, or swiping the trip card over to the music card?

Did they increase the size of the album art again, or is it still the pathetically shrunken v11 version?

Someone addressed this in this thread earlier I think, but there are three cards, and if you swipe the music card to one of the other two cards (tire pressure or trip) then the music controls are back on the full screen music app. If you have the music card up, the controls are in there (controls = play, pause, forward, reverse etc).

I disagree that is the only option, because the thumbwheel controls (which frankly are the ones I default to using for forward, back, etc) still work. Its just they dont have the ability to have the music app in that "floating on the bottom of the map screen" look that many of us likely got used to.,

As for size of album art vs "pathetically shrunken" sorry I cant address that as I never noticed size of album art before.

Reactions: ianc
Yep. Still awaiting in Hawaii. Only got 2022.44.2 a few days ago. Was hoping I’d have Apple Music after work, but nope. 😭
Got it today, (12-16) Apple music worked great. Played Dolby Atmos playlist, sounded great and definitely noticeable vs Bluetooth. Not sure if anyone confirmed, though, that the sound system supports it?
Automatic turn signals are weird. I’m not sure if it’s ready yet.

• Helpful
Reactions: Transformer
My M3 2019 received the 2022.44.25.1 update three days ago, and now it seems that the climate fan speed is no longer automatically controlled. When I start the clima (full Auto mode), the fan goes to MED speed (equivalent to 4) and remains at that speed indefinitely, despite having achieved the programmed temperature several minutes before. This happens with ~12ºC (54ºF) exterior, 20ºC (68ºF) interior. Before the update, and with similar exterior/interior temperatures, the fan started at speed 4 but quickly slowed down to speed 3.

The new LO/MED/HI fan speed controls are not shown in fuzzy gray or blue, which makes me think that they are not under automatic control. I would *really* hate losing the automatic fan speed control.

My car is a M3 2019 (so no heat pump).

Last edited:
Would be cool if they could just do thorough testing internally and then roll out the update. But I could see that being a difficult task when your fleet runs on 20 different computers with different GPUs with different amounts of ram and different storage. No consistency with anything at Tesla.
So Tesla should be restricted to 10+yo hardware and never able to update it?

Much like Apple, Tesla keeps a pretty narrow hardware platform which is why 10yo Model Ss can run current OS and still do most things.

I'd be more concerned with some of the other manufacturers who will chop and change parts and software providers, and support will be like that provided for Android phones.

, for a LOT of us, our hand position on the steering wheel blocks where those cards appear. Shrug. I am not going to rail at the moon at it, but im not really a fan of the new music card or location.
And it's even worse for RHD cars, as the controls are on the right side of the bar.

Now of course one probably should be using one of the few buttons in the steering wheel to skip, or voice, but some get focused on the screen.

So Tesla should be restricted to 10+yo hardware and never able to update it?

Much like Apple, Tesla keeps a pretty narrow hardware platform which is why 10yo Model Ss can run current OS and still do most things.

I'd be more concerned with some of the other manufacturers who will chop and change parts and software providers, and support will be like that provided for Android phones.
Did you even read what I said? I agreed that it must be difficult because of all the different hardware variations.