Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
There will always be opinions of location of things that some dont like but others do. I think the designers have to come up with something and take feedback on what would make it better.

Just glad that Apple Music was finally made available (I never liked Spotify myself). I hope that gapless playback is added, although its not too bad as it is. Also would like to see the "Up Next" so that upcoming songs in Album are shown in the music bar like Spotify already has. Can't seem to get voice command to pick up Playlists that I've created, maybe thats a bug not sure. It will obviously get better over time but its a good start over messing with Siri or manually starting songs via the phone and BT.

There will always be opinions of location of things that some dont like but others do. I think the designers have to come up with something and take feedback on what would make it better.

Just glad that Apple Music was finally made available (I never liked Spotify myself). I hope that gapless playback is added, although its not too bad as it is. Also would like to see the "Up Next" so that upcoming songs in Album are shown in the music bar like Spotify already has. Can't seem to get voice command to pick up Playlists that I've created, maybe thats a bug not sure. It will obviously get better over time but its a good start over messing with Siri or manually starting songs via the phone and BT.
So the feedback they took was "Let's jam up the left side of the screen and leave only a map on the right" Got it.

I dislike the music location. When I'm driving my right hand on the wheel is blocking the leftmost 30% of it and I cannot see the cover art or the first 15-20 characters of the track name. I used to have music visible all the time using the the 10% view (or whatever it's called), and much prefer that. Losing the 33% view is not something I care about.

Most of the other changes I don't care about. I was fine with the old HomeLink, but going back to something similar to V10 will seem natural in another few days.

But I love dog mode, and being able to spy on her while I'm away from the car is fun. I would trade it for the old music interface, though.

Reactions: malou
I hate the music bar location.
I actually don't mind the location. I suspect this allows them to increase the size of the directions and place nav controls to the bottom which is easier to use for me.

I do like that the music app is more compact and can side scroll to a couple other quick bits of info. The small source menu is better as well.

Did the Tesla quality team really accept the Tire Pressure card? The front and back of the car image is cut off. It looks horrible and sloppy to me. But, I do understand it's a cosmetic issue and not functional.
It's so nice that people are arguing over and discussing cosmetic issues rather than actual things breaking due to regressions.

"It's so nice that people are arguing over and discussing cosmetic issues rather than actual things breaking due to regressions."

Things don't actually need to be broken for regressions to exist. Just anything that removes or offers less functionality than previously...

Reactions: finman100
just downloaded the update and delighted to get apple music now. One thing I don't see, how can I "like" a song now, or dislike a song on apple music. what am I missing?

agreed with others, would have been fine to leave music where it used to be....but whatever.....