Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2022.8.10.8 updated and alerting DAS_w065_deserializerOvercurrent

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
On December 12th 2022, the Model X p100D with MCU1 AP1, updated to 2022.8.10.8. Ever since then the HPWC charge rate has been limited to 11kw 47/48 amps. As if it was those models with the 48amp onboard charger. Even when the amps at the location is still set as always to 72 amps. I've done the usual, reboots and power offs, reset of the HPWC, etc.

Checking in service mode, it shows DAS_w065_deserializerOvercurrent. I'm not sure what that means, and search gets zero hits. Anyone else notice this apparent software bug?

I'm going to try the reinstall software and see if that helps, but I really wish there was a downgrade option in service mode. 2022.8.10.6 was working just fine. This is one of those times I really wish they had a phone number I could call for the SC. Instead of having to enter my billing information and schedule a service visit just to hear if it's a known software bug.

Attachments

• IMG_1140D.jpeg
    IMG_1140D.jpeg
    256.4 KB · Views: 191
  • IMG_1139D.jpeg
    IMG_1139D.jpeg
    312.4 KB · Views: 90
I've finally taken the vehicle in for service. The slower charging rate forced me to stop using the scheduled charging overnight. I also changed electric rates with the utility. I used to be on a time of use plan to charge the EV during cheaper off-peak hours. (The cost for charging on the EV rate during peak time is double the flat rate price) The deserilizer message is not related to charging. The Dual chargers in the vehicle check out healthy according to the SC. Of course the SC only has the low power Gen 3 chargers, so they can't test the higher Kw rates. The SC also noted on my ticket to explain to the customer (me) that Gen 3 HPWC's don't charge above 48 amps. Not sure how that's relevant to a HPWC gen 1 with Dual chargers. The SC had me contact the home charging team at 888-518-3752. The home charging team said Gen 1 HPWC's all the software is in the vehicle, so transferred me to the vehicle support team. The vehicle support team took down my information, and asked a couple basic questions. I provided them the firmware and all the items I tried. Factory resets, power reboots, new 12v batteries. I've also upgrade to the MCU2 last week, which allowed the car to get the latest firmware. That new firmware nor MCU2 replacement did nothing for the charging software.

Hopefully they can just push the dual charger enabled option over the air. She said if they can't they will call for more info tomorrow, and could possibly add instructions for the SC on to my next service visit if needed. She did mention she would find out if the dual charger was a feature they are just no longer supporting. I asked her to note in the case I paid $1,500 for that hardware option when purchasing the vehicle.