Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
No. If anything it's taken a step backwards as there's no pop up now below the visualisation for the lights when you push the stalk back.
Well, this is a serious WTF as far as usability goes, but at this point I shouldn't be surprised. The amount of functionality they borked with V11 seems to have no ends. What's even crazier with this is the pop up still works if you pull the stalk, so you can still use the shortcut if you are willing to flash your brights at oncoming traffic lol...

• Helpful
Reactions: Transformer
2022.8.2 fixed the unreadably tiny, gray text in the charger screen.

Before and after, looking through the window after plugging in:

before.jpg

after.jpg

(You have to look around the steering wheel to see the power level, which is what I'm mainly looking for to find out if ChargePoint is working or if JuiceBox is charging vs. trickle-charging to keep the Tesla from shutting off.)

View attachment 785987

View attachment 785988

(You have to look around the steering wheel to see the power level, which is what I'm mainly looking for to find out if ChargePoint is working or if JuiceBox is charging vs. trickle-charging to keep the Tesla from shutting off.)
How picky

• Disagree
Reactions: ianc
I got 2022.8.2 and found that the trunk of my 2021 M3 sr+ only opens a few inches now. It’s not even wanting to open manually without it resisting and feeling like it will break the motorized strut. I’ve scheduled a service appointment so I’ll see what happens. It was fine prior to the update and I tried resetting the opening height but it’s no good.

View attachment 785987

View attachment 785988

I'm much happier to know that they just boofed the landing on this font snafu, as opposed to intentionally designing it that way.

Still shows to lack of planning and testing. Embarrassingly bad work.

Glad it's back to what it was and always should have been.

Too bad a lot of trunks are not opening right though.

What the actual f---. No one tests anything, ever? Wow.

I still love driving my car every day, it's amazing.

I got 2022.8.2 and found that the trunk of my 2021 M3 sr+ only opens a few inches now. It’s not even wanting to open manually without it resisting and feeling like it will break the motorized strut. I’ve scheduled a service appointment so I’ll see what happens. It was fine prior to the update and I tried resetting the opening height but it’s no good.
Had this on 2 occasions.The only thing I did, open it manually, press a couple seconds on the button so it registered. Close it and open again. All good now.

• Informative
Reactions: Relayer

View attachment 785987

View attachment 785988

Updated last night and glad to see this change.

Had this on 2 occasions.The only thing I did, open it manually, press a couple seconds on the button so it registered. Close it and open again. All good now.
So it happened the first 2 times after you updated, and you had to have it "memorize" a new opening position, and now it's good again? Or it happened once, you set a new opening position, and then it spontaneously happened again?

So it happened the first 2 times after you updated, and you had to have it "memorize" a new opening position, and now it's good again? Or it happened once, you set a new opening position, and then it spontaneously happened again?
Happen twice after the update. Open manually all the way up & memorize it's setting. Close/open the trunk and seemed to have worked. Haven't had the issue since then.

It's looking like this might be a software update I should skip. Just like that update that broke my charge port closing behavior that I should have skipped.
I’ve just been on my phone app and opened and closed the trunk. It is now opening at random heights from about 8” to fully open. I guess there’s nothing physically wrong with the strut and must be software related. I’m also wondering if there’s a sensor that is faulty or possibly something like dirt on the rear camera that’s making it think there’s something in the way of it opening.

I’ve just been on my phone app and opened and closed the trunk. It is now opening at random heights from about 8” to fully open. I guess there’s nothing physically wrong with the strut and must be software related. I’m also wondering if there’s a sensor that is faulty or possibly something like dirt on the rear camera that’s making it think there’s something in the way of it opening.
I doubt that. I've parked so close to walls that the trunk only cleared by about 2cm or less when it opened, and yet, it did open all the way.

Reactions: RedBlitz
2022.8.2 here too. S85. Have maybe missed reports from others, but browser is again taller, covering about 3/4 of the screen. This is imo great 👍 .
I’ll be a bit nitpicking: would have liked to have the possibility to have both the 1/2 and 3/4 sizes, similar to the different sizes of the media player. But personally, If we can only have one, 3/4 is the best on our vertical screen.

Very happy to see that the dev team keeps us in mind.

Haven’t driven the car yet so can’t report much more. I read the LTE is maybe fixed and the backup camera freezing too. We’ll see.

So far, good start for a new update.

My 2020 Model 3 got a lot of bugs after I installed the new update - 2022.8.2.
1. Cruise control stopped working at all.
2. The visualization of the road, cars, lane, are not shown at all - the car stands as if it were in a parking position.
Despite the few restarts I made, the problems remain.

• Informative
I upgraded my 2018 LRDM Model 3 to 2022.8.2 Friday and didn’t drive yesterday. today while driving on the highway for 15min I got ABS, AEB, traction, stability, automatic vehicle hold, and cruise control disabled. Lane departure avoidance unavailable, steering assist reduced, limited deceleration when accelerator is released and tpms moinitoring syatem fault.
There is no regen and when stopped the car will roll backwards of on a slope. You can really tell how heavy the car is when you only have the friction brakes. The power steering is either greatly reduced or gone.
5-6 reboots and two power downs didn’t change anything. I immediately ser a service appointment but it’s 4 weeks ago. Debating either driving to the SC when they open tomorrow or just calling roadside and having it towed there.

Last edited:
  • Informative