Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2022 Delivery Date for my Model Y

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
OD 10/17 MYLR Blue - Initial April -> Mar 03-Mar31 -> Feb15-Mar15 (as of 11/3)
I am almost in same boat as you. MYLR BLUE/BLACK interior. Order date initially on 09/30 but was playing with changes and finally freezed it on 10/05.

Delivery dates - initial April 2022, moved back to january 24-February 24. Now feb 16-March 16.

I did ask SA if we can postpone to the initial delivery date, SA suggested to wait till VIN assigned.

Giga Austin isn’t close to completion. Let alone production. Keep dreaming. These new batteries are hitting Ys in Q2 or 3 at best
I'll check to see how this ages in a few weeks. Lol

Giga Austin posted 1,100 jobs three weeks ago. The Q3 report shows completed office/admin areas, part stamping lines, beginning stockpiles of sub assemblies, and test-line beta builds of one piece front and rear castings. They already have beta-build Y's running around Austin with employees to QC test as they tune the line.

They do not have (and will not have for a damn long while) the 4680 batteries, or structural battery format. The Anode and Cathode test-line production equipment got delivered early this week, and they still are supposedly having issues with cathode forming at scale. I think they will put them in the CyberTrucks at a lower output, until they are produced at enough scale to match the target production numbers for the MY. They don't want the good/better comparison for Fremont/Austin MY's based on production differences with batteries. It's probably a tough enough pill to swallow for the front castings at Austin, until they volume gets high enough to buy Fremont the time to retool without overall output suffering.

We'll see Austin-built (casted front/rear) MY's delivered before Christmas.

I'm about to push the order button, It says "estimated deliver October" -- is that Oct 2022? Or just nonsesne
Nah October 2021. You go backwards to get it. 😅 Nah but for real depending on configuration yes your EDD will be as far back as q3 of 2022. This, I don’t believe, takes in account the coming gigatx factory whenever that’s up and running production will pick up.

This is for a gray MYLR. I may have to invest more than I thought in keeping my old Mini up and running. :oops:
Have you checked the inventory for one?

Do place your order, but keep checking in the meantime.
Join this forum and try to snag one quick, per your interests.

Hello! Just ordered MY black w/ Gemini wheels on Nov. 4th. Originally quoted EDD June 2022. Just checked the app and it has been updated to Feb. 24 - March 24, 2022. Wonder if this means Giga Austin is ramping up sooner rather than later?
I don’t think first production car has rolled out yet. But yesterday’s YouTube showed a handful of Model Y’s on chargers. Thursday is the stockholders meeting and going to be held at Giga Austin. Hoping they will announce start of production than.

My order date is 8/31 with profile completed 11/1. I am hoping my EDD will shorten as soon as they update for Austin.

I checked your 3 posts to find your order date which seems it is 1st July. So this extended delay is totally beyond usual delivery time. Did you complete your registration late or make any changes after your booking or delayed entering payment information late? There is no explanation for the extended delay in your case:
"MYLR|Blue/black|19" Ordered in July, 1st date 11/21, last week expected delivery 1/28/22-2/28/22, This week 2/14-3/14/22 delivery. Got a VIN # a few weeks ago." posted on 17th October by you.
Thanks for looking at it. The date keeps changing, now it is March 8th - April 5th.

Hello! Just ordered MY black w/ Gemini wheels on Nov. 4th. Originally quoted EDD June 2022. Just checked the app and it has been updated to Feb. 24 - March 24, 2022. Wonder if this means Giga Austin is ramping up sooner rather than later?
Welcome to the anxious waiters club. The emotional ride will go up and down like a roller coaster for a ride you will not forget until you drive away after your delivery. On a more serious note, a single upgrade can chop off months from your EDD. In your case the extra money paid for black color is helping your EDD.

I'm about to push the order button, It says "estimated deliver October" -- is that Oct 2022? Or just nonsesne
October 22. If you add an extra $1000 for color or white seats or upgrade the wheels it will shave off many months of waiting. An MYP will bring your date to January 22. In my case living in snow country, I was not willing to sacrifice a single inch of ground clearance and hence I did not go for the MYP. Plus, using bigger sized SUV's I often run over the curb with no fear of Wheel curb rash. An MYP would expose me even more than an MYLR.

October 22. If you add an extra $1000 for color or white seats or upgrade the wheels it will shave off many months of waiting. An MYP will bring your date to January 22. In my case living in snow country, I was not willing to sacrifice a single inch of ground clearance and hence I did not go for the MYP. Plus, using bigger sized SUV's I often run over the curb with no fear of Wheel curb rash. An MYP would expose me even more than an MYLR.
So yesterday all of a sudden the EDD changed from October to "February 09- March 09". Trying to figure out whether that is 2022 or 2023.

Update: for the first couple of weeks after I placed our order for a MYLR 7 seater, delivery date showed as March 15 - April 12, 2022. I just logged in to my Tesla account and delivery date now shows Feb 24 - March 24. Weird.