Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2022 Delivery Date for my Model Y

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Update: for the first couple of weeks after I placed our order for a MYLR 7 seater, delivery date showed as March 15 - April 12, 2022. I just logged in to my Tesla account and delivery date now shows Feb 24 - March 24. Weird.
I have the same EDD you had, as soon as I read your post I had to check to see if mine updated. It didn’t. Reloaded page, still didn’t. 😩

Ordered MYLR MSM 5 seat black with 20" inductions on 11/8, and can't seem to find where I've been assigned an SA. Where would I see that on the website?

No EDD either, but recently updated to "Delivery timing will update based on configuration availability. We will reach out to schedule your delivery when your VIN is assigned." This is pretty normal, yes?

Ordered MYLR MSM 5 seat black with 20" inductions on 11/8, and can't seem to find where I've been assigned an SA. Where would I see that on the website?

No EDD either, but recently updated to "Delivery timing will update based on configuration availability. We will reach out to schedule your delivery when your VIN is assigned." This is pretty normal, yes?
If you did everything online, no SA. You need to go into a service center to get one. Not sure how fully online get one. As far as your EDD, it should be right above that message. But is the message you should have if your profile is complete.

If you did everything online, no SA. You need to go into a service center to get one. Not sure how fully online get one. As far as your EDD, it should be right above that message. But is the message you should have if your profile is complete.
Ah... makes sense then. Guess I'll have to drive over to the service center as the day gets closer next spring since I'll likely need to switch from cash to financing.

I completed everything Online, but I stated cash, no trade-in. I assume I can still change to cash/trade-in and not negatively affect my EDD, right?
I’m still debating if I trade-in or keep both cars. My wife and I share the same car… for now anyway.

I completed everything Online, but I stated cash, no trade-in. I assume I can still change to cash/trade-in and not negatively affect my EDD, right?
I’m still debating if I trade-in or keep both cars. My wife and I share the same car… for now anyway.
If you decide to get rid of other car, Tesla seems to lowball the offer, can get more from Carvana or Carmax

Reactions: in2survive
If you decide to get rid of other car, Tesla seems to lowball the offer, can get more from Carvana or Carmax
I’m not sure if it is the same in US, but here in Canada, when you trade in, the amount is deducted before taxes. Sales taxes is 13%… so if trade at $10,000 is the same as selling at $11,300. I also don’t know if Carvana or Carmax operates in Canada, never sold a car online before.
PS: Tesla was the first I bought online :)

I’m not sure if it is the same in US, but here in Canada, when you trade in, the amount is deducted before taxes. Sales taxes is 13%… so if trade at $10,000 is the same as selling at $11,300. I also don’t know if Carvana or Carmax operates in Canada, never sold a car online before.
That used to be the case in the US, as of I think last year, we can no longer use trade in to lower tax owed on a new car. Google something, I am sure you have used car dealers in Canada. Has to be better then Tesla's low ball offer

We can do that here in NY as well. Although I thought NY sales taxes were high at 8%…13%😳

How would the new infra bill that provides subsidy to EVs affect orders for this year? As per my understanding, the $7500 tax break will be applicable only from 2022.
Correct, if it passes, and again doesn't change too much, it will be effective after Dec 31, 2021. For 2022 it will be a tax credit on your taxes. As of 2023, it will be a point of purchase tax credit.

Reactions: Jones1
Correct, if it passes, and again doesn't change too much, it will be effective after Dec 31, 2021. For 2022 it will be a tax credit on your taxes. As of 2023, it will be a point of purchase tax credit.
Thanks. In that case, orders for new cars may come down for rest of the quarter, isnt it? Also Austin GF should have better manufacturing techniques possibly resulting in better quality. So I think it make sense to wait until 2022 to place an order.

Thanks. In that case, orders for new cars may come down for rest of the quarter, isnt it? Also Austin GF should have better manufacturing techniques possibly resulting in better quality. So I think it make sense to wait until 2022 to place an order.
I would place your order sooner then later, if you have decided to get one. Delivery times now are back into August or later. I would expect Austin to be in full swing for cars just ordered today, and you can even put it on hold if you want to hold off, but at least you lock in current pricing.

Welcome to the waiting game now! Grab tons of kleenex, and make sure to order something called "inner peace" off of Amazon, before supply chain mess causes that to run out of stock too.
You are looking at close to 90 days for your car, give or take, or get it earlier by forking out some more money, and get a performance upgrade, orrrrrrr, go through inventory/demo cars.
Those are your options!
Welcome to the gang you peeps, and congrats on pulling the trigger! ;)
I ordered mine July 17, to be delivered Nov 26 to my home! So excited but so many changes in delivery dates! Was suppose to be Oct 1.