Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2022 Delivery Date for my Model Y

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
New here. Ordered MY Blue on 10/30. Till this morning EDD was showing June 2022. Suddenly this morning it changed to Dec 14-31. I know this date mostly does not mean much but do you guys think this could be true?
I wish I could say that you are going to get your car very soon but most likely the EDD will change a few times before you get your car.

I'll check to see how this ages in a few weeks. Lol

Giga Austin posted 1,100 jobs three weeks ago. The Q3 report shows completed office/admin areas, part stamping lines, beginning stockpiles of sub assemblies, and test-line beta builds of one piece front and rear castings. They already have beta-build Y's running around Austin with employees to QC test as they tune the line.

They do not have (and will not have for a damn long while) the 4680 batteries, or structural battery format. The Anode and Cathode test-line production equipment got delivered early this week, and they still are supposedly having issues with cathode forming at scale. I think they will put them in the CyberTrucks at a lower output, until they are produced at enough scale to match the target production numbers for the MY. They don't want the good/better comparison for Fremont/Austin MY's based on production differences with batteries. It's probably a tough enough pill to swallow for the front castings at Austin, until they volume gets high enough to buy Fremont the time to retool without overall output suffering.

We'll see Austin-built (casted front/rear) MY's delivered before Christmas.
Excellent analysis.

Reactions: Sunvalleylaw
Ok, I will join this thread too. Ordered my blue MYLR, stock wheels, no FSD, black interior, tow hitch, 5 seats on 11-10. Had June, 2022 EDD at first, it briefly moved up to Mar-April, then today back to June. Was getting excited, but not worried about waiting a few more months either. If it gives time for Austin to be up and running with kinks ironed out before they get to my car, I am fine with that.

Ok, I will join this thread too. Ordered my blue MYLR, stock wheels, no FSD, black interior, tow hitch, 5 seats on 11-10. Had June, 2022 EDD at first, it briefly moved up to Mar-April, then today back to June. Was getting excited, but not worried about waiting a few more months either. If it gives time for Austin to be up and running with kinks ironed out before they get to my car, I am fine with that.
Very similar here too... Went back to June this morning... Hope that's temporary....

Reactions: Sunvalleylaw
Yes, you touch on something that’s getting little attention: It will be a long time probably before Austin can match Fremont quality. It took Fremont quite awhile to get to point where cars are coming out pretty good. My current March-April EDD feels like it might be around the tipping point where Austin builds start to show up in some number on East Coast.
I’ll take what I get, but it seems like tossup as to what is better, Fremont build quality or weight savings from front casting.

I'll check to see how this ages in a few weeks. Lol

Giga Austin posted 1,100 jobs three weeks ago. The Q3 report shows completed office/admin areas, part stamping lines, beginning stockpiles of sub assemblies, and test-line beta builds of one piece front and rear castings. They already have beta-build Y's running around Austin with employees to QC test as they tune the line.

They do not have (and will not have for a damn long while) the 4680 batteries, or structural battery format. The Anode and Cathode test-line production equipment got delivered early this week, and they still are supposedly having issues with cathode forming at scale. I think they will put them in the CyberTrucks at a lower output, until they are produced at enough scale to match the target production numbers for the MY. They don't want the good/better comparison for Fremont/Austin MY's based on production differences with batteries. It's probably a tough enough pill to swallow for the front castings at Austin, until they volume gets high enough to buy Fremont the time to retool without overall output suffering.

We'll see Austin-built (casted front/rear) MY's delivered before Christmas.
Probably not. The regulatory approval is requested for Dec 31.

But I posted this in another thread. Good info on giga Texas

Yes, you touch on something that’s getting little attention: It will be a long time probably before Austin can match Fremont quality. It took Fremont quite awhile to get to point where cars are coming out pretty good. My current March-April EDD feels like it might be around the tipping point where Austin builds start to show up in some number on East Coast.
I’ll take what I get, but it seems like tossup as to what is better, Fremont build quality or weight savings from front casting.
I like the idea of the new casting, and also would really love build quality to be more in line with better results people have been talking about more recently. Hoping they get the front casting stuff on the line in Fremont soon, before my car is made, as I see West Coast-ish (I am in the west, but Intermountain/Rockies) are going to still come from Fremont?

But, as you say, I cannot really control that. Will be interesting to observe.

I made a Model Y reservation on 4/28/2019, and the purchase price was $59,550 including FSD. With 10.25% Taxes, DMV and delivery the total is $67,520.
Today, when making the same reservation 11/27/2021, the purchase price is $70,990 including FSD. With 10.25% Taxes, DMV and delivery the total is $80,190.

So the difference is $12,670 but I wonder if there would be a possibility to transfer the order, as I saw it mentioned before?
I could buy and sale it immediately, but the most I could sale it is what someone would buy it new before having to pay Taxes and DMV, or $72,190.
So my maximum benefice would be (72,190 - 67,520) = $4,670, let say $4,000 (See details below)

So I have 3 options.

1. Buy the Model Y for myself, but because of the COVID situation, my current Model 3 has a low mileage, and I was not really considering to sale it.

2. Buy the Model Y and try to sell it for a maximum possible profit of $4,000

3. Just let it goes, and wait for my $2,500 deposit, that I could had invested in TSLA for a 10x return...

What would you do in my situation?

NB: If someone knows a way to make a reservation transfer, thus avoiding to have to pay sales taxes twice, you can PM me, but I doubt about it.

Here is the detail of each purchase order:
=====================================================
27/11/2021

$58,990 ....... Model Y Long Range Dual Motor All-Wheel Drive
Included ..... Pearl White Paint
$_2,000 ....... 20’’ Induction Wheels
Included ..... All Black Premium Interior
Included ..... Five Seat Interior
Included ..... Autopilot
$10,000 ....... Full Self-Driving Capability
Included ...... 30-Day Premium Connectivity Trial
--------------------------------------------------
$70,990 ....... Purchase Price

$_1,200 ........ Destination & doc fee
$72,190 ........ Total (Before Taxes)

$_7,400 ........ 10.25% sales taxes
$___600 ........ DMV
$80,190 ........ Total (after Taxes)
========================================================

============================================================
4/28/2019 11:09 PM

$48,000 ....... Model Y Long Range Dual Motor All-Wheel Drive
$_2,000 ....... Pearl White Multi-Coat
$_1,500 ....... 19’’ Sport Wheels
Included ..... 20’’ Induction Wheels (Updated by Tesla 1/29/2020)
Included ..... All Black Premium Interior
Included ..... Five Seat Interior
$_3,000 ....... Autopilot
$_5,000 ....... Full Self-Driving Capability
Included ...... Premium Connectivity Trial (The 1 year was not listed)
---------------------------------------------------
$59,500 ....... Purchase Price

$_1,200 ........ Destination & doc fee
$60,700 ........ Total (Before Taxes)

$_6,220 ........ 10.25% sales taxes
$___600 ........ DMV
$67,520 ........ Total (after Taxes)
========================================================

$80,190 ........ Total (after Taxes)
-67,520 ........ Total (after Taxes)