Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2022 Model Y Performance HV battery replacement

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Picked up a 2022 MYP two weeks ago. Currently it has 653 miles.

Got a call from Tesla over the past two days with a voicemail stating that out of some concern they want to get me in for a service appointment for an HV battery replacement.

They have since scheduled me for a service appointment for this Friday 12/3. I asked about the issue in the service thread and Andrea from Tesla stated they discovered a fault in the HV pack that they need to get corrected. The correction is replacing the pack with a new one. They will be providing me a loaner. Also, it will be possible that they will have the vehicle for a bit of time while they work to get the new battery and install it.

Anyone else been contacted by Tesla about this?

At least one other person here has posted the same thing, today:

Got a call from Tesla over the past two days with a voicemail stating that out of some concern they want to get me in for a service appointment for an HV battery replacement.

They have since scheduled me for a service appointment for this Friday 12/3. I asked about the issue in the service thread and Andrea from Tesla stated they discovered a fault in the HV pack that they need to get corrected. The correction is replacing the pack with a new one. They will be providing me a loaner. Also, it will be possible that they will have the vehicle for a bit of time while they work to get the new battery and install it.

Hello I am having the same issue, I bought 2022 Model Y, last week and within 4 days HV went bad now I have to wait4-6 weeks to get the new HV battery pack from CA. 😩

Same here and the service center explained that could be a possible faulty battery issue and the team wants to analyze the battery while they are relatively new without any heavy mileages on them.

Just posted this myself and then I saw yours. I think it’s bs honestly. Like it takes month to get the car in the first place.

“Model 3 Long Range 2022 battery issue

Hi everyone,

I just bought a model 3 on November 23rd and a week later received a call saying they my car may have a battery problem and that they need it back at the service department. I’ve been told my battery needs to be replaced. I was given a crappy old model X loaner that is in terrible condition. I guess I have two questions, is this happening to anyone else? And is there anything I should ask Tesla to do for me due to them taking my brand new car for almost two weeks and counting? At this point I’m paying a car payment for a *sugar* loaner and I’m just kinda upset.”

Just posted this myself and then I saw yours. I think it’s bs honestly. Like it takes month to get the car in the first place.

“Model 3 Long Range 2022 battery issue

Hi everyone,

I just bought a model 3 on November 23rd and a week later received a call saying they my car may have a battery problem and that they need it back at the service department. I’ve been told my battery needs to be replaced. I was given a crappy old model X loaner that is in terrible condition. I guess I have two questions, is this happening to anyone else? And is there anything I should ask Tesla to do for me due to them taking my brand new car for almost two weeks and counting? At this point I’m paying a car payment for a *sugar* loaner and I’m just kinda upset.”

Definitely happening to others. I have a friend that picked up a MYP at the end of November and also got ca cold call about replacing their HV battery and the service center so far has had the car for about as long as they had it for and they didn't even get a loaner.

edit: This upsets me as well since I had recommended the MY to my friend and now they are stuck in Tesla Service hell which I fortunately never had to go through.

• Funny
Reactions: buckets0fun

My 2021 model Y needs a new HV battery. Due to shipping issues will be in the shop for 6 weeks.

At least one other person here has posted the same thing, today:

What was your build date/year?