Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2022 Model Y Took delivery today

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
so I just literally picked up the car and when driving I can hear what appears to be a rattle noise in the trunk area.. sounds like the trunk isn't seated right or something. so annoying on an 90k car. anyone else have this happen. on smooth highways you don't hear much at all.. can anyone throw a few ideas out.. cheers.

so I just literally picked up the car and when driving I can hear what appears to be a rattle noise in the trunk area.. sounds like the trunk isn't seated right or something. so annoying on an 90k car. anyone else have this happen. on smooth highways you don't hear much at all.. can anyone throw a few ideas out.. cheers.
That stinks.
.....and for 90 Grand? You definitely got ripped off.

Upvote 0

Double check the rear seat belts aren't bouncing against the rear panel. I usually tuck them in but if they are used or fold down the seats they bang pretty good. Just picked up from etsy belt holders attached to seat headrest to avoid the problem.

Reactions: DanDi58 and WhiteWi
Upvote 0
This is something that I’ve experienced. A rattling in the rear of the Y on rough roads. Not saying what I’m experiencing is what you are, but I’ll share my rattling. I removed everything from the rear of the car to make sure it wasn’t something else. Try this, open the rear gate, once it’s fully open rapidly move the gate up and down. I’ll bet the you’ll see movement on the left hinge with accompanying noise, I’ll assume that’s the noise you are hearing. The right hinge doesn’t have the same movement as the left side does. I had the service center look at it again today as they said that they had fixed it previously, there was some adjustment on the seam (no idea where). Today they checked other MY’s and said that it was normal! They were unable to tell me why one side would have that amount of “play”. Not super happy about the noise back there, my overactive OCD at work 🤦‍♂️.

Upvote 0
I really think it's hatch alignment and or bump stops... is there a way to adjust them.. ? thx
4 bump stops on hatch are really easy to adjust. It will change panel gaps too. I adjusted mine to have near perfect gaps then I made the other bump stops just barely touch. It’s trial and error and putting a liquid on the stops to tell they are touching.

Upvote 0
This is something that I’ve experienced. A rattling in the rear of the Y on rough roads. Not saying what I’m experiencing is what you are, but I’ll share my rattling. I removed everything from the rear of the car to make sure it wasn’t something else. Try this, open the rear gate, once it’s fully open rapidly move the gate up and down. I’ll bet the you’ll see movement on the left hinge with accompanying noise, I’ll assume that’s the noise you are hearing. The right hinge doesn’t have the same movement as the left side does. I had the service center look at it again today as they said that they had fixed it previously, there was some adjustment on the seam (no idea where). Today they checked other MY’s and said that it was normal! They were unable to tell me why one side would have that amount of “play”. Not super happy about the noise back there, my overactive OCD at work 🤦‍♂️.
Interesting, my left side has movement/noise too.

Upvote 0
I have a 'thunk' that occurs when I accel/decel. It's definitely coming from the rear. I have the Etsy seatbelt holders (they are high quality, BTW) and have removed everything from the car. I will have to check the hatch, but frankly, it sounds like it's coming from the driver's side rear seat, although it is solid in it's position. Will have to check the hatch. Seems like it mainly happens only the first couple times I accel/decel.

Upvote 0