Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2022 Model Y - USB Data Ports - USB-A Glovebox Only

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Spoke too soon. I get Loading Error for my Samsung T5 today after waking my 2022 Model 3 LR up. It requires a reboot to get it to be recognized. Really wish Tesla hadn't removed USB Data from the center console. Yet another reminder how flawed this car is on the inside. Love and hate the tech of this car at the same time.

Rebooting every time I get in my Model 3 is not what I'm looking for.
This is due to a bug in recent tesla firmware. If you search dashcam unavailable , you nshould see the thread.

So...I finally installed the original module and have some insight on what the problem might be with the TParts module. I emailed @TPARTS and sent them a message here to see what they say prior to releasing that information here. They're a small business and worked hard to bring something to the market that many of us want and need.

@silent06 I was finally able to get the 8bitdo adapter to work with my JEDA HUB installed. I haven't tested it out with an Xbox One controller since I only have Xbox Series X controllers but it did work with a Switch controller. But, I'll be clear, it did not work on the TParts module and only worked with the OEM module.
Hi, Did u happen to use the USB Dashcam HUB. if so can you please provide me some inputs. waiting to get my USB music connected in the car

Everything works properly with the OEM module. I stopped testing the TPARTS module since it didn't work well for me when my JEDA hub was installed.
The reason JEDA hub doesn’t work with TPARTS’s dual data/power usb-c modules is because JEDA hub was made to plug in to a tesla y which has one usb-A port and one usb-c port.
I have never seen a tesla model y OEM data module in the used parts sites which offered dual data & power usb-c . I suspect tesla only made data modules with usb-A & usb-c port and sometime in 11/2021 switched to dual power only usb-c modules. 🤷‍♂️.
From JEDA’s site.

“*This hub is intended for Tesla Model Y’s and Model 3’s with one USB A and one USB C port. Please refer to our product compatibility guide for assistance.”

The reason JEDA hub doesn’t work with TPARTS’s dual data/power usb-c modules is because JEDA hub was made to plug in to a tesla y which has one usb-A port and one usb-c port. From JEDA’s site.

“*This hub is intended for Tesla Model Y’s and Model 3’s with one USB A and one USB C port. Please refer to our product compatibility guide for assistance.”
You're talking about the OLD hub. They refreshed it when Tesla changed the module to only support two USB-C ports. This is the HUB I speak of...

I always assumed we were talking about the OEM Module that matched the one TPARTS made. Anyway, I hope this clarifies things.

The reason JEDA hub doesn’t work with TPARTS’s dual data/power usb-c modules is because JEDA hub was made to plug in to a tesla y which has one usb-A port and one usb-c port.
I have never seen a tesla model y OEM data module in the used parts sites which offered dual data & power usb-c . I suspect tesla only made data modules with usb-A & usb-c port and sometime in 11/2021 switched to dual power only usb-c modules. 🤷‍♂️.
From JEDA’s site.

Trust me, the TPARTS module does NOT work with MOST USB hubs. I have tested it and have video to prove that the contacts are pushed in way too far for it to make contact with most USB hubs, JEDA or not.

You're talking about the OLD hub. They refreshed it when Tesla changed the module to only support two USB-C ports. This is the HUB I speak of...

I always assumed we were talking about the OEM Module that matched the one TPARTS made. Anyway, I hope this clarifies things.
Thanks for informing me of my outdated info.

Thanks for informing me of my outdated info.
In complete transparency, the new USB hub is complete trash. The old version they had was the gold standard for quite a while. They overpriced this new hub after adding the wireless capabilities for the airpods and apple watch. In my testing, the apple watch charging barely works. The HUB works well but doesn't sit flush most of the time.

In complete transparency, the new USB hub is complete trash. The old version they had was the gold standard for quite a while. They overpriced this new hub after adding the wireless capabilities for the airpods and apple watch. In my testing, the apple watch charging barely works. The HUB works well but doesn't sit flush most of the time.
Any idea if we can get the Older version and if so can u share the model details if you have?
is this one older version or new one?

Any idea if we can get the Older version and if so can u share the model details if you have?
The old version is still available on JEDA's site but as @ElectricAnt54 mentioned, it is not compatible with the current OEM module or the TPARTS module being produced. You'd have to find an old OEM module but I can't speak to the compatibility or the old modules with new MY's or M3's.

Reactions: svsk135
You're looking at a completely different brand. I'm not familiar with Jowua products and have never used them before.

I have a lame question - since my Y came without the console data port, it also did not include Sonic the hedgehog, and Cuphead video games, possibly a few others, since you can't play them without a controller. After adding this device, which restores data port functionality, does that allow the missing video games to be downloaded somehow? Or am I SOL and will never get these video games promised by Elon?

Reactions: Firocity
I have a lame question - since my Y came without the console data port, it also did not include Sonic the hedgehog, and Cuphead video games, possibly a few others, since you can't play them without a controller. After adding this device, which restores data port functionality, does that allow the missing video games to be downloaded somehow? Or am I SOL and will never get these video games promised by Elon?
There's a leak that Tesla is working on bluetooth controller support. They are aware people want to play the games.
Tesla to add Bluetooth game controller support soon

At the moment, I don't think just swapping the port will restore the games however, I believe the software config has to be updated so that the updates will include the missing games. Someone that has tried can chime in.

There's a leak that Tesla is working on bluetooth controller support. They are aware people want to play the games.
Tesla to add Bluetooth game controller support soon

At the moment, I don't think just swapping the port will restore the games however, I believe the software config has to be updated so that the updates will include the missing games. Someone that has tried can chime in.
I added center data capable ports. Missing games do not appear.

Unfortunately, you don't get the games...for now. Like @stopcrazypp mentioned, they're working on Bluetooth support. I'm assuming they're waiting until they can release a Tesla-branded Bluetooth controller prior to providing this update. I could be wrong but I think they had Tesla-branded controllers during the Model S launch event.

Might be a stupid question, but here goes nothing.
Instead of buying the TPARTS Data Module, could I get a USB B Mini female to USB A female then run a male to female USB A cable to the bottom of the console? All I want to do is play music from USB. Or does the Tesla USB B mini supply zero power at all? Making it not possible.
Just keen to save a few bucks if I can make it work.
Screen Shot 2022-06-03 at 12.26.43 PM.png

Last edited: