Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2022 Models - VIN not found for CA clean rebate program

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Is anyone having issues trying to apply for the clean rebate program in California?

My VIN still says not found under their website, neither on KBB, I checked with an auto shop, and the VIN doesn’t show up either because it’s too new. The systems haven’t updated.

It’s almost 2022 though and we only have 90 days to apply.

Ugh, anyone else on the same boat?

I've verbally spoken to the State of California and have had multiple email corespondance with them. They've told me that because Tesla has not submitted the request to add the 2022 that they cannot qualify for any rebate. There currently is zero timeline for when Tesla will submit this. If you've purchased your Tesla PRIOR to the 2022 being added its not looking promising that we'll be able to retroactively claim any rebate (one of the emails implied that your vehicle would only qualify if you purchased after the date added.

Reactions: fatiiiii0607
Noooo, that sucks!!
I've verbally spoken to the State of California and have had multiple email corespondance with them. They've told me that because Tesla has not submitted the request to add the 2022 that they cannot qualify for any rebate. There currently is zero timeline for when Tesla will submit this. If you've purchased your Tesla PRIOR to the 2022 being added its not looking promising that we'll be able to retroactively claim any rebate (one of the emails implied that your vehicle would only qualify if you purchased after the date added.